Dark Prince

005

Ash

Acey? My childhood friend? How is she even alive?

She's dead. Don't go to those extreme terms, Ash. Was what I was seeing true? Was I actually seeing my friend? A..ghost? Was that something else my curse provided? It must be, because this was simply impossible.

Everyone died from my past. From old age or war; battles that often occurred with my father and other kingdoms. Why? My father was selfish. And he wanted everything, by that, I mean everything. He would have even traded me for something shiny if I turned out to be no good for him. My mother's death was not easy to bear, especially for him. He had many wives, but my mother, she was his love; his soulmate, he had said to me one night in his chambers.

He waved his guards away to give us some privacy. As he was telling me this, I could see it. All the good times he and my mother had, all the memories. Of course back then there was no cameras or video recorders. Just paint and pencils. But the drawn picture of my mother was no match for my imagination.

I imagined my mother with long flowing dark black hair. Because where else have I gotten it? My father's was a bronze brown. I pictured her with hazel eyes, eyes that always complemented her hair. Ivory skin, and a beautiful smile. Of course I could have asked my father what she looked like. But he would never say anything about it. He would only grunt, whisper something I couldn't hear and change the topic.

"We then would ride our horses on the beach, as if we were riding out the sunset, you know, the spot right next to the main garden" I only nodded when my father said this, because I was so lost in thought of my mother, that I didn't get to hear the last bit of his story.

"It was a beautiful time, a happy one." My father sighed.

I drifted off into nothingness. The state of non-existence of anything. That's not me anymore. I don't have a past, I don't have a future (one to hope for anyway). I'm just stuck in the present. Doing nothing. Being nothing. I hate this.


When I looked up. Acey was gone.

"Seriously?" I mumbled through gritted teeth.

I don't need this right now. I probably imagined her too.

Me and her did have good times though. We made a tree house, forts, and toys for ourselves. We were convinced we would be blacksmiths when we were older. I wasn't too worried to be king or anything. At the time, I was sure my father would be king till he died. Even then he would still rule. He, and only he wanted the throne. So me and her promised to do everything together, be everything together; including being a blacksmith. Her father was one, meaning she had to.

Which leads me back to Beau. He was her father, and my friend. I loved them. We were all so close. It was like we were a family. Acey being the sister I never had, and Beau the friend and father I could have had. I turned the knob to my hotel room, and felt a tear slide all the way down my cheek and onto my hand. It was too fast for me to stop it. I hate crying.

Once in my suite, I looked at the closest mirror to the front door. It was delicate in every way. With that I took my hand into a fist and clenched, hard. So hard, blood seeped through and onto the beige carpet. I couldn't stop what was happening next, with my anger boiled, I smashed my fist straight through the once beautiful mirror. I leaned against a wall then.. and bawled. Up to the point where I was choking on my own tears. I broke down.

I haven’t cried like this since they died. Which is saying something because that was more than a century ago. I had to be tough. I have to be intimidating. After all, it's for my own good. The good that turn into bad purposes.

I wiped those tears away, and peaked at one of the larger mirror shards. I looked at my refelection, and saw dirty tear stains on my cheeks. The only evidence left that I had cried, and I also had tousled hair. --no surprise there-- When I looked down, there was dried blood all over my hands. I looked like a mess. No, I am a mess. I packed my bags then, very quickly. Not like I had a lot anyway. Not that I could. I had the money. Lot's of it. But there was no need for it. I traveled often, and I didn't want to carry a lot.

All I had were some fancy clothes, two pairs of shoes, hygiene essentials, a seashell, my mother's gold locket, and a compass. As well as my wallet and passport of course. I left that fancy, expensive hotel that night. My two weeks at that place were up anyways. I was off to a new place, a new hotel. And new start? More like a never ending plot.

I realized something then, I'm so...alone!

The thing is, I don't want to walk this earth, even more if I have to do it solo. But…There is no choice. There was none to begin with. I have to, because my curse won’t allow it otherwise. There is absolutely no way...
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it!! :D
Let me know what you think!
Please, and thank you!