Status: Posting

Make It out Alive

Into Her Web

I jolted up in bed, having a terrible thought. I looked at the clock. Six in the morning. Hotch would be up. I nearly ran down the hall and tapped on his door urgently. He opened it, his tie hanging from his neck, and missing a suit jacket.

"What is it, Bryson?" He asked tiredly.

"She's looking for the next guy tonight," I breathed. Each guy was found on a Saturday morning. That means she found him Friday night.

His eyes widened, and he swore under his breath. "Get dressed. We have to get to the station, ASAP. Wake the others."

I ran back down the hall, pausing only to knock quickly on Gideon, Reid, Derek and JJ's door. I quickly put on black slacks and a pale blue button up, brushed my hair, and applied minimal makeup. I was slipping into a pair of flats as a knock came at my door.

Spencer was outside, waiting awkwardly. I smiled to myself.

"Derek, Gideon and Hotch already left, so, when you're ready, JJ, you, and myself will leave for the station."

I nodded, grabbing my purse and my gun, letting the door snap shut and lock behind me. Spencer and I stood silently in the elevator, neither of us wanting to break the tense silence. I fingered my gun tensely, not knowing what to expect.

"Spence, you're good with maps, where do you think she's making her hunting grounds tonight?" I asked.

He looked nervous, taking a shaking breath before responding. "She moves in blocks, spacing herself out two blocks to the left each occasion, choosing the nicest bar out of that area. I think she'll be at the bar called Sweet Caroline's."

I breathed in softly. "Looks like we're going to Sweet Caroline's."
*****

"Hotch, I refuse to stay at the station like some puppy waiting for it's master to return!" I demanded, looking my supervisor in the eye.

"This is dangerous, Bryson, and she's not out looking for women," Aaron Hotchner argued.

"I've been shot, I've been stabbed, I've been kidnapped, I know what danger is. I'm going," I responded, refusing to stand down.

"Then you stay at the exit waiting for something to happen," Hotch instructed coolly.

I made a face of obvious distaste, but nodded.

Derek chuckled. "Looks like we've got a fighter," he said as he strapped on a bulletproof vest.

Inside the SWAT truck, I sat next to a shaking Spencer. I put a gentle hand on his forearm and smiled at him. He smiled gratefully in return.

"Promise to show me some magic on the plane ride home?" I asked him with a smile. On the team for about a week and I already knew how much Spence liked magic.

He grinned. "I'd love to." I grinned in return, and caught Derek's eye, who smiled at me meaningfully.

Hotch nodded to Gideon, who in turn stood up and strolled off the truck, entering the bar. A few moments, Derek got the nod and went off calmly.

"Reid, you and Bryson at the same time. Bryson, go straight to the back door, JJ is already at the front door," Hotch instructed.

Reid and I exchanged glances and he went off first, offering his hand to help me down. I smiled gratefully, touching my gun again before walking through the crowded, smoky bar.

Derek was talking to the bartender, who was shaking his head. I positioned myself casually by the exit, leaning carefully. In my ear, Morgan announced to the team that there were only two women here who weren't regulars according to the bartender. The one in the red dress and the construction worker in plain dirty jeans, work boots, a dirty t-shirt and neon vest.

"If either leaves, with or without someone else, tail her," Gideon instructed. "Bryson, can you see either?"

"Red dress is at the bar chatting with a guy who would fit the age group and roughly the physical describtion. The other is playing pool with other construction workers," I answered.

"Make sure they're always in sight," Gideon said.

"Woman approaching the one playing pool. I think red dress is our UnSub, because it appears that our other is in a relationship," I commented as a woman threw her arms around the construction worker and they kissed lovingly.

"Looks like she just got rejected. She's moving," Derek said. I nodded to myself.

Our UnSub was pretty. Thin with curves and long blonde hair. I couldn't see her face but I was sure it was made up perfectly. My gut tightend in fear as I saw her approach Spencer.

"Spence, incoming," I hissed. I saw him jump as she placed a hand on his shoulder. "Relax, she's a predator, Spence, she knows when you're nervous."

Instinct wanted me to prowl forward and help him, but I knew that it would kill this case. From where I was, I could see that Spence had broken into a light sweat and obviously rambling. The UnSub had a predatory smile on her face, I had to repress a shudder. "Tell a joke or something," I said, taking it upon myself to coach him through this.

Her laugh was too loud, and it carried to where I was. She leaned in and kissed his cheek. "Smile, Spence, smile," I encouraged. He cracked a nervous smile. "You're doing great."

She took his hand and lead him toward where I was. I pulled out my phone and pretended to text, not making eye contact with either of them.

I counted to five and slipped out the door behind them, silently blending with the shadows.

"Wanna go somewhere more private?" she asked in a pleasant alto.

"L-like where?" Spencer stuttered.

"How about my place?" She asked, winking at him.

Hotch, Gideon and Derek slipped next to me silently, and all four of us drew our guns. Derek moved first. "Put your hands where I can see them!"

I went to check on Spencer. "You okay?"

He nodded at me. Derek cuffed the UnSub, who grinned toothily at him. "You're under arrest for the murder of four Richmond men."
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry about that! It's fixed now. (:
But still, best part of last weeks episode: "How come you didn't get it?" "I'm Italian, it wouldn't dare."