Status: Posting

Make It out Alive

Love Hurts

"Hey sweetie," Garcia said, handing me a cup of coffee as she came to my desk.

"Hey," I said softly, accepting the mug.

"How ya holdin' up?" she asked. It was the first day back at work since New Years, and also the first time I would be seeing Spencer since New Years.

"I'm fine, Garcia, really," I lied.

JJ walked over as well, placing a hand on my shoulder. "How are you, Polly?"

"I'm fine," I told her, knowing I was lying through my teeth. JJ and Garcia exchanged glances that told me they knew exactly what I was thinking, that every word I said was false.

"Hey, ladies, how are ya'll?" Derek said, strutting over.

"Just fine, Derek," I said tiredly. If someone else asked me how I was, I would lose my temper.

Spencer had just walked in, and I felt my gut tighten and there was a slight ache in my chest. He sat down at his desk and read a letter with a sigh. "Uh, guys?"

"Yeah?" Derek asked.

"Where's Gideon?" He asked.

"He hasn't come in yet," Hotch answered, coming out of his office.

"I don't think he's coming in," Reid said.

"What do you mean?" Derek questioned.

"This is the letter he left at his cabin." Spencer handed it to Morgan. We crowded around him, reading it.

"Sorry to cut this short, but we have a case," JJ said apologetically.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!

And it's short, but I had to have Gideon leaving at some point.