Status: I'll see how this goes and maybe I'll write more.

I've Lost My Fear of Falling

I'll Keep You Safe Tonight

—Bandit’s Perspective—

Gerard broke away from me and took my hand.

“Let’s go inside so I can make up with Lindsey.” he said and I nodded. We walked into the house. Lindsey was curled up on the couch, reading a book. “Lindsey? Can we talk?” he asked shyly, running his fingers through his hair.

“Fine. Bandit, go upstairs.” she replied icily.

“She can stay if she wants.” Gerard said through his teeth, trying to keep his temper at bay.

“No, it’s okay, Dad. I can leave.” I told him, squeezing his hand before I left. But I stayed at the top of stairs to listen.

“Linz, I’m so sorry. I really didn’t mean any of it.” he sighed.

“What about Bandit?” she asked.

“What about her?” he asked back.

“What are you gonna do? Right now, you’ve got her wrapped around your finger. What’s gonna happen when you leave again and never bother to contact her, like you always do? What then, Gerard? She’s fifteen. She needs a solid father figure in her life.”

“I guess I’ll have to accept the consequences. But for now, I would like a second chance.” he replied earnestly. Lindsey sighed.

“Fine. I forgive you.” she yielded.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you so much!” he laughed, picking her up and spinning her around. She laughed along with him and I smiled. Everything was good again. Gerard came upstairs and I tried to hurry to my room, to no avail.

“I know you were listening.” he said in a singsong voice.

“Sorry, Dad.” I smiled sheepishly.

“It’s okay. I kinda wanted you to hear anyway.”

“WIll you drive me to school tomorrow?” I asked.

“Sure. Now get to sleep.” he smiled, hugging me and mussing up my hair.

“And Dad?” I asked.

“Yeah?” he asked back.

“It’s good to have you back.” I told him and went up to my room.

The next morning, I woke up bright and early. I dressed and grabbed a muffin and a bottle of juice. Dad was sitting at the kitchen table, drinking his coffee from a travel mug and reading a comic book. I laughed at his boyish ways.

“Ready to go?” he asked, looking up.

“Yeah.” I nodded, hitching my backpack onto my shoulder.

He led me out to the Trans-Am. When we got to school, everyone stopped and stared.

“Does this always happen?” he asked, slightly alarmed.

“No. They know who you are, but they don’t care about me, so they leave me alone. Well, they did.” I explained.

“Bandit, I’m sorry. I didn’t even think about it.” he sighed, rubbing his temples.

“It’s fine. And if anyone messes with me, I’ll leave them to you.” I promised.

“That’s my girl.” he smiled. He squeezed my arm and I got out of the car. “Give ‘em hell, kid.” he added right before I closed the door.

“Look alive, sunshine.” I replied and walked into school, despite the heavy stares.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Scarecrow-MCR

Comment, PLEASE?! Maddie's the only person that cares about this story and that's because she's IN it.