Status: Posting

Make It out Alive

Wheels and Worlds Collide

"Spencer, I can move myself around," I complained at Spencer who was behind me, pushing me in my wheelchair. Since the accident, Spencer had been a bit more protective of me, but it might have also been because he had put his house up for sale and we moved in together full time.

"So?" He asked.

I grumbled audibly, taking the wheels and pushing myself away from his control of my wheelchair. "Hey!" Spencer called.

"Never gonna catch me," I called back. He ran after me, and I smiled, pumping my arms to continue my speed. I rolled into the bullpin.

"You are so not fair," he told me.

I poked my tongue out. Hotch walked out of his office, followed by a man who looked faintly familiar. As they approached, I recognized him.

"Dave!" I greeted. This man was a hero in my world, braver than Superman, and stronger.

"Wow, Polly, is that you?" he asked, squinting at me.

"Don't act like you've forgotten me," I teased.

He mussed my hair with his hand like he had done all those years ago. "You grew up fast," he mused.

I smoothed my hair down. "Of course I did."

The rest of the team had come over by now. "Guys, this is David Rossi. He's the one who caught Calvetin. He also tracked my mom and I down, convinced us to go to court, and helped us all throughout it," I explained. "Whatcha doin' here, though, Rossi?"

Hotch cleared his throat slightly. "He's joining our team as our senior agent."

I smirked. "I knew you were old, Dave, but senior?" I joked.

"Don't make me show them the picture of you in high school with your blue and pink mohawk, Polly," he retorted.

"Low blow, Rossi," I said with a grin. I wheeled myself to my desk that was covered in flowers.

There was a dozen roses from Spencer, the note simply being "I love you." There was also a bunch of lilies from the team, and an assorted bunch. I picked up the note.

"To my cherished daughter, Polly, I hope you recover and continue to be the impressive young lady you are. I love you, your father, Jared," I read.

I wheeled over to Hotch. "Hotch, how did my father know I was both in the hospital and working here?"

He blinked. "What?"

"He sent me flowers. They're on my desk, and they had a note," I answered.

Rossi came over. "From Calvetin?"

I nodded, showing him the note.

"Definitely him," Dave said, nodding.

"How much longer does he have?" I asked, slumping as much as my brace would allow. I was forced to wear a back brace so I couldn't compress my healing lung even the tiniest.

"Four days," Rossi answered.

"I want to see him," I said softly.

"You are far from being cleared to travel," Hotch said.

Rossi placed a hand on my shoulder. "Reid, take Bryson home and help her pack. You need to pack as well. You two are going to Texas to meet with Jared Calvetin."

Spencer blinked. "Yes, sir," he answered, coming up to join us.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry I'm slacking on updates!
Since it's summertime, I'm going to try and be better, I really am.
Leave me some comments, tell me what you think is going to happen next!