Status: Active (:

We Play, You Move

CHAPTER ONE

Alex flipped through the pages in his notebook, searching for a new page to empty out his thoughts on. He heard a few knocks on his bedroom door, and mumbled a ‘yes’ that led his mother inside.
“Your father has returned from his business trip. Come downstairs and say hi.” Isobel said to her son, and left the room. Alex got up and walked out into the hallway plastered with expensive paintings and walked the few steps down to greet his father.

The two shook hand and exchanged smiles, and Alex asked if he should help with the bags. Peter shook his head, ‘no’. “I have something I need to talk to you about.” He said. Alex was feeling a creeping emoting in his stomach; he was nervous, this seemed to be rather serious, by the look on his father’s face.

The three of them sat down in the family couches, Alex had his hands between his knees, looking at his father. “You know I just came back from America,” Alex and Isobel nodded. ”Well, they introduced me to a man who had moved from his move in, oh. I forgot where it was, it was somewhere in Eastern Europe.” Alex swallowed; he could feel his stomach tighten and his throat turn dry. “I became rather good friend with this man, and yesterday, he and some of the upper class men at the headcounter asked me if I and my family, ”he looked at the 2 other people in the room,“wanted to move to Baltimore.”

“What about my school? And friends?” Alex spoke in a shaky voice.
“You’ll have new friends, and a new school.” His mother said; the worry still in her eyes. “Your father just needs to keep his job if we need to keep this lifestyle, honey.”
Alex was trying to keep his anger down, but still stood up and left the room, and ran to his bedroom. Kicking the table, and yelling “FUCK!” as it fell over and threw all of his stuff all over the floor.
<i>The stupid things people do for money.</i> He wrote in his notebook, and went to bed, hoping that all of them had forgotten that silly idea in the morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know is sucks, keep up with me. I will try to update often (: