Status: Posting

Make It out Alive

Introductions, Arguments, and Promises

"You mind if some of my old Baltimore friends join us for lunch?" I asked the team.

There was a general sound of consent, so on our way to the local bar, home to delicious burgers and seafood, I called three friends, all agreed to meet.

Outside the bar, there was an unmarked with two guys and a woman in business clothes and guns strapped onto their hips. When we got out, the woman let out a whistle. "Polly," she called happily, waving, the sun bouncing off the waterfall of long blonde hair.

I waved eagerly, dragging Spencer by the hand to see my old friends. "Guys, this is Special Agents Jim Marino," I pointed to Jim, tall and muscular with a bald head and well groomed mustache. "Jason Tylers," pointing to the other man with a slight build and messy brown hair. "And Scarlet Boddy." I noticed the pretty blonde was paying special attention to Derek. "Scarlet, Jim, Jas, these are Special Agents Derek Morgan, Jennifer Jareau, David Rossi, Aaron Hotchner and Dr. Spencer Reid." Each member of my team smiled in turn.

I hugged Scarlet, and she pecked my cheek happily. "I've missed you, Polly. Baltimore just isn't the same when you're in Quantico."

I laughed. "I'm hardly ever in Quantico, 'Let."

Jason wrapped his arms around me lovingly. "We've all missed you, kiddo. We've been worried, you're chasing bigger monsters than you used to."

"My team takes care of me, guys, I promise," I said, as we sat down at a large table.

"You take more care of us," Derek interjected.

"Just because you're a slob, Morgan," I teased.

The waitress took our drink order and there was a friendly banter between the two teams. I excused myself to the bathroom and Scarlet joined me. "So, I thought you didn't date, hon," she teased.

"I haven't the faintest idea of what you're talking about, Boddy," I responded with a smirk.

"Yeah, right. You and the kid are fooling around, aren't you?"

"How did you get that?" I asked, coming out of the stall.

She raised her eyebrows. "Isn't he a little young for you?"

"No!" I protested. "There's only a four year difference."

She grinned triumphantly. "So, are you guys living together?"

"Yeah. He keeps talking about marriage," I told her.

"Pretty serious, huh?" she asked.

"Yeah," I confessed, blushing.

We went out to join the rest of the two teams. I kissed Spencer swiftly while sitting down. "I got you a crabcake," he told me.

"Thanks," I said with a grin.

*****

"So, you and Jason were pretty friendly," Spencer commented when we got into the hotel room.

"Yeah, I haven't seen him since I left Baltimore," I said obliviously, taking off my gun.

"Were you two close?" he asked.

"What are you getting at, Spence?" I asked, turning to look at him.

"Why didn't you tell me about him?"

"I didn't think it was important," I replied, furrowing my brows.

"I like to know who you're spending time with," he told me.

"Does it really matter?" I questioned, feeling a bit annoyed.

"You know everyone I spend time with, is it too much to ask to know who you're spending time with?"

"You're not in charge of me, Spencer," I snapped, crossing my arms across my chest.

"No, but I am your boyfriend," he replied coolly.

"Boyfriend, not commanding officer," I pointed out.

"Did you sleep with him?" Spencer demanded.

"You are impossible!" I yelled. "You know I haven't! So you are either calling my friend a rapist or me a liar!"

He sobered immediately. "I didn't mean that. I'm sorry, I was just jealous, I'm sorry."

I grabbed my gun and wallet and walked out of the hotel room. I took the stairs down to the lobby and went into the city. I walked aimlessly around the Harbor and sat at the water's edge, just watching the ships.

A few tears fell as I thought back on the fight. Spencer hadn't meant to be rude, hadn't meant to be demanding, it was just human nature to get jealous sometimes. We just overreacted, both of us, and it was silly. I mean, Jason and I had always been friends. For crying out loud, Jason wasn't even attracted to women! I just had to face it; Spencer and I were too analytic for a normal relationship. Thinking about his goofy quirks and how happy he made me, I realized I didn't really want a normal relationship, I wanted ours.

I pulled out my cell phone and dialed his number. "Hey, wanna meet at the Harbor?" I asked when he picked up.

He hung up. "I'm already here." I wheeled around and threw my arms around him.

"I'm sorry," I breathed.

"You don't have to be. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that," he whispered in my ear.

"It's okay, it's just human nature. Just so you know, Jason doesn't even feel that way about women," I told him before kissing him.

"I was going to wait until after the case, but, I just don't think I can wait anymore," he stated.

"Wait for what?" I asked.

He got down on a knee and my breath hitched. Spencer pulled out a ring from his pocket and pushed his hair out of his face. "Polly, will you marry me?"

I clapped my hand over my mouth. I didn't trust my voice, so I just nodded. He slipped the ring on my finger and stood, kissing me. "I love you," he said against my lips.

"I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, there you go.