Status: Posting

Make It out Alive

Warmth and Work

"Polly," someone whispered in my ear, shaking my shoulder gently.

"Mmm?" I answered tiredly, not opening my eyes.

"We have to go to work, darling," he told me, kissing my head.

"I dun wanna," I complained, snuggling further into Spencer.

"I don't want to either, but we have to," he reminded me gently.

"But you're so warm," I protested, peaking an eye open, closing it once more, and snuggling closer to him.

He chuckled. "You know that I'd rather not move for the rest of the day, but then we'd have to deal with Derek," he suggested.

I grumbled, but started to untangle myself from him. His long, sinewy limbs were twisted with my shorter, more rounded ones. "Derek doesn't hear a word," I told him.

"Alright," he answered. "I'll make coffee, you take the shower first. And don't look at your hair beforehand," he said with a chuckle.

I touched it and grimanced. "It's a rat's nest isn't it?"

He kissed my nose. "I can take some of the blame for that."

"You better," I joked. I looked him over. "You have a wicked hickey in a pretty obvious place."

He laughed. "That one is all you, then."

I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he bent slightly to rest his forehead on mine. "I'm glad last night ended like that," I told him honestly.

"I am too," he replied, kissing me.

"We'll have to do it again sometime," I said, giggling.

He smirked. "I can't wait."

*****

JJ, who was really starting to show her pregnancy, and Garcia dragged me into Garcia's lair soon after Spencer and I got to work. "Don't think a single one of us missed that huge hickey on Reid's neck and you wearing a scarf," Garcia told me.

I blinked innocently, smiling.

"You guys slept together!" JJ accused.

"I don't see how this relates to the case," I answered smugly.

"Oh my God, they did!" Garcia squealed.

I broke into a grin and was about to tell them about the romantic evening, but Hotch popped his head in. "Sorry to break this up, but we have a case."

We followed Hotch into the conference room, where Derek winked at me knowingly. In reply, I smiled a hopefully oblivious smile. Spence caught my eye and we smiled at eachother.

"There's a killer in Baltimore killing pregnant women as they leave John Hopkin's. Each have been stabbed through the imbilical cord, then had their throats slashed," JJ explained, flipping through a few pictures.

"Wheels up in thirty," Hotch said, standing and leaving the room.

Derek wolf-whistled and I flipped him the bird playfully.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guys, we are at the point where we are picking up speed to start hurtling towards the end.
And that makes me really sad. I've been attached to this story since I started writing it.
Alas, there will be no sequel though. This bird, when it is done, will have flown the coup.
So, how do you feel about no Polly-Spencer secrets in the BAU?