All Just Pretend

Alone, Together

“Fuck!”

“God dammit!”

“Why the fuck can’t I find a fucking thing in this disaster area of a room?”

Tommy chuckled from his spot on the couch in the living room where he was playing a video game. It was still morning, a time Blake wasn’t accustomed to unless she was going to work or had pulled an all-nighter or something equally ridiculous, but she and Ashley were leaving that afternoon to meet the guys at the house the label had rented out for them while they wrote. Ashley had packed the night before, and while it had made her stay up later than usual she had gotten it done. Blake, on the other hand, had decided that she would pack in the morning, and even after pushing and prodding from both Tom and Ashley, she had let it go.

She was paying for it now, though, and Tommy couldn’t stop laughing.

“I swear to God Tom, if you’re laughing at me right now I’m going to come out there and kick you so hard in the balls that you can taste it!” she screamed, her voice bouncing off every wall in the apartment.

Tom just rolled his eyes. She would do no such thing. He figured he’d throw her a bone and see if he could help though, so he paused his game and set his controller down before walking back to Blake’s room.

What he saw when he walked inside startled him almost. “Jesus fuckin’ Christ, Blake! Did yeh set a bomb off in ‘ere or wha’?”

The blonde popped her head up from the opposite side of her bed, like a rabbit coming out of its hole. “I can’t find any of the fucking clothes I want to bring! They’re in fucking Sweden, Tommy! It’s like, cold as shit there!”

Tom shook his head and leaned against the doorframe. “They aren’t in Sweden, yeh knob ‘ead. They’re in Scotland writing and then recording in Sweden later.”

Blake popped up again, but this time stood with her hands on her hips. She was only wearing a pair of underwear and a baggy shirt, but it left little to the imagination. Tom was used to this usually, but he couldn’t help but stare a little longer than usual. “You’re telling me I’ve been packing for cold-as-shit Sweden this whole time, and that’s not even where I’m going?

Tommy laughed heartily at the blonde’s expense, which she just scowled at, picking up one of her pillows and launching it at him. “This isn’t fucking funny, Tom! We leave in...” she trailed off, searching for her phone. She gave up and turned to her alarm clock which blinked 10:47 in a harsh red color. “Fuck! We have to be at the airport at noon!”

Tom ignored her frantic acts and put a serious look on his face. “Blake, this is a bad idea.”

She stopped throwing her clothes in her suitcase on her bed for only a moment to look at her friend. She glared. “You’re being really ridiculous about this whole thing, Tom. This is no different than having to live with him. You know that right?”

“Aye, well, yeh’re bein’ unrealistic if yeh don’ fhink tha’ shit’s gonna hit the fan when yeh arrive,” Tom shrugged, and deep down they both knew he was right.

Blake crossed her arms tightly in front of her chest and glared at him. “Well you know what? I’m going with Ashley, and you’re going to drop us off at the airport, and if you don’t like it you can fuck off in that general direction!” she informed him as she pointed her finger sharply towards her bedroom door.

Tom made a noise of frustration and walked out of her room, but didn’t protest. Blake smirked. She knew he’d be driving them to the airport later on, and there wasn’t a doubt in her mind about that.

***

Blake turned her head to the side, but no matter how far she cocked her head, she couldn’t take in the site before her. “I fhink ‘e’s gonna swallow ‘er whole.”

Blake scoffed, but didn’t protest. “It’s like they don’t even care that we’re standing right here, and in the middle of an airport no less. Oh my God he really is eating her face!” The blonde cringed and turned towards Oliver, crossing her arms in front of her chest and shaking her head. “They’re gross. I mean, I get missing your boyfriend, but it’s been a week. They’ve gone two months before!”

Oliver smirked and shrugged his shoulders. “They’re jus’ affectionate, love. Nofhin’ wrong wiff tha’.”

“Affectionate, sex-crazed. It’s all the same.”

He laughed. “So ‘ow was yehr fligh’?”

Blake shrugged and grabbed her bag, nodding her head in the direction of the exit. “They’ll catch up,” she claimed. “The flight was fine though. We almost missed it, thanks to your ridiculous brother, but it was fine.”

“Wha’ did Tommy do this time?” he questioned as they stepped outside into the cold. Blake just shrugged again and asked him where the car was. He set his hand on the small of her back and guided her in the direction of the lot. “Nicholls betta get ‘is arse out ‘ere ‘for we leave wiffout ‘im,” Oli grumbled when they finally reached the car.

Blake rolled her eyes before hopping into the passenger seat, knowing full well that Matt and Ashley would be close to getting it on in the backseat if and when they finally graced the two with their presence.

Oliver and Blake were quiet at first. Blake fiddled with the radio absentmindedly while Oliver checked his phone for emails and texts. They didn’t speak. There was just... silence.

“‘m glad yeh came out, Blake,” Oliver finally spoke up, immediately grabbing Blake’s attention.

She quirked her eyebrow when she looked at him. “Why?” she asked bluntly.

A smirk graced Oliver’s lips and he shook his head. “We’re mates Blake. Yeh fuckin’ live in the same flat wiff meh, ‘s weird when yeh aren’t around.”

“Aw, you missed me!” The blonde coo-ed, leaning over the center console to pat her tattoo’d friend’s scruffy cheek. “That’s cute.”

Oliver scoffed and batted her hand away. “Don’ be a twat,” he grumbled. “I said ‘s weird when yeh aren’t around, I didn’t say I didn’t like it.”

Blake just smirked, because she knew that was a lie.

The doors to the vehicle opened then and Matt and Ashley were climbing into the backseats. “Yeh twat!” Nicholls exclaimed, smacking Oliver on the back of the head. “Yeh left us!”

“Next time don’t try and have sex in the middle of an airport,” Blake smirked, winking at her friends. Oliver laughed, but nobody denied what the feisty blonde was saying.

***

“Holy fucking shit!” were the only words out of Blake’s mouth when Oliver pulled into the driveway. Rightfully so, because the house the boys were staying in was pretty damn amazing.

Blake hopped out of the car as soon as it was in park, not waiting for anyone else, and stared in awe at the house before her. “This place is fucking amazing!” she exclaimed. “Like, what in the fuck did you shit heads do to deserve this?” she questioned them when she turned back around, her hands on her hips in mock-anger.

Oliver just grinned at her and looped his arm over her shoulder. “Yeh ‘aven’t seen nofhin’ yet, love.”

Leaving their luggage, the two girls followed the boys into the house, Matt holding Ashley’s hand and Oliver with his arm still around Blake. After a short-and-sweet discussion on whether Ashley wanted to see the house or not, to which she immediately said no, the couple made their way to the bedroom Matt was inconveniently sharing with Oliver. “Well, they won’t be back for awhile,” Blake joked as they hurried off.

Oliver just rolled his eyes and pulled her further into the house. He pointed out the high-tech kitchen and the luxurious living room, where many of the guys were already seated. Blake did quick hello’s before getting pulled through the rest of the house, promising to sit down with the guys later. Oli showed several of the bedrooms and then they headed upstairs.

He pointed out, ever so briefly, where his own bedroom was, and showed off where the other guys were staying. Then he dragged her down to the end of the hall. “‘s my favorite part.” He spread his arms out in a grand gesture when they reached the open loft that looked out onto the living room and kitchen. There were several comfy couches and another TV, but what was dragging Blake in was glass door that opened out onto a ice wooden deck/balcony type deal.

“This is so cool!” Blake exclaimed, immediately running over and opening the door and stepping outside into the cold air.

“Literally,” Oliver mumbled, following her outside. “‘s freezin’ out ‘ere Blake.”

She shrugged and gazed up at the sky. It was still partially light out, but the sun was setting and the blonde knew the stars would be out sooner or later. “I’m coming out here later,” she informed him, “because it’s been a long time since I’ve seen stars and I’m not missing out on this.”

Oliver laughed but didn’t protest. He knew Blake was serious. “Fair enough. Now, ‘m starvin’. Let’s go get food, aye?” And with one final look at the sky, Blake nodded and followed Oliver into the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is kind of short, but I have a lot planned for the next chapter and I didn't feel like cramming it all in to this chapter. So, here we have chapter 5! Thoughts? Feelings? CAN I HEAR FROM A FEW OF YOU PLEASE? I love this so much, I just want to know what everyone else is thinking!

xoxoxox