Life as a Cold One

Chapter Five: A Vampire's Birthday Present

“How did you know, Edward have you been reading my mind again?”

Katherine stared at the two guys in front of her, all of them smiling at one another.

Edward smiled, “I didn't mean to hear it, your thoughts are loud enough as they are,” he said eying Carlisle who was now at Katherine's side.

She hugged him and kissed him, “When do we leave for London?”

“Now, well if you want,” Carlisle told her holding their embrace.

There was no time to waste, immediately Katherine was excited to go back to London, England. She thought that seeing her hometown might bring back a few good memories of her human life, but it was just a chance she wanted to take.

~.~.~

London, England seemed more like home than Forks did than Forks did to Katherine. Carlisle held her hand and Edward walked along side them, “It's been a while since I’ve been here, it's changed a bit,” Carlisle told them as he looked around.

“It's looks just like how I remember it, what would happen if I see someone that I know, just out of curiosity?”

“You would have to get away, as fast as possible, but London, there is so many people here, that can't happen,” Edward told her with a smirk.

“My father is very well known, so you never know.”

He smiled and looked up at the Tower Bridge, “Carlisle, if you want to be alone with her just say, I will see you guys back at our Inn.”

“Thank you Edward.”

Katherine smiled and waved as Carlisle walked with her toward the Tower Bridge, “You must be very bold about your thoughts.”

“I am, but I’m sure that you are not liking the 3rd voice telling Edward what I want.”

She shrugged her shoulders, “Edward knows that I do not like it, but he can't help things either.”

They stood on the sidewalk of the bridge and Carlisle grabbed both of Katherine's hands, “Jump on my back, close your eyes and hold on.”

She had a confused look on her face, but she did what she was told. The moment she closed her eyes, she felt Carlisle take off running, but she didn't know to where. It felt like the where floating, she knew he had jumped, but landed softly just a second later, “Okay, you can open now.”

She opened her eyes and immediately grabbed back a hold of Carlisle. Grabbing his blazer scared of the view. She saw that they were way above the bridge, on the very top of it. The wind was stronger from how high they where and the water down below, she could still hear moving calmly upstream.

Carlisle chuckled and held on to her lightly, “It's okay I have you, it's no reason to be scared.”

Katherine smiled, “I could jump from here and live being a vampire, but I don't know if I would like that too much.”

He leaned in close to her and kissed her softly. She smiled, glad that Edward couldn't hear any of her thoughts. He broke the kiss and put his forehead up to hers, “I love you Katherine Williams,” he got down on one knee and pulled a box out. His golden eyes gleamed in the moonlight as he looked into hers, “Will you marry me, be my mate for life?”

Katherine was surprised, she got down on her knees and looked right into Carlisles' eyes, “Yes! I love you too.”

She opened the box and inside of it was a diamond ring with a shiny gold band. She slid it right onto her left hand, it fit perfectly. It gleamed as she admired it and Carlisle tackled her into another kiss. She knew then she was ready to take on the world with him and with whatever that stood in their way. She held his hand and looked out over the river, River Thames; he picked the perfect place to make the proposal. It was beautiful with the way the moon danced on the flow of the water, she never wanted to leave.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image