Status: Posting

Make It out Alive

Neon Lights, Sex and Serial Killers

"We have a case," JJ informed Spencer, Derek and I. Derek and I paused in the middle of a sports arguement to nod and continued the debate on the way to the conference room.

"There is NO WAY that Notre Dame will beat Michigan this year," I told Derek stubbornly.

He shook his head. "Michigan is going to go down to either Michigan state or Ohio state. After that, Notre Dame will slaughter them."

I crossed my arms firmly. "Wolverines don't get slaughtered."

"Actually, wolverines are often killed for their pelts, so they do get slaughtered," Spencer chimed in.

Derek and I glanced at each other and laughed. Spencer cracked a smile. "First game of the season, no matter who's playing, my place, the whole team, and anyone else who wants to come," I demanded.

"Deal," Spence and Derek said in unison.

We sat down in our usual seats and continued to discuss college football and the upcoming season.

"I like two college teams and two pro teams. Wolverines and whoever beats Notre Dame. Ravens and whoever beats the Steelers."

Derek laughed, but the second JJ cleared her throat, we sobered.

JJ clicked on the screen. "We're going to Vegas. Police have been finding bodies with bite marks all over them, and they just found one with a human tooth in the muscle of one."

"A cannibal?" Spencer asked.

"Too many bodies to be just one person," JJ said, shaking her head. "Also, the bite marks show two separate sets of teeth."

"The chance of more than one cannibal in one hunting ground is so slim," I protested. "And the only cases of multiple cannibals are in cults or tribes! There are no active cults in Las Vegas or we would have known about it!"

JJ shook her head. "It doesn't make sense, but what part of our job does?"

Hotch looked at each of us in turn then said "Wheels up in thirty."

I grabbed my stuff, glanced at the picture of Shortcake on my desk, smiled, and got a ride with Derek.

"So, baby girl, when are you and Reid going to announce it to the team?" He asked.

"Announce what?"

"Your undying love for eachother," he said, chuckling.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Seriously, though. I've never seen Reid so comfortable around someone. He's not exactly the life of the party."

"I have no idea what you all mean. Spence and I are only friends."

Derek chuckled. "Neither of you see how you look at each other."

"How often do we even go to Vegas?"

"Vegas is known for neon lights, sex, and serial killers," Derek gave as the only answer, getting out of the car.

"Awesome."
♠ ♠ ♠
Lots of love to JustThinking and Pandora666.