Status: Posting

Make It out Alive

Meeting Mom

"Spence, why did you wait until we were engaged and I was pregnant for me to meet your mom?" I asked nervously.

He chuckled, a nurse approaching us smiled. "Hello Dr. Reid," she greeted.

"Hullo, Maria, how's my mom?" He asked, as I clung to his hand.

"She's doing very well. She's excited to see you," she said graciously. We followed her into a large, open room. By a window sat a woman with her back to us. The nurse left Spencer and I, and he led me to her.

"Hi, Mom," he said softly as we approached. She turned in her seat, and I blinked, Spencer looked just like her.

"Spencer-" She interrupted herself when she spotted me. "And you must be Polly."

"Yes ma'am," I said shyly.

"You don't have to "ma'am" me, sweetheart. You're part of the family now," she said with a smile.

I smiled in return. "How're you feeling, Mom?" Spence asked.

"I'm fine, dear, I'm fine. Let me talk to your wonderful fiancee some," she said carelessly. "I must say, you really are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen."

I blushed furiously. "T-thank you."

"Spencer always put in his letters how clever you are, also how beautiful, but never how modest," she chuckled.

"I'm sure he exaggerated a lot," I told her, throwing a playful glare at Spencer.

"So, getting married and you have a baby on the way?" She asked.

I nodded, biting my lip nervously. "We're having a girl, Abigail Diana."

She grinned. "I always hoped Spence would make me a grandmother."

"Congratulations," I said with a smile.

"No, no, congratulations to you, dear! So, tell me all about how the wedding is going to be!" She said, leaning forward in her seat.

"Mom, you should calm down some," Spence cautioned. She rolled her eyes and nodded.

"Actually, I was hoping you would take the place of my late mother at the wedding," I told her softly.

She smiled broadly. "It would be an honor, dear."

"Excellent!" I responded with a grin.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I don't think I really got Diana's personality right, but, eh.
Wow, I started posting this almost a year ago.
I wrote this over a year ago. That is crazy and ridiculous and thank you guys so much for sticking with me. You are all wonderful.
What do you think of the impending wedding?
Also, we only have nine more chapters on this bad boy.
How do you all think I'm going to end it?