Status: this is going through a huge rewrite

Masters of War

002

The fluorescent bulb overhead kept flickering causing my eyes to bug a little while I read my paper. According to this article, the guy who manages the rival tattoo shop of my friend's parlor is runnin for president. Well that should get interesting.

I look up at the buzzing bulb and focus on that a little bit before I shift my gaze to the wall clock on the left. Another four hours in this shit hole stare back at me and there's been all of three customers in the two hours I've been here: how this establishment makes a buck is beyond me. My mocha eyes begin to scan the rows of candy, chips, and other useless shit until they water and lose focus.

I cannot take another four hours of this.

I step down from my post behind the till and take the short walk to the front doors, all the while fishing in my pants pocket for my Reds. The rain hits me like a brick wall as I open the door and I make a break for it towards the shelter the pump bay. I open the red flap of my smokes and dump the lighter out then pack the box against my palm a few times. I hold a smoke between my teeth as I bring a hand cupped lighter to it.

I practice blowing smoke rings for a minute, tawny brows furrowed trying to get my tongue in just the right position to make that little "o" when something catches in my periphery. A garbage can is knocked over moments later making me jump about seven feet in the air while screaming an intelligent "Jesus FUCK!" into nothing.

Slowly making my way over towards the disturbance, I ignore every scary movie instinct thrown my way. This is actually pretty stupid on my part, stalking towards a mysterious, dark alley, looking like a total bimbo in the process. A shaky chuckle rumbles through my lips as I run my hands through my now drenched mohawk.

"fucking stupid" I curse under my breath. The rain still pelting me like the world was ending, I was miles away from the safety of flourescent lights.

A cough and a soft groan fill the silence making me almost jump out of my skin. I shuffle my feet in the debris underfoot, afraid of what I'll find in the mouth of the alley. The swift wind was urging he smoke from my lit cigarette back into my eyes making them sting and water. I take the smoke out of my mouth and flick the ash onto the ground before throwing the butt to bounce on the concrete.

"Umm... Is there anyone out there?" Well no shit, Sherlock. Jesus, I'm starting to sound like a cliche.

I take a few more tentative steps closer to the alley. My heart lodges itself in my throat making a painful lump as my left foot makes an audible stomp in something sticky. I lift my boot to further inspect what exactly is was that I stepped in. Red sludge coats the bottom of my soles mixed with creamy chunks that look oddly like... I have to fight the urge to retch whatever's in my stomach on the concrete.

I look back down and my eyes immediately focus on the body of a man about four feet ahead of me, unconscious and halfway through the change.
♠ ♠ ♠
for reals, though, the man that is half owner of the tatt shop that I got my first few tattoos in is running for president. he absolutely has my vote, not only 'cause it's an awesome concept, but because he's a genuinely cool dude.

remember that, in the great words of Nirvana, everyone is gay and nature is a whore. just thought you should know.

WOOT WOOT! three readers ;)
don't be a silent reader, tell me what you think.