Status: Posting

Make It out Alive

Cornered

I went in the ladies room to wash my hands after a cup of coffee spilled on me, and as I rubbed the soap into my skin, JJ and Garcia strolled in.

"So, suga, JJ told me about the flight back," Garcia started.

"Oh?" I said, raising a brow.

"I wasn't as asleep as you and Reid thought," JJ confessed.

"And...?" I asked, looking at them in the mirror.

"Here's the thing, baby girl, Reid is never that comfortable around people. Especially not toward women. He's the baby here, and we're pretty protective of him, you know?"
JJ looked me in the eye and asked "What are your intentions with him?"

I blinked. "Intentions?"

"Are you leading him on?" Garcia clarified.

"I- No, of course not! Why would you think that? That's absurd!"

"Easy now," Garcia chided. "Reid hasn't had the greatest life for a genius, and we're just trying to look out for him. Do you like him, as a guy, not a coworker?"

"I've known him the the entirity of a week and a half, I don't really know him well enough to make that call," I answered.
The two blondes nodded in unison. "If I do, you two will be the first to know."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a terribly short chapter, and I do apologize for that, but as the story picks up, chapters will be less story-telling, more scenes of her life. Sorry, but every mundane detail is not what I like to write, and I certainly don't think it's what you'd like to read.

Another shoutout to the lovely JustThinking.

I truly want feedback, of any kind. Spew words of love at me, trash talk me, throw ideas my way. In all truth, ideas won't mean much, though, because I've already finished writing this, but there are always times when I might add a chapter, edit something, you never know!