Prince of Drakaedia

Valor: The Second Son

Aimery laced his fingers with Aldonza's, pulling her up beside him. Vivian and Jaksom were left to take the rear, both of them looking reproachfully at the other's leige. "We must get to Father and quickly. We must stop this war, my queen." Aimery looked at Aldonza, as he said it, kissing the back of her hand.

"Brother!" a young elf, with one red eye and one green eye tackled Aimery around the waist. "You're alive! Come, father is waiting! You must come too, faerie princess."

"Valor, what have you seen concerning Aldonza?" Aimery asked, wrapping his free arm around his brothers shoulders.

"Only you know what you must do," Valor said, winking. Infuriating. Aimery sighed heavily.

"Always so helpful little brother." They walked quickly to the throne room, Aimery threw open the doors to the inner chambers. Chaos Destruction sat on the throne, muscles rippled as he stood. Long black hair fell down his back and bright blue eyes peirced her. A red haired maiden sat beside him, with small pointed ears and a very petite frame. Blades were braided into her hair and she looked no stranger to fights.

"Aldonza, it is good to see you in my halls again. Even better you bring my son with you, alive and unharmed," Chaos said. "Your last visit, to the Drakaedian Parade, was, pardon the pun, cut short."

"Lord Chaos," Aldonza said, bowing her head. "I fear I bring terrible news. I," she looked away, heat flaring on her cheeks. "I bound your son, Prince Aimery to myself." Chaos' eyebrows rose slightly, a small smile flickering on the edge of his lips.

"I know. The nether world tells me of things I should not know. I also know that Jaksom, your Champion and a Rukon, is also bound to you and you come seeking aid to overthrow your own father, for his crimes against your people." Aldonza's mouth dropped open, noticing for the first time, the Orb of Chaos hanging around his neck and his slender fingers touching it lightly.

"The rumours are true then?" Aldonza asked.

"The one's stating that I raised a horde of skeletons to take back my Kingdom? Or the ones about me being bound to the nether world as the Scythe of Death? I fear there are far too many rumours, for me to keep track of, Princess Destruction." His smile unnerved her, as if he knew something she did not. Aimery's mother stood, swaying down the steps to grasp Aldonza's chin in her tiny hands.

"You will bear the Hero of the World through my blood," she said, releasing Aldonza's chin. "Valor, come to me," Her green eyes flashed dangerously as she wrapped her arms around her youngest son. "Elf and Fae bound together once secured a country from my Father-In-Marriage. Now that one country, produced the fae who sits at the right hand of the upsurper's side." Aldonza opened her mouth to ask what she meant, to ask if faeries and fae weren't the same.

"No child, the fae cannot fly, but they can shapeshift. Einar Knightwing and Avian Redheart secured her throne from Hurraki, Avian bound Einar as her heart-sworn and masqueraded as an enemy soldier, climbed the ranks and threw Hurraki Destruction from her Kingdom. I am their great grandaughter, a fae, bound to an elf, once again. Chaos is the upsurper. Chaos called upon his allies and his army of undead to take back his throne from the Imperial Guards, who had slaughtered his family and taken over his Kingdom. Now you require our aid to do what we, and those before us, did. You need us to help you take back your Kingdom."