Status: Working on it, and hopefully this one will be finished. *cross your fingers*

#vegasbaby

Shoot for the Stars if It Feels Right

I ran my hands through my hair and sighed loudly. Aaron was sound asleep, and I took the chance to get a shower in before he woke up and started questioning me relentlessly about Brielle. I didn't even know what I was doing with her, so why try to make up a bullshit answer for Aaron to doubt? He would try to hold me to my answer too, and if I decided something else later, he would never let it go. Shit, I wish I could just keep her here all summer, but she would have to go back. I promised her I wouldn't think about it. So I didn't, and just finished my shower and got dressed in a t-shirt and jeans. I stood in front of the mirror and wondered what Brielle could possibly see in this cocky son of a bitch that I was staring at. I could keep a good act up, I knew that, but she was getting too far into my emotions. Those damn spirits that followed me home would sense her soon, and I wasn't going to let them hurt her. But why would I just let her go because of those things? It was what was best for her, but what about me? I had feelings too.

I just shook my head and spiked my hair into the shark fin. Before I could walk out of the room, I felt the hair on my arms raise and energy surged through me like someone passed right into me. Fuck, they better not mess with me, I thought, and then heard two knocks on the wall next to me.

"Get the fuck out of here," I muttered to whoever it was that was following me around. I just shook my head and walked out of the hotel room holding my head. They had started to give me a headache, but as soon as I got into the hall, it went away. It must have been Aaron's demons; poor guy, when he agreed to be our tech guy he probably didn't know just how much trouble he was getting into. He knew what he was dealing with now, and I was just glad that it wasn't my problems following me today. I really didn't want Brielle to get involved with them, though she would probably have to if I stayed with her for much longer.

When I got to her hotel room again, I sighed before knocking on the door. Nick answered and let me in, telling me Brielle wasn't out yet. I looked at my phone and saw that it was 8 already. I sighed again while I stood in the hallway by the bedroom, checking my Twitter for any updates. Nothing important, but people were probably starting to get antsy since I hadn't Tweeted in a few days.

Hanging w/ Nick&Aaron in Vegas and met some cool ppl. Going dancing soon

Damn, I got replies fast. "OMG where are you going?" "I'm in Vegas too! <3" Eesh, these people could get excited over my updates, and I didn't understand why. Not that it wasn't cool having fans, but people these days could go insane over stuff like Tweets. Whatever.

"I'm ready to go!" I heard in that Southern drawl, and turned around to look in the bedroom door. Brielle was standing there in a tight printed dress and dark purple and black Nike tennis shoes. Her hair was down and straight, coming down almost to her...butt which I couldn't stop staring at. She had her hands up in the air like she was modeling the dress and spun around in a circle before hugging me.

"It's about damn time," I pretended to sigh and then winked at her. I squeezed her back and then she let me go and walked in front of the TV. Berkely started complaining (like she always did), and Brielle put a serious look on her face.

"You two better be good, do you understand?" She sounded like a mother, and Nick and Berkely nodded at her sheepishly. She gave Nick a good look in the eye as if telling him not to touch her cousin, then walked over to me and grabbed my hand. I just laughed at how she switched from serious to smiley so quickly. This girl was a trip, and I really liked it. Though I wouldn't normally go for someone as different as Berkely could be, I enjoyed her crazy personality and the way she loved being herself. It was fun, honestly, and I hadn't had fun for months.

"Ready to go?" I asked, and she nodded before I led us out of the door. She just followed me down the hallway, bouncing around like she couldn't wait to get that little body of hers dancing. I couldn't wait either, but I wasn't going to skip down these halls like a maniac. We got into the elevator, and as we were heading down, she moved to stand in front of me and grabbed the collar of my t-shirt. I noticed she was on her tiptoes and almost made a snide comment before she bit her lip and looked at me in a way she hadn't before. It was hot, and I smiled at her with that cocky side grin I knew most girls liked.

"Don't look at me like that; you'll make me tackle you." She smiled and took another step toward me so that our bodies were touching. I tightened up at that and had to ball my hands into fists so I wouldn't do something stupid. "You don't want me to do this?" I guessed she had seen my fists and cursed to myself. No, that's the thing. I want you to do more than that. I just looked at her and shook my head so that I wouldn't say anything. She pushed herself up higher on her toes so that her face was right next to mine. I could smell her perfume when she was this close; it smelled like honeysuckle, and I closed my eyes to breathe it in again. Damn, she smelled good, and it made me want to do bad things...

I was a second away from losing it when the elevator doors opened. Thank goodness no one was in the door, because they probably wouldn't have enjoyed the view. I opened my eyes and saw Brielle wink at me before walking out by herself, not pulling me along for once. I just cocked my head to the side while I watched her walk further into the lobby, and stared at her butt that moved just the way I liked it. She turned around and raised her eyebrows like I was drooling or something, and I realized I practically was. The elevator doors almost closed with me still in it, and I had to jog to catch up with her. She laughed at me when I finally caught up with her, and I almost pushed her. She really knew how to play me, and I didn't know if I liked the fact that I liked it.

On the way outside, a few other guys looked at Brielle the wrong way, and I almost wanted to punch them. I ended up just putting my arm around her waist and pulled her close to me. She put her hand in my back pocket, and we walked side-by-side to the street. We only had to walk for ten minutes to the club that I liked, and we walked into their best DJ's night. I sent out a silent "thanks" to whoever was out there in the cosmos, and looked down to see Brielle's reaction. She looked excited about the music, and she rushed straight into the crowd and pulled me along with her.

Right when we got in, "Party Rock" by LMFAO came on, and she turned around to smile at me. I just smiled back at her and she turned around and started jumping to the beat. I almost started laughing, but she turned back around when they started rapping again and threw her arms around my neck. I put my arms around her waist and started moving with her. I liked how she slowly got closer to me as the song went on, and I smiled when she started rubbing against me. Oh geez, she was getting me on the edge, and I really liked it. I was going to lose it if she didn't stop.

Or if the song didn't change. I almost groaned when "The One That Got Away" by Katy Perry started playing. Whoever the DJ was needed to get their act together and play something sensible. Something... I shook my head when I realized Brielle wanted to dance. She grabbed one of my hands and put her other hand on my shoulder. I swayed side to side with her in a jumpy way, and she looked so happy with that wide smile on her face. I didn't feel so bad for the song change anymore, and I spun her around in a circle before grabbing her again and pulling her closer than she was before. She put her head against my shoulder and I put my cheek on the top of her head, letting her smell take over my senses. This was so nice...and Brielle was so nice... We just spun around in a small circle with everyone else until the song ended, and when the last few notes played I pulled away and spun her in a circle again.

"You're fun to dance with!" She said over the music, and then smiled. I rolled my eyes and pulled her close to me as the next song started.

"But you've been dancing your whole life, so I think you've got a little experience over me." I squeezed her and she laughed. I grabbed her hand and spun her halfway around so that her back was facing me. Maybe she would get the hint? I closed my eyes and mouthed "yes" when she started dancing again. I watched her hips move for a second before pulling her against me. I liked the feel of her butt against my...well, yeah.

We danced until she turned around and told me she needed a drink. I brought her to a small table and went to get us drinks. I guessed she wouldn't want to drink alcohol again, so I just got her a Sprite like she had had that first night at dinner. It was strange that I remembered, yes, but I did remember and that's what mattered. When I got back and told her that I got her a Sprite, she smiled widely and said "thanks." Score! I thought, and smiled back at her before sitting down next to her.

"Gee, am I pooped out," she sighed as she put her head on my shoulder. I looked down at her and laughed, wondering how she danced so much ballet if she got pooped out so suddenly. I put my arm around her shoulders and squeezed her close to me.

"We can go back once you drink this Sprite. I didn't buy it for nothing." She picked her head up and narrowed her eyes at me, then laughed a little. I felt her body shake against mine, and smiled at the closeness between us. "I like you too, you know." I said in her ear, and she shivered a little. It was cute, and I kissed the top of her head when I saw the sides of her mouth raise up. It was nice to finally tell her that I liked her like she had to me last night, and it was good to get the truth out of my mouth.

"Moves Like Jagger" by Maroon 5 came on over the speakers, and Brielle squealed loudly and ran to the dance floor. I sat there for a second at the table and watched her dance. Damn, she was so hot! She motioned for me to go and dance with her, and I got up and walked to stand in front of her. "I can't dance again--" I started to protest, but damn Brielle grabbed my hand and pulled me close to her again. She started moving again, and I had to dance that one more song with her. When the song finished, I didn't even worry about our table as she pulled me out the door to the street.

"That was fun!" She said, and swung our hands between us as we stood at a stop by the front of the club. I could faintly hear the bass of another song inside, but I was only paying attention to Brielle. She looked beautiful under the streetlight, and I saw that little glint of want in her eyes like in the elevator. She grabbed the collar of my shirt again and pushed me up against the front wall of the club. I opened my mouth to make some kind of smart comment, but she smashed her lips on mine.

Oh fuck, she's good, I thought, and turned her around so that her back was against the wall. We probably looked like a couple of lustful teenagers in front of that club, but I didn't give a shit. I wanted her mouth on mine like I never had anyone else's. She put her fingers in my hair like she had in the hall last night, and I balled some of the back of her dress in my fists. My body was right against hers, and she put her leg around my waist. Oh fuck, fuck, fuck, I really wanted to do something bad with her, and I almost did, but decided to pull away. I hadn't even known her for two straight days yet and I wanted to...I shivered at the thought of her underneath me and grabbed her hand.

"Brie, we're in the middle of the sidewalk." I told her, and she laughed. Her hair was sticking up a little in the back, but I liked it. It was messed up and...I shook my head and pulled her along. She just giggled while she walked next to me, and I couldn't help but wonder why she wasn't scared of me. I had moved way too fast on her, but maybe she liked that? Or maybe she was used to it? If she was used to it, I was about to get real pissed real fast. But oh well, she was mine now. Or she was about to be, at least.

When we got back to the hotel room, Nick and Berkely were passed out on the sofa again. The TV was still on, and Brielle turned it off and left us in the dark. She felt around for a light in the bedroom and grabbed a blanket to leave on Berkely and Nick. I thought it was nice that she cared about them that much, and I went to sit down on the bed while she walked around and did a few things. When she finally finished, she took her shoes and socks off and dropped them by the door to the room. She looked at me, and I held my arms out to her and pouted. When have I ever pouted?

"Don't you want to go back to your room and get some sleep?" Brielle asked me as she came and sat down in my lap. I put my arms around her and sighed. No way in hell was I going back to have Aaron walking around all night while I was trying to sleep. It was almost midnight, and I knew he would be awake by now, probably talking to Annie and eating everything in sight...

"Nah, I'd like to hang around here if that's okay with you." I told her, not wanting to go into detail about Aaron's noisiness problem.

"That's fine," she told me. She yawned and closed her eyes, snuggling close into my chest and sighing. I rocked back and forth a little before she opened her eyes again. "I gotta change though. You sure you want to sleep in that?" She gave me a once over and I realized I wouldn't be able to sleep in jeans; I never had been able to, and I wasn't about to strip down to my boxers to sleep with Brielle. That would not be cool if Berkely walked in and found me in that state of undress.

"Um...How about I go to my room and grab a pair of sweatpants?" Brielle nodded sleepily and got up to grab a pair of pajama pants out of her suitcase.

"Don't take too long," she said as I walked out of the door, and I made a "hmph" to agree. Oh, trust me, I wouldn't be too long; not only was Aaron a loud snorer, but I had a girl to get back to now. I wouldn't be long at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw I love writing in Zak's P.O.V. :D
Title Credit to "Moves Like Jagger" by Maroon 5.
Brielle & Zak And yes, I know my sets are crappy. It's just meant to give you an idea of what they're dressed in; and no, they're not always what I envision. But I go with it, and I go with what I have, I am not a fashion designer. Okay I'm rambling now bye.