‹ Prequel: I Love the Way You Lie
Sequel: Worldwide

His Only Love

Purple Fire

It's strange to think about Tom Riddle loving anyone. After everything he did it's understandably difficult to think that any one loved him in return.

Tom met Anna at the orphanage when he was eight. She was five when her parents died in a car crash and was six when she finally came to the orphanage. At first he couldn't be bothered with her. She was just another child in his personal hell.

He saw her play with the other kids and felt the familiar taste of contempt rise in his throat. She was just like the rest of them, he thought. He never knew what she was doing for him; he didn't know that when the other kids would talk about him and call him names she was silencing them. She was defending a boy she didn't know.

It was about a month after her arrival when they finally met. She was playing with the other children across the room while he was starring at the wall in sulking anger. Why was he never invited to play?

"hey," the voice came from behind him where the children were. At first he thought they were talking to each other but then it continued, "hey Tom!". He turned in confusion to see her stand up among them, looking at him.

She smiled when he looked at her, "Tom you have to clear the record for us"
He frowned looking at her closely. She was small in frame with a thick main of black curls cascading down her back. Her skin was pale like his but hers didn't have the same sickly green undertone that his did. Her's seem to glow; warmth under the snow. Her eyes where what held him though; an amazing light blue with what looked like purple fire wrapping around her pupil. They were amazing, hypnotizing eyes.

"what do you mean?" he asks standing up and facing her.

"they say you're evil" she said gesturing to the kids behind her. "I told them that you're not but they don't believe me still." he grew angry then. Not at her but at the kids who said those things. But then he pause in his rage; she didn't believe them, she didn't think he was evil.

Maybe she wasn't the same as them.

"why don't you believe them?" he asked her suddenly, "why don't you think I'm evil"

She smiled again, "you cant be evil when you're little, only-" she paused thinking "-only bad" she decided with a smile.

"isn't that the same thing?" he asked and she shook her head.

"adults can be evil" she said. "kids don't know any better that's why they are bad. You can be a bad boy without being evil Tom." no one ever believed in him like she did; no one has since.