All Just Pretend

Life Is Simple In The Moonlight

When Oliver and Blake got back into the house, the rest of the boys already had their take-out spread all over the kitchen counter. “Vegan take-out is on the island,” Jona called to them from his seat in the living room. Jona and Oli were the only vegetarians/vegans in the band, which was good for them because then they always made sure there was at least a vegan place or vegan options wherever they were at.

Blake crinkled her nose at the idea of tofu, something she just was not fond of, and Oliver noticed. He grinned while dishing some food out onto a plate, and pointed at the counter where a large cheese pizza sat. Blake smirked and stole a piece, a napkin, and a beer from the fridge before going into the living room to sit with the other boys.

The blonde took a seat on the unoccupied loveseat, curling her legs under herself and setting her beer on the coffee table in front of her, after taking a sip of course. She quickly surveyed the room--Jona on the couch with Matt K. while Lee was in the recliner. When Oliver finally came into the living room, taking his spot next to Blake, she realized there were two people missing.

“They’re fucking, aren’t they?” she asked bluntly, stopping the minimal conversation completely.

Jona smirked at her. “Course they are, Blake. It’s Matt and Ash. I don’t know what you expected.”

“That bitch,” she muttered under her breath, taking a bite of her pizza. She didn’t want to have to sleep in the “guest room” alone, but with the way the night was panning out that was probably going to happen.

Re-directing the conversation, Blake said, “So how’s writing going? When do you guys go and record?”

Matt smirked from his spot on the couch. “Yeh interviewin’ us, love?”

Blake laughed. “I’m just curious! I want to make sure you assholes are actually getting something accomplished,” she winked, knowing full well that these boys were working hard. They always did.

“Writin’ is good,” Oli spoke around his mouthful of food, making Blake cringe. She smacked him on the shoulder for it, but he just laughed.

“We don’t record until next monfh,” Lee told her. “Goin’ ta Sweden then, should be a good time.”

Blake laughed and shook her head. Isn’t it always? she thought to herself.

In the middle of their feast and casual “catch-up” conversation, Nicholls finally made his appearance. Blake noticed him first, his smirk wide as he walked lazily down the steps. He was alone though. Blake let him grab some food from the kitchen and return to the living room, collapsing on the couch beside Jona, before she decided to interrogate him.

“Where’s Ash?”

The grin on Matt’s face just widened, but he didn’t say anything. He just shrugged, as if that was a good enough answer. “Must’a tired ‘er out or sumfhin’,” he said finally.

Blake groaned, pulling the pillow she was leaning against out and smacking Matt in the face with it. “You’re a pig.”

Nicholls laughed. “Yeh’re jus’ mad, love. Yeh wan’ some of this Nicholls lovin’!”

Blake rolled her eyes dramatically and leaned forward to grab her beer. “Not even in your wildest dreams, Matty. Not even in your wildest dreams.”

The group continued to talk and eat, but eventually the boys finished eating and Lee claimed he was tired, even though Blake knew he probably had a phone date with his girlfriend, and Jona did the same, but Blake knew he also probably had a date with his significant other. Vegan really was tired, falling asleep on the couch, so he left to go to bed. And then it was just Nicholls, Oliver, and Blake.

Blake grinned at Oli. “I’m gonna go out on the balcony now,” she told him as she checked the time on her phone and realized it was already nearing 11 at night. She grabbed her plate and empty beer bottle and headed to the kitchen to throw the stuff away. Matt and Oli followed.

“Wait, where yeh goin’?” Matt asked, throwing his own garbage away as well.

“She wan’s ta look at the stars on the balcony,” Oliver filled in with a shrug. “I’ll go wiff yeh.”

Matt’s eyes lit up. “Still got tha’ fancy bowl yeh picked up last week?” he asked Blake.

She grinned and nodded. “Let’s put it to use!”

The three went upstairs eagerly, Blake making a pit stop in the guest room to grab the bowl out of her suitcase. She slipped a sweatshirt on as well and put her pink beanie on her head again, slipped her feet into her slipper boots, and then met the guys out in the hall.

They all headed out onto the balcony, but as soon as they stepped out they all shivered. “It’s fucking cold as balls out here!” Blake exclaimed.

Oliver nodded. “I’ll be righ’ back.” He headed inside and then minutes later was back with an armful of blankets. There weren’t any chairs, so he threw some of the blankets onto the ground, along with some pillows, and they all got comfortable.

“Bowl?” Matt asked once they were all seat, and Blake handed it over.

She laid down while Matt packed and prepared the bowl.

An hour later, they were all blazed beyond belief. Blake was a giggler when she was high, so all she did was stare at the sky and giggle at the shapes she thought she saw. “You know what would be really cool?” she asked the boys lying next to her, staring at the same sky she was staring at.

“Wha’?” Oliver asked, but his eyes were closed. He wasn’t meditating, necessarily, but he was trying hard not to think too much. So maybe he was. Who knew? Who cared?

“If you could draw on the sky. Like... hold a pen or something up to it, and actually connect the dots and add pictures or whatever.”

Matt, on her other side, turned his head to look at her. He quirked and eyebrow and laughed at the ridiculous thought. “Like... paintin’ in the sky?”

Blake just laughed, nodding her head but not continuing her explanation. She couldn’t remember her next thought anyways.

Matt scrambled off of the ground and handed the bowl over to Blake. “Well, I’m goin’ ta bed. Ash is probably wonderin’ where I went.” Oliver nodded and Blake giggled, and then Matt said goodnight and headed inside.

When the door was closed and Matt was safely inside, Blake rolled onto her side to face Oliver. “Hey,” she spoke quietly, but he kept his eyes shut.

“Hm?”

“Open your eyes,” she teased, poking his arm.

He sighed, but did as she asked. “Wha’?”

“I’m cold,” she frowned, scooting closer to his body.

“Want to go inside?” he asked her, but she shook her head.

Instead, she scooted closer to him and lifted the blanket she had draped over her body. “Come here,” she said. He hesitated, but obliged, pulling her closer while she dropped the blanket over his body as well. “Better,” she smiled, merely inches from his face.

“Yeh get friskeh when yeh’re high,” he muttered, leaning his head back on the ground to stare at the sky, at the stars... anywhere but Blake’s face.

She giggled again. “I’m not frisky. I’m just cold.”

“So le’s go inside, yeah?”

She shook her head adamantly. “No. It’s too pretty out here. I never see stars, remember? I want to take in as much as I can before I go back to Sheff.”

Blake heard the sigh that Oliver released, and even in her high state she could detect something was wrong. She was high, not stupid, and she told him this. “What’s wrong?”

“Why yeh ‘ere, Blake?”

Her jaw dropped in disbelief and she pushed herself away from him. Was he really asking her that? “Uh, did you conveniently forget the phone call we had a few days ago? You practically begged me to come out. I didn’t want to! But you kept pushing it and--”

Oliver stopped her. “I didn’t mean here, here, love. I meant why are yeh here,” he stressed the word and then gestured to the spot she had been occupying beside him. “Fhought yeh didn’ wan’ fhings ta change.”

She mouthed an ‘oh’ before she sat up, pulling her knees to her chest. “Nothing’s changing just because I was laying beside you, Oliver. We had a flirty friendship from the very beginning. Just because we slept together doesn’t mean I’m going to stop acting like myself.”

Oli turned his head to stare at the blonde. “Flirty friendship, aye?” He sat up and scooted closer to her. “So I could kiss yeh now and it wouldn’ matta?”

She wanted to prove a point, so she shook her head. “Course it wouldn’t matter.” And then, she leaned forward and placed her lips on his.

But they were Oliver and Blake, and of course it would never be that easy. Because when you’re kissing a beautiful girl, or you’re kissing a boy, sometimes you get sucked in. That was Oliver and Blake, in a nutshell.

She got on her knees and leaned into him, kissing him hard while her hands held onto his face, as if her life depended on it. He was still sitting, so he gripped her hips tightly and pulled her body into him. She quickly got the hint and scooted over to him before she straddled his tiny waist. She lowered her body onto his and wrapped her arms around his neck. She didn’t mean to, but the process of lowering herself ended in a groan emitting from Oliver’s lips. Maybe she had moved her hips a little, just to frustrate him, but who was keeping track? They sure weren’t.

His fingers dug into the small sliver of skin the was showing because her sweatshirt had ridden up her torso and he held on tight. He didn’t particularly want this to be happening, but he wasn’t an idiot. There wasn’t a chance in hell he was going to make it stop, not now. Not at this point.

His tongue slipped into her mouth, reacquainting itself with Blake’s before she pulled back ever so slightly and raked her teeth over his bottom lip, something she knew drove him wild. She released her death-like hold on him only to place her lips on his neck. She didn’t realize she was doing it but her hips were also moving a little too much for Oliver to handle and the combination of her lips on his neck, biting and kissing and doing wonderful things, along with her movements were causing groans to slip from his lips.

This had to stop.

Just as she was sliding her hands under his t-shirt, her miraculously warm finger tips dancing over his tattoo’d skin, he pushed her away gently. She wanted to whimper, but she refrained. “Really?” was all she said instead, her tone flat with only a hint of irritation scrawled over her face.

Oliver nodded and pushed her off his lap gently. “Can’t jus’ decide yeh wan’ ta fuck meh, love. Doesn’ work tha’ way. Fhought we talked ‘bout this.”

Blake rolled her eyes dramatically, so dramatically that her whole head rolled back. She sighed before saying, “You’re ridiculous. We talked about how sleeping together wasn’t a big deal. Nothing’s changed right? Still not a big deal?”

Oliver hesitated. “Well--”

“It’s not a big deal,” she answered for him. “We weren’t going to do it out here anyways. I was just... testing the limits.”

Oliver stared at her, his eyebrows knit together in confusion. “Yeh’re testin’ meh?”

She shook her head. “No. I’m high. I enjoy kissing you. That’s all.”

He gave her a skeptical look, not quite believing this story, but he didn’t really have a choice. Blake had never lied to him before. So instead he smirked. “Yeh enjoy kissin’ meh?”

The blonde groaned, smacking him on the chest before she stood. “Don’t let it get to your head, you twat. Let’s go inside.”

With that, they went inside, forgetting whatever had just happened merely moments before. For now at least; things seemed simpler out in the moonlight.
♠ ♠ ♠
jnkhfisudkjn I LOVE THIS STORY SO MUCH. OKAY? OKAY. I'D LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE FEELS THE SAME. YEAH. CAPS LOCK!!!!!

Please leave comments! I love hearing from people, hearing what everyone thinks. OKAY THANK YOU.
xoxoxox