By Now

1/1

"So, what do you think?" Hermione asked as she sunk down into a sitting position on the queen sized bed. Ron wandered around the room, staring at the paintings on the walls, his red hair a mess on the top of his head.

"It's...nice." He said, looking over at his girlfriend with a lopsided smile. Her hair cascaded over one shoulder as she looked at him expectantly.

"You don't have to lie, Ron." She chuckled, raising her eyes and glancing around the small, dank room. "It's not very pleasant."

"I suppose." He said, strolling over with his hands in his pockets. He sat down beside her, slinging an arm around her shoulders. "But it'll do."

Hermione nodded, nuzzling her head into his shoulder. They were staying at one of the rooms The Leaky Cauldron rented for five days, just as an escape from their complicated lives for a little while. They were almost always with the Weasleys for support, despite the fact that battle that had claimed Fred's life has been four years ago. They were always happy to be there. Ron loved his family, and Hermione loved them just as much... but for a couple in their early twenties, alone time was sort of a necessity.

"It's... homey." Hermione commented slowly as Ron ran his fingers through her hair. He was sort of stiff, and unsure of what to do, and she could sense that. Sometimes, he still got nervous around her... and sometimes she still got nervous around him. It really all depended.

After years of being friends, suddenly transitioning into a relationship was sort of strange, and sometimes, it still all felt brand new, despite the years of being together as a couple.

Ron stood up and wandered to the window, staring down at the passing people walking by, leaving Hermione sitting on the bed, trying to suppress a sigh. Sometimes, he was just so clueless...

"So, while we're here... what do you want to do?" She asked expectantly. Ron turned and faced her, biting down on his bottom lip.

"I don't know really. What is there to do in this room?" He asked, gesturing around, and looking up at the ceiling.

"I'm sure we could find something to do in here." Hermione said, rising and walking over to Ron, putting a hand on his shoulder. "I mean, we have a room to ourselves for once."

Ron blushed, but tried desperately to hide it. She smiled and giggled under her breath. She thought Ron's nervousness was absolutely adorable.

"Besides... we don't really have to stay in here the whole time. We could go anywhere, really."

"It's up to you." Ron said quietly. "I don't mind either way."

"You have no preference?" Hermione asked, one eyebrow raised.

"Not really."

She sighed, walking away from him with a frown on her face. Ron turned to look at her, leaning against the window.

"What's wrong?" He asked, brow furrowed.

"I feel like you depend on me to make all the decisions here, Ronald!" She said, throwing her hands up in the air. "You never tell me what you want!"

Ron's eyes were wide, as if he didn't believe Hermione was yelling at him. She really hadn't been doing that lately... "I...I just don't want to make the wrong decision and make you angry."

"You wouldn't make me angry!"

"You're angry now!"

"Well, that's for a different reason!" Hermione snapped, turning away with a frown on her face.

"Well...I'm sorry." Ron said, sighing. "I'm sorry." He wandered over to his girlfriend, hesitantly wrapping his arms around her waist, praying she'd get over this very, very soon. She often got angry with him, so he figured she would. He knew he could be a little clueless and submissive sometimes... but he loved her. Didn't that count for anything?

"I know you're sorry... I'm sorry too. I know I can overreact sometimes." Hermione said quietly, running her fingers through her hair.

"Hey, it's okay..." Ron said, squeezing her tight against his side, and seating the two of them down on the bed. "I know how you are... I love that girl, remember?"

"Yeah..." Hermione said almost under her breath, resting her head on his shoulder. "I remember. I love you too."

"Good." He said, teasingly ruffling her curly brown hair. "Now, we have a room all to ourselves, you have any ideas?"

She bit down on her lip, shaking her head and shrugging.

"Good, cause I do." Ron said, grinning, before leaning over and kissing her. The kiss was long, hard and passionate, and neither of them wanted to pull away. Finally, when they had to breath, they broke apart, and Hermione looked up at him beneath her eyelashes.

"I think that's a very good idea..." She said quietly.

Ron just grinned, and kissed her once again.