December

how it all started

The day I met December, all I could think was that she was named after a month. A month. It was the most peculiar thing to me. I couldn’t understand why her parent’s had given her such a horrible name. I’d told her that and she wasn’t happy, to say the least. She’d scrunched up her nose and knitted her eyebrows together into the most adorable frown. I’d told her she looked cute when she was mad and she punched me, square in the nose.

I guess that’s how it all started. We ended up in the hospital. Turned out she’d managed to break my nose. The amount of blood gushing out of it was quite spectacular, and only made her feel even more guilty about it. She came with me to the hospital and kept apologizing, the words tumbling out of her mouth carelessly.

I just laughed at her, blood staining my teeth. She begged me to let her make it up to me – if only I would tell her how. I told her she could make it up to me with a date. She punched me again.

And I guess that’s how it all started.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not too sure where I'm going with this, but I guess we'll see.
I think it's going to be a 5-shot, as that's the limit of chapters for the contest I'm writing it for.