Dark Prince

010

Classes went on as usual- repeatedly boring every day. The only class I looked forward to was in this semester was art. Only Fridays, however, were designated for art. The school had a great private studio near the café Acey had taken me to a few days back.
A sleek tall building it was. Walking into the lobby, which was also part of the gallery, the intoxicating smell of acrylic filled my artistic being. Stark white walls made up a maze that carefully hid artworks into their designated categories.
A glass elevator in one corner of the intricate maze elegantly elevated the class to the school’s private studio. There my eyes wondered over a plain room with four car-sized oak tables in the center of the room and wooden cabinets lined all the pale walls. Natural sunlight from a wall made of floor-to-ceiling windows allowed enough sunlight for our class to proceed without the use of electricity.
As per usual the art class started with quick sketches in charcoal of random objects brought out by the teacher. Then watercolors made an entrance as primary, secondary, and tertiary colours were used on our sketches.
The only thing missing from this class was Acey. Stuck with an assigned partner, by the name of Donatein, I made feeble attempts at learning French. At least Acey had planned to meet me at the café after school. After this class.
~
I walked into the café with a little jingle of the bells on the entrance door. Looking to the right of me I quickly spied Acey at our usual table by the window. I sat across from her on the chocolate brown leather bench and rested my elbows on the black metal table. She was already digging in on a crème brulee having not have wasted any time.
“Ava!” she excitedly tried to greet me through a mouthful.
“Hey Acey!” I had to smile as her anxious self trying to tell me something very important but being stopped by crème brulee was absolutely comedic. She kept pointing at me and then at the door until she was finally able to speak.
“You have to go to the hospital! Your mom called my cell and told me to tell you that she got you a volunteering job at the hospital as long as you can get there before some lady’s shift ends and fill out the form.” My eyes widened. I had to go immediately.
“Oh my!” I grabbed my bag off the bench and ran for the door.
“Thanks Acey! Bye!” i pronounced as I was already at the entrance.
“Don’t thank me!”
~
I walked into the hospital seeing the usual round island at which nurses guided patients through paper work or towards the waiting area. I didn’t see how the velvet red of the seats in the waiting area were supposed to calm the sick, but the seats themselves looked quite nicely cushioned.
“Bonjour!” peachy lips spoke to me kindly.
“Hello, I’m Ava- Rosette’s daughter,” I walked a bit quicker to the island, as it caught me by surprise to get such quick service- the only hospitals/clinics that I’ve been to so far had terrible waiting times.
“Of course! I know who you are. You’re even more beautiful then what your mother described you as,” She eyed me with amusement as I tried to catch my breath unnoticeably. I looked down at the cream-coloured tiles feeling my cheeks go rosy.
“here is your volunteer form, I’ll help you fill it out in a minute.” She handed me the papers and slapped a pen on top.
“Vite! Vite!” she exclaimed with a clap. Her golden curls turned towards me as she went to help a boy about my age on the other side of the round island.
He looked very familiar. Black hair, blue eyes. Something about his presence made my heart beat faster in a sort of fear. It was like I knew him my entire life and wanted to just go up to him and help him with something. Was he from my art class? It seemed so. With eyes down at the forms handed out by the nurse he sat on a gleaming chair.
Was it Claude? Emette? Christian?
I recalled the guys from last days painting lesson. There were so few that I should know him… And I do… Somehow…
Very unexpectantly the blues of his eyes met mine. My head awkwardly jolted to face the blank lines I was to fill in.
“Having any trouble?” Goldy Lock’s curls reappeared in front of me.
“Uh. Um yeah! Yes! Everything’s great!” I answered with chaotic enthusiasm.
“Ok. Then I’ll leave you to it.”
“Thanks”
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you to everyone for reading and supporting! :3