Status: Posting

Make It out Alive

Profile Presentation

"Bryson, I want you to give the profile," Hotch told me.

"A-Are you sure?" I stuttered. "I've never given one to more than one person. Only to the chief."

"You'll be fine, Polly," he assured me.

I nodded. "You're the boss," I joked nervously.

I went to stand in front of the officers. In the back, Spencer smiled encouragingly at me. I returned his smile confidently. "We're looking for a white male between the ages of twenty-five to forty-five. He'll be extremely physically fit, and will be very vain. He has knowledge of law enforcement in the area, possibly a police officer, lawyer or judge. He's wealthy, and has extensive knowledge on rare amphibians. He probably has lots of pet reptiles and amphibians. He's confident, and has lots of appeal to women. The women he abducts are smart, they wouldn't go with anyone who didn't seem trustworthy. He must have control. If he is not entirely in control of a situation, he loses it."

"Will he come quietly?" An officer asked.

"More than likely. He's mature and intelligent. He is never impulsive. These murders are carefully planned. And the organization of the bodies is his version of a taunt, saying "Look what I can do." He's arrogant and has never been able to commit to anything. He's also local. Probably never left Florida in his life. We're putting this profile on every media outlet as possible. Someone has to have noticed someone like him. The other's will stop if we stop him. They're his puppets. They owe him something. They're average intelligent, average body build, but they're desperate. He came to collect and they had nothing to give. If you have anymore questions, ask any of us, we'll be happy to help. Thank you," I dismissed. Hotch and I made eyecontact, and he nodded approvingly.

I let out a breath I did not know I was holding and smiled shyly at the rest of the team. I had previously only ever given the profile to the police chief or leading detective, and I had not realized the terrror that fell over me until it disappeared. Dave gave me a reassuring smile and Derek flashed the thumbs up. I relaxed slightly, feeling better, but there was a nagging sensation tugging at my inner thoughts, something deep and sad pressing on me, but I shook it aside for now. The case took precedence, and there were women out there who's lives were in danger.

That sudden realization weighed heavily on me. I felt very selfish all of a sudden for being nervous about presenting the profile while these women were being hunted like animals or worse.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jeez, I'm sorry there's been so much filler, but next chapter is huge, I promise.
What do you think is nagging at her?
How do you think she did presenting the profile?
Comment, recommend, subscribe! <3