Status: Just started it.

Hold Your Head High

The Most Beautiful Bitter Fruit

Many days later, I stand in front of the mirror, groaning. It's the day I've dreaded for the past few days: the day we go back to school. I admit, it'll be better now that Andy is there with me, but still, school fucking sucks. I decided to dump my usual look and go for something different, something that I feel is more me. To be honest, I think I look fucking good.

At that moment, Andy walks out of the bathroom, looking good enough to eat. The want in my eyes is completely mirrored in his the moment that he looks at me.

"Do you like it?" I ask with a teasing smile, twirling around to show myself off. In seconds, he's sauntered over and wrapped me in his arms. "I fucking love it," he breathes out. But before anything can happen, I get a text and we both groan.

"Come on, we've gotta go to school," I tell him, looking up from the text from my brother. His big blue eyes widen and he pouts. "Why do we have to go? We don't even really have to! I mean, I already have a job laid out for me and--"

"And what? What about me, hm?" I start. He doesn't respond, only stares down at me, pleadingly. "Look, let's just get through this day, and then we'll come home, and you'll have me completely to yourself. Do we have a deal?"

He nods with a smirk, leaning down to whisper in my ear. "Deal."

;-;-;-;-;-;

About an hour later, I immediately regret the decision to go to school as a migraine suddenly hits me hard. "Is there a problem, Amethyst?" the teacher asks. I nod and hold my head, wincing at the sound of his voice.

"Yeah, I have a migraine, can I go to the nurse?" I question quietly. He nods, gesturing to the hall pass and turns back to the class, droning on about something I don't care about. Once I get into the hall, I send a quick text to Andy, telling him to meet me in the nurse's office. I feel like shit right now, and all I wanna do is cuddle.

A few minutes later, I'm the in the middle of the nurse's office, laying down on a cot, snuggling into my Dom. I stare up at him through my lashes while he looks down at me with a soft smile.

"Do you wanna go home?" he asks quietly, running a hand through my hair. I nod slightly, resting my head on his chest. Suddenly, he picks me up and I squeak, caught off guard, but he chuckles and continues to walk out of the school and into his car. It's only minutes later that we're back home, laying together on the bed. Within seconds, sleep finds me, and I gladly accept it.

;-;-;-;-;-;

Sudden shakes wake me from my slumber and I shoot up, looking around for the source of the interruption. Andy stares at me, looking almost frightened. What, do I have something on my face?

"Um, what's wrong?" I ask hesitantly. My question is only met with a point to the mirror near us. I look up to it and gasp. What the fuck?

I don't think that I had completely blood red eyes and huge, leathery wings before I went to sleep.

"When the fuck did this happen?!" I exclaim, getting a little freaked out. "It just happened. You started writhing in your sleep, and then the wings just sort of... came out of your back," Andy says.

"Oh, god, I've gotta call my parents and see what the fuck's going on here. Y'know, I know I'm supposed to be freaking out and stuff right now, but you know what?"

"What?" he answers.

"These wings looking fucking sick.
♠ ♠ ♠
[Title: The Most Beautiful Bitter Fruit by La Dispute]

outfit

SHIT. Sorry, guys. Got a little sidetracked there. For like a year. Whoops. Just so much other shit on the side. A 15 year old girl can only handle so much, ya dig? I'm also doing two other stories so I don't know how this is going to go. I legitimately had to go back and reread the entire story because I don't remember anything ;-;

Follow me on tumblr, yo.