Worst Story Ever

1/1

When I met Steve, I knew that he was the man I would spend the rest of my life with. He was tall with pretty eyes, short, blonde hair, and a light complexion. He asked me out to dinner after we were talking for a while and I couldn't say no, because he struck me as such a nice and wonderful person.

Almost immediately our love blossomed like a rose, delicate and beautiful. By the end of our first date we knew we would one day be enveloped in a love as deep as the ocean. The next day we confessed our undying love for one another. One week later he moved in with me, and from then on we spent our days happy as clams.

"Darling," he would say to me. "I will spend the whole of my life in adoration of your perfect face, for you are everything that I could want in life and for you I would traverse any terrain and slay any foe!" He was so romantic.

One day Steve and I were walking down the street when all of a sudden there was a huge explosion! I looked to my left and a bunch of aliens were crowding onto the street out of what appeared to be a giant space ship that had just crashed somewhere fairly close to us but not too close, but still not too far in the nearby distance. There was chaos everywhere as people ran around in circles screaming because, really, what better thing is there to do in the case of an alien invasion than run around in circles and scream? I began screaming too, but before I could commence the running of circles, Steve grabbed me by the arm and leaned in close to whisper in my ear.

“Stay safe, my love!” he said with intensity. “I will rescue us from this terror!”

He ran up to the aliens and beat them all up. WHAM. POW. I gotta say, Steve could hit with one hell of an uppercut.

The aliens were fighting back, though. One of them ran back onto the ship and began firing some kind of alien technology at all of the stores and buildings. BOOM! There goes Mr. Johnson's deli. I think he was inside, too. That's not good. Oh well. I never liked Mr. Johnson anyway. I bet he was vaporized.

As everyone continued to scream in terror, Steve began flying. I didn't know he could do that! He flew up onto the ship and punched the ship so hard that it blew up instantly. Pieces of spaceship flew all over the place. The crowd in the street screamed even louder. When the explosion died down, there was no spaceship left. All the aliens were unconscious now because Steve punched them all and left them unconscious. Then he called in some scientists who took the aliens to their lab for future testing. Yay for the advancement of science and knowledge! But Steve...how did he fly? How did he have such strength?

It was then that he landed next to me and pulled me close to him.

“Are you Superman?” I asked him, eyes shining with adoration.

“No, darling,” he told me. “I'm just a regular man who sees the danger presented by life and wants to save the world. And also who has superhuman powers. Now, I must be off, my love, for there is a world in need of saving!”

“But, Steve, when will you return?” I asked pleadingly.

“I may never return,” Steve said, looking dramatically off into the distance. “There are too many people who need me. I will come back for you, love, if I can.” And with that, Steve kissed me and then flew off into the sunset.

I stared after him, admiring the beautiful colors of the sunset. I realized then that I would love Steve forever. I knew how lucky I was to be with a man who was so caring and compassionate, and I would wait for him for the rest of my days.