‹ Prequel: I Love the Way You Lie
Sequel: Worldwide

His Only Love

Children Cant Be Evil

sixteen years later Harry Potter was standing in his headmasters office. He was confused by what the old man had just said.

"say that again professor, I'm not sure I heard you right"

"we are going to learn about Toms' only love" Dumbledore said again.

"I hope you mean his love of death" Harry retorted.

"no" he laughed. "believe it or not Harry, Voldemort loved a woman and she loved him"

"how can anyone love him?!" he demanded in disgust. "after everything he's done?"

"she loved him before all that Harry," the old man chuckled. "and she was gone by the time he turned truly evil"

"I thought the point of all this was to show me that he was always evil"

"oh no Harry just the opposite I want to show you that even Voldemort was once human" he went to the memories and pulled out a small bottle whose contents seemed to almost glow golden under the silver shell of the strand. He pulled out one of the many strands Harry now saw in the glass vile and placed it in the pensive. They fell into the memory and Harry recognized Voldemort immediately but there was someone with him. A little girl no more than ten with long black curls falling around her face. They were standing on a beach looking out at the ocean. Harry could even see the ghost of a smile on the young Tom's face.

"I missed this," she said to him, "while you were at school. I missed spending time with you"

"I missed you to Anna" he said softly looking sideways at her. "Hogwarts would be even greater if you were there with me"

"but it's a school for people like you Tom" she laughed. "you are so smart. I'll never be smart like you." she looked at him, "you like it there, don't you?"

He really smiled now, "it's like a home I never dreamed of, It's amazing Anna"
"I'm glad" she said, her blue and purple eyes lighting up at the delight on her friends face.

The memory ended and Harry was back in the dusty office. He looked at Dumbledore in confusion. "that was so... Normal" he said. "a normal conversation between normal kids"

"this is what I was trying to tell you Harry" he said looking back at the vile of memories. "Voldemort is truly evil but Tom... Tom was just a little boy. Anna put it in a way I very much agree with"

"and whats that?"

"children cant be evil" he smirked.