Graffiti Love

Dance-off

I seriously think I need more interesting things to do with my life. Because I have no life.

Oh, sad cruel life.

After school, Yoochun asked me if I wanted to go to the arcade, since I was busy the other time. And of course I said yes.

Because I am an awesome friend.

When we got there, it was a whole mess of noise, flashing lights, and bulky machines. Yoochun grabbed my arms and pulled me over to one machine, with different coloured buttons and arrows on the little platform.

“Jae! There’s this game I want you to play! It’s really fun!”

I looked at the large buttons on the ledge and then at the coloured arrows going up the screen. “And what is this?”

“Actually, I don’t know what it’s called, but it’s fun! You just have to- Let me show you.”

Yoochun scrambled up onto the platform and inserted a one-dollar coin into the slot. The machine started to come into life, beeping out an annoyingly cute rhythm. With a shudder, I recognised it as nyan cat.

‘Nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan~’

Yoochun cringed and pressed another button. The sped-up mews immediately turned into a song with a heavy bass beat and a strong rhythm.

“Jae! Watch!”

I looked on in amusement as Yoochun tried to keep up with the arrows flying up the screen. His feet flew all over the place as the tempo changed, then grew faster, then in a matter of seconds, it was all over.

The few people who had gathered to watch Yoochun’s fail slowly filed away. I nonchalantly walked over to Yoochun, who was lying flat out on all the buttons, sweat pouring down his large forehead.

“Fail.” I looked down at him and shook my head slowly.

“I would like to see you do better.” A voice that wasn’t Yoochun’s suggested at me.

“Huh?” I looked up and saw Yunho walking towards me.

Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. What the hell is he doing here?! Does he have no life? Must he stalk me?

“I don’t think you can dance better than your little friend here.” He crossed his arms and smirked. “Let’s have a dance off.”

I looked past the human obstruction in front of me to the boy behind.

“Who’s that? A little kid you kidnapped? Did you force him to be your personal bitch?”

Yunho scowled and stepped backwards to put a hand on the confused boy’s shoulder. “This is Changmin. And he’s my friend.”

Changmin smiled at me, his eyes creasing into oddly shaped half moons.

“Hello hyung!”

“Er…hi…” I found his friendliness a little…weird.

“So, what do you say? Wanna have a dance battle?”

I shrugged and glanced over to the machines. “If you really want to.”

I am so going to beat the crap out of him. I will kick his non-existent ass and leave him in a crying heap for his mommy. He shall forever remember the day I, Kim Jaejoong, beat his ass.

~

-No one’s POV

“Ready, set, go!” Yoochun raised an imaginary flag and brought it down.

The heavy bass music started playing and Jaejoong and Yunho immediately sprang into action, stepping on all the correct buttons and matching the rhythm perfectly. Both were concentrated on winning, not even noticing the crowd of people who had gathered all around them. Changmin and Yoochun cheered from the sidelines, waving invisible banners and shouting out for their respective friends.

The music started to get faster, more arrows appeared. Jaejoong got onto his knees and leant backwards on his hand supporting his whole body. His hips jerked upwards before he got back onto his feet again. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted Yunho glancing at him and smirked slightly.

“Giving up yet?” Jaejoong huffed. He reached out his left foot to press the left button and felt his joints ache at the extension.

“In your dreams, pretty boy.”

“We’ll see abou- HEY!”

The machine had stopped abruptly, the lights black.

As if everyone was one, all the heads turned towards the power plug, where a young man, who was clutching chicken in his arms, was smiling sheepishly at everyone.

“Sorry…I tripped…” He rubbed the back of his head and awkwardly laughed. “I fall a lot.”

A mumble mixed with laughter arouse from the crowd and they slowly dispersed.

“Well, that was entertaining.” Yunho was breathing heavily from dancing too vigorously.

“So, who won?” Jaejoong puffed.

“Tie. We’ll rematch another day. Bye!” Yunho waved and walked away, Changmin trailing after him a little unwillingly.

“Not fair…” Jaejoong mumbled and pouted.