The Prompt Project

Corona & Lime.

Image


i like pretty girls and alcohol. inebriation and pouty lips. a cool Corona and lime on a hot night. sitting on a beach chair in the driveway with a pretty girl on my lap. bare feet on the pavement, still warm from the blaring summer sun. it's damn near heaven. it doesn't get much better than that.

the stars hang over us. watching. waiting. they hold the silence. they hold our secrets. when I'm up in the middle of the night, and I think I'm all alone, they're watching. but there's something about the night that makes it feel like home. we came into the world alone, same way we're goin' out of it. maybe that's why it's so comforting. they're alone just like us. they're centuries old, and they hold the secrets of the universe, and they'll keep holding the secrets of the universe until the world goes boom. they share the night with us. they share a pretty girl, a beach chair, and a Corona.

"It's Heaven," I say to her. "I'm stealin' a piece of Heaven."

"There ain't no such thing as Heaven, darling," says she. her voice is all sultry and pouty, just like her lips. her breath smells like peppermint and lime and Corona. "There ain't no Heaven here."

"Well, I'm stealin' it anyways," I say, and she laughs.

we sit there a while longer with alcohol and lust on our breaths and watch the sky.

i'm tellin' you, it's damn near heaven.