Status: Finished

Living Dead Girl.

Take It Or Leave It.

Daryl immediately shot at the Walker that was coming our way. I felt nauseated at the sight and smell. I hated the fact that we lived in this world.

I guess it was much better than the world I had when I was a teenager. I started walking with Daryl and we started our conversation once more...That's when he asked me what kind of home life I had as a kid...

Kat at 4...

"You stupid bitch! How could you say that about our children! You don't fucking love them! You never did!" My dad yelled at my mom.
"You're an asshole! I'm taking the girls with me!"

That night, my parents separated and my mom got custody of me and my sister...

Kat at 10...

"She's no good. All she does is whine and complain. You should have just left her there. It's not like we need her." I overheard my step dad say to my mom.
"You're right...I just keep her for the money. And I love beating that child. You should start too!" My mom said, taking a swig from her bottle of Jack.

I couldn't believe what my mom was saying.

Kat at 16...

"I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOUR FUCKING FACE IN THIS HOUSE EVER AGAIN! GET OUT OF HERE, STUPID SLUT!" My step dad yelled, slapping me right in the face. My mom was chuckling in the background, still drunk as fuck.


"So...not a good life, as I can see." Daryl said, looking up into the sun.
I shook my head, a stray tear slipping down my cheek. Daryl smirked at me and shrugged.
"Sorry I asked."
"S'okay. I had to tell someone." I said, wrapping my arm around his shoulder.

"You know, you're the only person I trust so far." I told him, smiling at him.
"Same to you, Kat. Everyone here ain't smart like you. 'Specially not that Vicky girl. I say she's first to be Walker food."

We both chuckled, heading deeper and deeper into the forest.