Dark Prince

006

Through the city I walk. Alone. And glad to be. Lighthearted and doing anything I want to do. I’ve always had many friends everywhere we moved- but those first few days being in a new place, at a new school, those were the days that always felt the most free.

I walked to the park in the early golden light of the afternoon sun. Beautiful autumn day- if I say so myself. Light shimmered through the withering orangey, yellowish leaves. The trees sang their goodbye songs of the season as the cool breeze flew by.

I walked down the park trail. So meticulously built, the sidewalk was covered with small golden bricks. It felt like I was in Wizard of Oz. The yellow bricks were bathed in golden sunlight and almost seemed to sparkle with magic. At the end of this road was the little pond my dad took pictures of. As I walked towards the shimmering blue, through the impeccable orchard, a bleached white swan gracefully sailed down onto the water.

I spun around a few times soaking up this feeling of wonder and happiness. I knew that some people on the streets were watching me in amusement- but I didn’t care. My frilly pale, matte pink and patched in some places dress unfurled and spun with me.

And yet. Somehow. My foot managed to get caught on some tiny rock. Before I knew it I fell hard onto the paved road. A slender girl about my age, with mid-length red hair and blue eyes helped me up.
“Are you okay?” She asked politely.
“Yes, thank you.” I said as she heaved me up.

Now standing up I noticed that she was quite tall and very radiant. She had an energetic presence about her. Her warm friendly smile sparkled. I smiled back.
“Hi, I’m Ava.” She shook my hand.
“I’m Acey.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed the chapter! :3