Status: Finished

Change

006

I could hear from the moment she started speaking that it was a female. Blake looked at me before saying anything back to her, as if asking for my approval. I walked away, not even caring what he or she had to say. I went into the kitchen, trying to escape from it all. I could feel my heart beating faster and faster the more I thought about it. Breathe, Anjilika.
I grabbed a glass from the cupboard and filled it with water. I took a drink, not even because I was thirsty but to keep myself occupied. I looked up, noticing Blake had hung up the phone.

"It's not what you think." Was all he could spit out.

"Is that why we didn't have sex last night, because you have a girlfriend?" I set my glass of water on the counter.

"I didn't ever even have sex with my ex-girlfriend." He said the word ex slowly.

"Don't even try to pretend like you two aren't dating anymore. Let me guess, you guys 'just' broke up, right?" I hissed.

"We've actually been broken up for a few months now. She calls me everyday, and still calls me baby. I'm not interested in her, honest. I just don't want to hurt her feelings more than I have. I don't have the heart to tell her not to call me. But I did just tell her to stop calling me baby, and that it made me uncomfortable." I sighed at his speech.

"You don't believe me?" He added.

"No, I do. It just really threw me off." I picked the water up again and took a sip.

"Why?" He raised his eyebrow and smiled a little.

"Because I kind of thought that you liked me..." I couldn't believe I just said it!

"I definitely do. I just took it really fast with my last girlfriend. She wanted to start having sex really soon and I didn't. I didn't want to tell her- I mean I was embarrassed. A guy that doesn't want to have sex? So I just pulled away from her. She got really clingy, and I finally had to break it off. She just can't let it go, so she calls me all the time. I don't want to end up doing that with you." I walked over towards him and sat down in a chair next to him. He sat down in the one across from me.

"Well I'm glad you're being honest with me." Was all I could say.

"I mean I also hope you don't expect to have sex anytime soon. Religion is important to me, so is college and so is a relationship. I don't want to ruin any of those things." I nodded understandingly at his statement. Will Blake and I date or get married and live happily ever after? Who knows. What I do know is that I'm trying to live in the moment, not in the past or future. Who cares about his ex or what's going to happen in the future, because I can't control either one. I'm just going to enjoy what I have right now, and that's Blake.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy, y'all!

Sequel maybe? Comments might help!