Status: Posting

Make It out Alive

Collide

I went into the hotel room after a long day at the crime scenes and collapsed on the bed. I began to cry.

"What's wrong, Polly?" Spencer asked, placing a hand on my lower back.

"This case is just so wrong," I confessed.

"I know," he sighed.

"Those women have the greatest blessing, they're about to give birth, and their child and their life is snatched away," I sobbed.

In response, he merely rubbed my back.

I sat up slowly and looked Spencer in the eye. "I can't have children."

He placed a loving hand on my cheek and met my gaze evenly.

"Years of systematic abuse made it basically impossible for me to conceive. It's a one in five hundred thousand chance for me to get pregnant, even with the perfect circumstances," I said, tears running down my cheek, onto his hand, which he brushed away.

"Marriage first, then kids," he told me gently.

"This is the third time you've mentioned marriage, Spence," I pointed out.

"Probably because I want to spend the rest of my life with you," he said, shyly.

"Spence," I whispered.

"Even the best fall down sometimes. Even the stars refuse to shine. Out of the back you fall in time. I somehow find you and I collide," he sung softly.

"You have such a beautiful voice," I told him, kissing him gently.

"Even the best fall down sometimes. Even the wrong words seem to rhyme. Out of the doubt that fills your mind. You finally find you and I collide," he sung, pulling me close.

"I love you, Spence."

"You're my everything," he whispered.

We sat together for awhile, just holding onto each other, enjoying the other's company.

"Wanna go get a snowball?" I asked.

"A snowball?"

"Yeah, it's like a snowcone, I guess."

"Sure," he agreed, pulling me up from the bed.

Derek and JJ were at the soda machines when we came out. "You guys wanna go with us to get a snowball?" I offered.

"Sure," they said in unison.

Spencer and I held hands while we walked from the hotel to a place I went to as a kid, Marla's. I got up to the window in the pink hut and ordered a small chocolate with marshmallow.

Reid went next, ordering a green apple one. Morgan and JJ both got cherry, I mocked them playfully for not living any.

We sat at a picnic table and joked around, eating the treats. I encouraged them all to try mine with marshmallow, and after some pressure, Spence did.

"That's actually really good," he commented. I kissed him, laughing.

"Duh," I teased.

"So, how about that local grub?" Derek asked.

"Tomorrow, none of them are open right now, I assure you," I promised.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is so filler, but there are a few important things in here.
I'm sorry it's also so cliche but I couldn't help it. That song makes my feels do funny things.