Status: Posting

Make It out Alive

Finally Good At Something And Plane Talks

"She's just a kid," I said, looking into the interrogation room. "I guess you want me to be the one in there?"

Hotch nodded. "Take Reid in there. You two are the least intense, and she's terrified."

I motioned to Spencer, and together we went inside. "Annie, I'm Special Agent Polly Bryson, this is Doctor Spencer Reid, we're with the Behaviorial Analysis Unit at the FBI," I introduced, sitting down.

"You want to know why I did it, don't you?" the teenager asked, not looking at us.

"If you're willing to tell us," I invited.

"What were you good at in high school, Agent Bryson, Doctor Reid?" she asked, glancing up finally.

"I was good at science," Spencer told her.

"I guess I was good at giving advice. Why do you ask, Annie?" I questioned.

"I'm not good at anything. I'm mediocre at my studies, I'm not a talented musician, I'm no athlete, nor am I a particularly good friend," she started, looking at us. "I'm good at this, though. I'm good at killing people. I've never been good at anything else before, and when you're good at something, you never stop. I wouldn't have stopped if you hadn't caught me. I just wanted to be good at something."

Spencer and I exchanged glances. "I'm sure there are other things you're good at. You've got a long life ahead of you, you'll find your niche," I assured her.

She snorted. "In prison."

"You can turn this around, Annie," I tried to tell her.

"I don't believe that, and neither do you."

******

Garcia had been on this case with us, and we were all joking around on the plane, and Spence and I kept exchanging knowing glances. "Er," he started, and all eyes turned to him.

"Well, Polly and I have been dating for awhile and-"

Garcia interrupted. "Oh my God. Did you really?"

As an answer, I held up my left hand and wiggled my ring finger. "Also, another surprise, especially for us. I'm pregnant."
Rossi smiled. "Congratulations, Reid, Polly. I'm glad you asked permission," he teased.

Derek held out his hand and shook Spence's hand. "Good job, kid. Congrats, Polly." I smiled happily.

"As long as you remain professional, congratulations," Hotch said, smiling for the first time in months.

JJ and Garcia grinned identically. "Wedding plans!"

"And baby shower," I reminded them with a laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
For awhile, these chapters are going to be super short, because, well, that's how I want the story to feel for awhile. Blurred, fast, ect.
To address the concern that the baby will die: Nope. Our little bun in the oven will, pardon my humor, make it out alive, that I can assure you. Anything else, though, is up in the air. Well, for you at least.