Status: Working on it, and hopefully this one will be finished. *cross your fingers*

#vegasbaby

I See You Shine in Your Way; Go On, Go On, Go On

Damn. This girl was really getting to me. Why was I letting her get to me? I hadn't had a girlfriend in three years, and I hadn't been planning on one for a long while after this. But this girl...damn, there was just something about her. Not only did she have an amazing body, but she was funny in a sarcastic way, and sweet (when had I ever called a girl sweet, seriously?). There was just something about her, and I couldn't pin it down to one thing, but it made me want her. I couldn't stop thinking about how hot she was when she danced, how gorgeous she was when she just stood there, and how it made me feel funny when she smiled at me. I got the goosebumps when she did that, and not the ghost kind; it was totally different, and I kind of liked it.

When she had looked me in the eyes and told me that she liked me, I almost didn't know what to do. I thought that bringing her outside would give me time to think of a good response, but the whole way there, I was just thinking of saying "I like you too." When have I ever done that, though? I would never fall into a trap like that and tell a girl that I flat out liked her...unless she was special. So, that's why I kissed her before she could say anything else. I wouldn't let myself get involved with Brielle if I didn't know the real her behind the pretty face. Not that I thought she was two-faced, but who knows what a girl's like when she's alone with a guy, or when she's just hanging out and not going to a fancy restaurant? If only I could have talked to Nick and Aaron before I had gotten involved in this mess...

I got those chills down my spine again when Brielle put her hands on the back of my neck while we kissed. I instinctively put my arms around her and pulled her off her feet before kissing her a bit harder and pulling away. She looked completely surprised and breathless when I looked in her eyes, and I saw a sparkle in them that I liked; I'm not going to lie, it was hot. I wanted to take her back to my room then, but I knew we both weren't like that. I didn't sleep with girls on the first night, and she looked like a down-to-earth, moral Southern girl. That accent was cute, too, the way she kind of drawled everything and had a twang at the end of every sentence... Snap out of it, bro, she's staring at you. I shook my head a little before looking at her, realizing she looked a little worried because I had probably been talking to myself for more than 10 seconds. I really needed to stop that.

"So, do you want to find Berk, Nick, and Aaron and go back to our rooms?" She asked me, and I could see a twinge of sadness when she said "our rooms." What does that mean? She wants to come back to my room? I didn't know how to talk to girls outside of clubs and shit; I hadn't been to a restaurant as a first date since high school.

"Yeah, let's find them, then we'll see what's up." She smiled that cute smile that wrinkled her eyes at me and grabbed my hand before walking back into the room. I liked the feel of her hand in mine; it was small and warm and soft compared to my big, calloused one. We found Nick, Aaron, and Berkely (what, was she named after the college), and went back into the lobby. After a second of talking to Berkely suspiciously, Brielle turned around with an excited look on her face. Hell, what has she planned now?

"Berkely and I were wondering if you'd all like to come up to our room for a movie? We can pop popcorn and we have sodas!" She shook herself as if junk food were enticing and would lure us in. I almost snorted at the way she looked like a goof, but in a cute way. Nick looked at me and shrugged, and Aaron looked at me with his eyebrows raised. This was going to be a long night, I thought, but why not? Nick would get to know Berkely better (who would have thought he would finally find a girl?) and I would get a chance to learn what Brielle was like behind the scenes. Brielle grabbed me by the hand and led us all up the stairs to their room.

She covered my eyes before asking Berkely to open the door. I thought it was cute that she was playing games, but what was there to hide from me? Maybe they hadn't cleaned up from their "getting ready" session or something, I don't know. I heard her speak from behind me and felt her knee push my leg forward. "Here we are, sweet ole temporary home!" Brielle took her hands off of my face and I opened my eyes to see a room almost identical to Aaron, Nick, and I's, except the beds in the bedroom seemed to have nicer sheets. There was a living room type area with two couches and a mini bar, a TV, and a desk in the corner with a laptop bag placed on it. Aaron and Nick walked in and made themselves at home on the couch while Berkely said she was going to change, and Brielle stood in front of me smiling widely.

"Do ya like it?" I nodded and she smiled wider, making her eyes crinkle again. My stomach flipped a little, and I cursed at myself. Damn, she's just smiling. Get it together, bro. "Well, good. Make yourself at home and I'll be right back. This dress is getting uncomfortable." She started tugging at it as if that would help the material to get any better. I nodded and threw her a quick smile, then she squeezed my hand and went into the bedroom after Berkely. I sat on the couch that Nick and Aaron weren't sprawled across and laid my head on the back of the couch.

"Dude, you two scored tonight, eh?" Aaron said with a chuckle, and I opened my eyes to look at him in a "bro, seriously?" way. He just laughed more and started talking to Nick about Berkely. I'm not going to lie, Brielle's cousin was pretty cute too, but she seemed too stuck-up for me; maybe she was nicer on the inside, but she looked like she had a stick up her ass half the time to me.

Brielle and Berkely walked back into the room with pajamas on. Berkely had on a blue silk matching set (see? I told you she had something going on; who wears that?) and Brielle had on a pair of brown bunny pajamas with a pink cami on top. She looked more laid-back, and I liked that about her; she was comfortable with herself, and she didn't care that her hair was up in a mess (that strangely looked good on her) and that she was makeup less. I liked it about her, and when she plopped herself down next to me, I put my arms around her shoulders and hugged her close to me. She wrapped her arms around my waist, and squeezed me quickly before snuggling closer.

"Oh, crap! I forgot you guys were still in your nice clothes... I'm sorry, you can go back to your rooms or something..." Brielle sounded pretty upset, but I couldn't really tell because her voice was muffled from having her face snuggled to my chest. I hadn't realized how tiny she was because she had those heels on at dinner, but now that I looked at her, she was probably at least a foot shorter than I was, and she had a nice thin body. I bet she weighed less than a hundred pounds, and I kind of liked having her by my side; I normally didn't like dolls, but she was like a cute one that I wouldn't mind having around. I stopped thinking when I realized she sounded pretty distressed. I was getting a little hot in the long-sleeved shirt, but hopefully she wouldn't mind me taking it off and just wearing the t-shirt underneath. I took my clip-on tie off (I know, I know, a clip-on tie? I didn't have anything nice to wear and it was the only thing in the gift shop) and started unbuttoning my shirt. Brielle looked up at me with widened eyes and unwrapped her arms from my waist. I just laughed at her and pulled the two sides of my shirt back to show the black t-shirt I was wearing underneath.

"I know you're in Vegas, hun, but I'm no stripper, I swear." She laughed at that, and I smiled at her laugh; it was cute and sweet, almost sounded like bells to me. Dammit, she's really getting to me! I don't even know her that well yet! Berkely got up and turned off the lights before switching on a movie. To be honest, I don't even know what movie was playing, because I passed out as soon as the previews started to play.

~


The next morning, I woke up to find myself on a couch and disoriented. Where was I? What happened last night? I spotted Nick, Aaron, and Berkely passed out cold on the other couch and realized where I was. But where was Brielle? That's when I heard the shower running, and set my head back down on the couch to get my head pieced back together. Had I slept here all night? Had Nick and Aaron passed out as soon as I had, or had they just stayed here so I wouldn't be alone? Whatever, it wasn't that big of a deal anyway. I stretched my arms out, but when I heard the bathroom door open, I pulled them back quickly and closed my eyes to pretend I was sleeping. I heard Brielle digging around in her room for something, and then heard the balcony door open. What was she doing outside this early? It's like 6 and probably freezing cold outside.

I sat up slowly, trying not to set my head spinning, and stood up to stretch out again, rolling my shoulders and pushing my head side to side so my neck would crack. When I felt awake again, I walked over to the bedroom door and pushed it open so that I could see what she was doing. I spotted the towel she had apparently used on the floor and hoped I wouldn't be caught staring at her naked on the balcony. That would be awkward. I looked up cautiously to see her in the same cami from last night, but with tights and shorts on instead of pajama pants. She bent over to switch a radio on, and sat down on the ground. I cocked my head to the side and wondered what the hell was going on before she started to stretch her legs out by reaching forward and grabbing her toes. I pieced two and two together when I saw the pointe shoes on her feet.

She's a dancer? What the fuck? I couldn't help but wonder why she hadn't told me about her little "hobby," and why she would wake up at 6 in the morning to dance. Though it was strange, I sat in the door mesmerized by what she was doing for at least ten more minutes. Just watching her stretch was new, and the way she did it was so graceful. Once she was finished stretching, she switched the track on her radio and I recognized it immediately. "I Think Ur a Contra" by Vampire Weekend began to play, and she lifted her leg up to her shoulder and then continued in a fluid, flowing dance. My eyes widened and couldn't come unglued from her as she spun and stretched her legs to limits I couldn't imagine for my own. It was beautiful, and dare I say, damn sexy. The way she danced made my jaw drop, and it wasn't just because it made her twice as hot, but because I could see that passion in the way she moved, and when she hummed along to the slow but happy music, I could tell she really loved this.

But what made me close my mouth was her eyes on mine after she spun around. Her eyes had been closed this entire time, but I guess she had opened them for some weird reason? All I knew was that she looked like I had intruded on something personal, and she stopped dead in her tracks. I opened my mouth to make a clever comment, but nothing came up, and I was left stuttering like an idiot. When I really looked at her, I saw some kind of fear in her eyes, like she felt obsolete because of her (sweet) skills. I pushed the door open all the way and looked down ashamedly, because honestly, I was sorry that I had been watching her during her morning private time. She picked up her things and took her shoes off, throwing them into the room’s corner across from me. I watched them fly across he room, and looked up at her to mutter “sorry.” I really hadn’t meant to walk in on her, and I expected her to punch me or something when I heard her bare feet stomping on the floor.

When I felt her arms around my waist, though, I was a little taken back. She’s hugging me? I looked down to see her head nuzzled to my chest and instinctively wrapped my arms around her. I didn’t know what else to do, so I just waited until she pulled away and looked around the room like she wanted to say something, but was nervous to.

“I’m sorry you had to walk in on me doing that. It was probably pretty weird, and I should have waited for you all to leave…” Wait, wait, wait. She was sorry I had walked in on her? But it was my fault! I opened my mouth to say something, but she cut me off. “I don’t dance for a living or anything; it’s just a hobby. I’m actually a psychology major in college. Anyway..." She shook her head and scrunched her eyebrows as if she was trying to get her head together. "Oh gosh, I can’t believe you saw that…” She put her hands on both sides of that pretty little head (her hair was still wet too, and damn, I kinda liked it), then took them off and started pacing in a little circle in front of me. This was something I had never seen a girl do before, and I sure as hell didn’t know how to make her feel better. But I’m a ghost-hunter, I should know how to deal with anything…right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit goes to Vampire Weekend's Giving Up the Gun :3