Status: Posting

Make It out Alive

Shopping and Shooting

I held Spencer's hand as I dragged him through the store to the cribs, while he pushed a cart. "Since we're painting the room purple, how about a white crib?"

I placed a hand on my stomach. "Good idea. What about this one?" I pointed out a classic looking crib with small flowers carved into it.

"Cute, but how about the one next to it?" he asked, pointing to a similar crib that had more intricate flowers and the edges were a bit softer.

"Excellent," I agreed. He wrestled with the box and put it in the cart. Next, we went to look around for blankets. "Have you told your mom yet?"

"Actually, I got tickets for us to go see her in a few weeks," he told me.

I blinked. "What if she doesn't like me?"

He laughed. "She'll love you, I promise," he assured me.

"You're her only child, what if she feels like I'm taking you away from her?" I fretted.

"She's not like that," he told me, rolling his eyes.

Suddenly, we heard a gunshot ring out followed by screams. Spence and I had our guns, but he turned to me and said "You stay right here, do not leave until I come for you. I'll be right back."

I kissed him quickly. "Be careful."

Waiting for him was torture. I couldn't help but feel like I should have been with him. I was a federal agent for crying out loud. I paced a bit, thinking it over, but I knew Abigail was more important than my pride.

In the distance, I heard sirens, and my first instinct was to run and check on Spencer, but I knew I should wait where I was. Abby was too important for me to screw around. Each minute dragged on, and I paced part of the aisle, my strides getting shorter and shorter.

Hotch appeared at the end of the aisle, and motioned for me to join him. "Is Spencer okay?" I asked immediately.

"He's fine, finishing up with the uniforms, asked me to come check on you," he told me.

"I'm fine, fine," I said, brushing it off. "Did he do well?"

"He did excellent, you'll be so proud," Hotch told me with a smile.

I grinned. "Can I go to him now, the UnSub is all taken care of?"

With a nod of approval from Hotch, I went to the front of the store. "Spence!" I called out when I saw him.

He motioned to the beat cop to wait a moment and rushed over to me. He placed one of his long hands on my stomach while he pulled me in for a hug. "I'm glad you're okay," he told me, giving me a gentle kiss.

"You're glad? I'm so happy you're not hurt, I was so scared," I breathed, putting my hands around his neck. "Thank God we were both armed."

He laughed. "If we hadn't been, you'd be hiding in a crib and I'd be ringing Hotch and Morgan's phone over and over again."

"You really think I'd hide?" I asked with a chortle.

"You will for Abby," he assured me, kissing my forehead.

"I can't argue there," I nodded. I placed my hand overtop of his on my slightly bulging stomach. Five months pregnant with Abby, and a few months away from our wedding and the arrival of our child, I knew that Spencer was the person I wanted to be with forever. I smiled. "I love you."

He rested his forehead against mine. "I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh jeez I am so sorry. I have been slacking so much.
On the other hand, though, I have been completing these college applications like no one's business. Yeah, suck it, colleges.
It'd be super sweet if my freakin' guidance department ACTUALLY guided me. Jeez.
Anyway, what do you guys think? Spencer is all protective of his baby mama, haha.