Status: On Hold. I have no ideas right now. :(

A Unexpected Change Of Events

11

Gabriel had called Godric into his office because even though Godric was a little more relaxed now having been in New York for almost a week they hadn't addressed what was going on with Godric and Gabriel couldn't wait for Godric to come to him and talk because that could take a life time he had to address the topic himself.
Godric sat in one of the chairs in his office and Gabriel sat beside him.
“Do you want to talk more about what we were talking about before we arrived here?” he asked calmly trying to ease his way into it but when Godric shook his head Gabriel sighed.
“Can I tell you what I think?” he asked Godric and Godric nodded.
Gabriel took a deep unneeded breath and began he wasn't going to lit to his child but tell him the truth and maybe he would be able to get Godric to see not everything was lost. So he jumped straight into it. Godric wasn't a little child anymore. He could handle it.
“I remember when you had a devilish smirk upon your face as you drank from a girl called Emily who had fallen in love with you and loved it. You can hated what you have done but not who you were just like a lot of people you don't seem to be able to tell the difference between the two, you would think after two thousand years you wouldn't have this problem. You hate the things you have done with a passion but not what you stand for.” Gabriel explain to him.
“You are forgetting who I am.” replied Godric coldly.
“I am not little one, I will not hold your hand through this for it is you who is to decide what to do but I am telling you it how I see it I believe what you planned to do is a cowardly act but that is my opinion. For you to leave myself, your brothers and sister and most importantly your child.” Gabriel told him honestly but in his normal tone but there was something that said he was telling the truth he believed whole heartily what he was saying.
“You think I am a coward?” Godric asked never had anyone called him that much less his maker.
“In a word yes and I don't mean that in a bad way....., you can not face the hard truth of you actions or look yourself in the mirror without seeing the person you have grown to dislike which is way you cut you hair trying to hide that person so very far away from yourself now..., to run from yourself.” replied Gabriel. Gabriel was not a man to lie to anyone, everything he said he believe.
Godric nodded because deep down what his maker said was true.
“Stop running my child find out what it is your running from.”
“I have lost hope in humanity.” replied Godric sadly and Gabriel just watched Godric for a few seconds and nodded he remembered that felling.
“A few centuries of righteousness does not redeem a lifetime of wickedness.” mumbled Gabriel as he thought of all the horrible things he had done in his life. “But it does help, my child.”
Godric watched his maker and he was reminded that his own maker had done many horrible things before he was made and some afterwards as well. Is this how his maker manages to live on after what he had done by helping people?
Godric nodded slowly at his makers words.
“I believe you,”whispered Godric to Gabriel. “I know I thought it might fix everything somehow, but I don't really think like a vampire anymore.” Godric explained and Gabriel nodded in understanding.
“And that is a wonderful thing Godric because the world is not black and white but many shades in between.” Gabriel replied with a smile.
They both sat there in silences for a little while before Gabriel got up and walked towards the window and made a movement for Godric to follow which he did.
They watched Sookie, Blair and Brooke out in the small garden laughing and having fun together.
“There are centuries of love and faith between us and right now you have got to trust me.” Gabriel said then continued. “Spend some time with Sookie, Blair and Brooke and see if they can show you there is still something wonderful left in this world and restore you faith in humanity. Also spend some time with James and Charlotte they both have a lust for life and were able to breath life into this old dog.” Gabriel joked at the end.
Godric and Gabriel watched the three together a little longer before they parted for the night.
Gabriel hoped he could get through to Godric he couldn't bare the thought of losing another child Anne had been bad enough but Godric he was sure that would kill him.
Later that night Godric found a note in his pocket he was sure Gabriel put it there when he wasn't looking or paying attention.

Forgiveness is the remission of sins. For it is by this what has been lost, and was found is saved from being lost again.
Saint Augustine.