Rules for Surviving the Sweenys

Sixteen year old, Bella Harken, has knowingly taken one of the hardest jobs she's ever had, or ever WILL have. She is the nanny for the dreaded Sweeny siblings. There are four of them. Owen (17), Eli (15), Danny (10), and Elle (3). Despite the protests of her over-protective siblings (she's the ninth member of the dozen Harken "siblings"), she decides to live up to the challenge. She's never backed away from a challenge before, so why start now? Even if it means "babysitting" a boy that she's known since she was six.

The Sweeny brothers, will do ANYTHING to get rid of Bella for good, so that their mother will FINALLY remember that they exist, and plus, battling Bella in the game of wits and pranks has been far more fun than they'll ever let her know. After a year, they still have not come to terms with the fact that she's there to stay.

When one normal seeming weekend, begins to slide downhill at a rapid pace, Bella's rocky, mysterious past begins to haunt her, and the rest of her town. Will the Sweenys and the Harkens finally rebuild the bridge that had been torn down in an equally as mysterious strife, or will they revert back to the hatred and loathing they've known for so long? How will one weekend change the lives of so many people?