Status: Posting

Make It out Alive

Paperthin Walls and Late Night Calls

I laid in bed, listening to whoever was in the condo next to me watch TV. From the sound of it, sounded like a horror movie, or perhaps a recording of my job. I sighed and closed my eyes.

"God, if You're real, please help me. I can't keep going like this," I whispered into the dark.

My cell phone rang and I jumped. I looked at the clock. It was midnight already. I rolled over and grabbed my cell, answering without checking the ID.

"Bryson."

"Hey, it's me," Spencer's voice informed me.

"Hi." I rolled back over onto my back, staring at the ceiling I couldn't see.

"Sorry I called so late," he apologized.

"It's fine. Do you need something?"

"Just wanted to hear your voice," he said, sounding subdued.

"Oh."

"Polly, are we okay?"

"I don't know. I really don't know," I answered. In the building next to me, I heard the screaming of the movie.

"I was afraid you'd say that."

"Reid, shouldn't you be working on the case?" I asked, trying to avoid confrontation.

"We just caught the guy. We fly back in the morning," he answered.

"He must have made hell of a mistake."

"His mother turned him in," he told me.

"Good for her."

"Polly, can we fix this? I miss you," he said, sounding meek.

"I'll see you in the morning," I said, disconnecting and putting the ringer on silent. I rolled onto my stomach and cried into my pillow until I fell into an uneasy state of less awake.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry these last bunch have been so short!
Lots of sugar to my new commenters and subscribers. Love you guys lots!
Let me know what you think? I really want to know!