Status: Posting

Make It out Alive

Are You Ready For Some Football?

The team was at my house, gathered around the big screen TV as we prepared for the first game of the season. Ravens versus Cowboys at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore. I cracked a beer and sat on Spencer's lap, kissing him softly before taking a swig of my beer.

Spencer and I had been dating for about three months, and been official boyfriend and girlfriend for about a month and a half. So far, so good. We stayed up talking most of the night until I forced him to go home and sleep. I felt close to him, comfortable with him. We were quite the odd couple it seemed, especially today. I was wearing an oversized jersey and jeans, he was wearing plain dark jeans and a green button up. Derek teased us about our clothing being reversed.

Baltimore had the ball, and was being passed, now it was going toward the end zone. I leaped up. "Go go go!" I yelled at the TV. "Come on! You're almost- YES!" Baltimore got a touch down.

Derek laughed at me. "Damn, girl, you really do like football." In fact, I was the only woman in the room paying attention to the game. JJ, Garcia and Hotch's wife, Haley, were all talking to each other. I blushed and resumed my place on top of Spencer.

The doorbell rang and I went to grab the pizzas and wings from the delivery boy, returning to the living room with the boxes.

I groaned as Dallas intercepted the ball. Spencer watched with mild interest. "Not a football fan, babe?"

"I don't really understand it," he confessed.

I spent halftime explaining it to him, and by the end he seemed to have a general understanding of football.

A few beers, a pizza slice and a few wings later, Baltimore won. I jumped up and cheered, doing a little dance. Spence laughed at me, but I silenced him by pressing my lips to his hard.

After everyone had left, I curled up with Spencer on the
couch. "Wanna watch a movie?" I asked.

"Sure."

We decided on The Titanic, well, I did and he didn't argue. By the end I was crying, and Spencer had just woken back up to hug me and kiss away a few tears. He fell back asleep, and I really didn't feel like going up to my bedroom or waking him up, so I just fell asleep with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sugar to my newest comment lovelies: XDistantDarkPlaceX and andiloveyou.
I just thought since I had such a lovely New Years, I'd post early. (: Welcome to 2012, my readers!
Also, I totally understand how cute they are now, my new boyfriend and I are still in that cute cuddly phase. I never got it before. /bad author.