You Know That I'm Better in the End

"That took FOREVER!"

We laid in the our bed, both of us still trying to catch our breath from the previous "events" that had been going on for the past couple of hours. My head was laying in the crook of Ronnie's neck, my arm draped over his middle as his arm was wrapped around my body, tightly holding me against him.

"Pardon me being so blunt, but goddamn I missed having sex with you." I laughed as he said this, turning my head upwards slightly so I could look at him. He grinned down at me before pressing a kiss to my forehead. I let my eyes flutter closed again, nuzzling my face into his neck and kissing it softly. "But most of all, I just missed being with you." He whispered as he rubbed his hand up and down my arm slowly.

"I did too."

We just laid there for what seemed like hours, holding each other and not saying another word. And at that moment, I finally realized how much I really needed Ronnie, and how much I really did want him back. He was who I was supposed to be with. Everything felt right with him, it felt like...this is how it's supposed to be. This is where I belonged.

"Baby?" My train of thought was broken when I heard him whisper this, and I lifted my head up slightly again to look at him. "Hm?"

"When you said you'd say yes if I asked you to marry me again...were you actually agreeing to marry me again?" I laughed slightly, nodding. "Yes, I was. Why?"

"Just making sure," He grinned, leaning down and pressing a kiss to my lips before sitting up and getting out of bed. I raised my eyebrows as he quickly pulled his boxers back on, and shuffled over to the dresser. He opened the top part of my jewelry box and dug around for a few seconds before closing it, turning around, and smiling at me. I smiled back when I saw what was in his hand.

He laid back down next to me, and I hoisted myself up on my elbow, my head resting in my hand. He gently grabbed my other hand, slipping the engagement ring back onto my ring finger. He lifted my hand up to his lips, kissing my knuckles and looking up at me through his eyelashes, a smile on his lips.

"I love you." I whispered, cupping his cheek and stroking it with my thumb.

"I love you too." He murmured before leaning over to press yet another kiss to my lips.

* * *

I stood up when I heard Ronnie, Ronnie's dad, Russel, and Travis' voices chattering in the entryway, obviously signaling Russel had brought our son back. I smiled at them when I entered, and laughed as Travis ran over to me with his arms wide open.

"Hi baby!" I exclaimed, crouching down and giving him a hug and kiss. "You have fun with grandpa today?"

"Yeah!" He exclaimed back. "Lots of fun!" I laughed as he pressed a big kiss to my cheek and wrapped his arms tightly around my neck. I picked up him, grunting a little. "You're getting so heavy," I whined/laughed. "It feels like you're almost as big as me."

"You're little, Momma." He giggled, playing with my curls. I giggled back and nodded. "I know, I'm super short."

"Well, I guess I'll let you two tell Travis the breaking news." Russel grinned at me, him and his son laughing as my jaw dropped. "He already knew you were gonna do this!" I yelled at Ronnie, laughing slightly. "You told him!"

"And we bet money on it!" Russel laughed.

"And I am now 20 bucks richer." Ronnie chuckled, opening the door. "Alright, get out of here, old man." He grinned at his Dad, who rolled his eyes and waved as he left. He closed the door and I set Travis down. "Alright Trav, we are going to be having a business meeting right now, so if you could follow me into my office, that'd be great." Ronnie said, marching off to the living room. I laughed as Travis ran after him, giggling. Ronnie and I sat down on the couch, and Travis sat in the recliner, smiling and kicking his legs back and forth.

"Now Travis, I called this meeting today because I hear that you've been voicing some complaints lately." Ronnie said very seriously, folding his hands in his lap. Travis giggled, not knowing what the hell his dad was talking about.

"I've heard from other employees that during other meetings, you were giving your opinion about your Momma and I, and how you would like us to be a couple again." I bit back a smile when Travis simply stared at his Dad, almost looking like he was frozen in his place.

"So I checked the stocks for...Radke Incorporation," I laughed as he struggled to think of a name off the top of his head, making him playfully glare at me. "and I saw that our stocks on love, particularly, were SKYROCKETING!"

"Our stocks on love?" I laughed even harder. "I didn't know we had any of those."

"Well, we do." Ronnie nodded, still acting very serious. "And I mean, this stock is just going through the roof, it's insane."

"Daddy, get to the point." Travis blurted out, making me snicker. "Really..." I mumbled, grinning at him again as he glared.

"And due to overwhelming demand, your Momma and I have decided to get back together!" Ronnie grinned. I laughed when Travis let out the loudest, most excited screech I'd ever heard and hopped off of the recliner, jumping on both of us. "REALLY?!"

"Really!" I giggled, hugging him as he clung to me. "Finally!" He huffed as he pulled away from me. "That took FOREVER!"

"I know, right?!" Ronnie groaned. "Seriously."

"Shut up," I laughed, shoving Ronnie slightly. He only grinned at me and grabbed Travis, holding him in the air. "I told you I always keep my promises, bud!"

"What promise?" I asked, and Ronnie and Travis only smiled, looking at each other for a second before looking back at me. "That's a seeeeecret!"

"He pwomised me he'd be wif you again!" Travis exclaimed, making me chuckle.

"Or maybe it's not a secret." Ronnie laughed. "Oh well. All that matters is that we're back together." He smiled at me, making me smile back.

"And now we can be a happy family again!" Travis squealed, clapping his little hands together. I stared at Ronnie, who only smiled softly again at me. My smile grew as Travis curled up in Ronnie's lap.

"Yeah baby, we can be a happy family again."
♠ ♠ ♠
Short but sweet. (:

Alright, first off; EXTREMELY sorry this took exactly 3 weeks to get out to you guys. For a while there, I was dealing with some really bad anxiety and that just completely screwed me up, then after that passed, I had writer's block. Couldn't think of shit to write. And yes, this chapter is short, But at least it's finally out.

So, next chapter will be the last, and then I'll post the epilouge. (: And as I stated before, I will have a new Ronnie Radke story going once this is finished.

Thank you to everyone who commented last chapter, and I apologize once again for this taking so long!