Status: Just started it.

Hold Your Head High

Business As Usual

As the lunch bell rings, I grab the few things I brought from home out of my backpack and walk outside to a deserted tree away from everything else. I take out my iPod and bring my legs up to my stomach, wrapping my arms around my legs and putting my head on my knees. I take a bite into the horrible stuff we call food. I don’t see how everyone else can eat this shit and I eat it like I do everyone other day—with a grimace on my face. I finish my “food” and start to sketch in my notebook, not noticing as time passes and I’m left behind.

A hand rips my notebook out of my hand and I look up at the person—a jock, wonderful—with desperate eyes as he just smirks and slaps me. I gasp and hold my face. Ow. That really hurt. My eyes start to water and he really lets loose on me. For no reason. What is it with all of these jocks and their hate for me?

“Fucking stupid ass bitch, vampire wanna be,” he spits out as he punches my stomach a few more times, then walking away and throwing my notebook at my face. I deposit my notebook, then I cough and slowly get up, limping my way towards my next class as the bell rings. Might as well go ahead and pass high school and get the hell out of here as soon as I can. Life isn’t easy for a human in this world. Little did I know that while I was being beat up and limping towards my next class, there was a certain blue-eyed Dominator watching the whole ordeal.

I show my schedule to the next teacher as he smiles weakly at me and I smile weakly back, sitting in the back corner, like all my other classes. I grab my stomach and sides as they erupt in pain and groan so quietly that no one can hear it, then start to try to take notes. But I can barely think when all of the pain is attacking at once. My eyes roll back into my head as unconsciousness takes over and I fall from my desk.

--

I wake up to a slow, consistent beep of a machine and notice that I’m in a hospital bed. Why would I be in a hospital bed? I expected to wake up still in the class room. I notice that no one’s in the room—surprise surprise—and press the nurse button. A fertile nurse rushes into my room. I look at her confusedly. My vision is so much clearer.

“Oh! You’re awake!”

I nod. “Y-Yes ma’am.”

She giggles. “I think we should probably get the doctor into the room.”

She walks out of the room and returns a few minutes later with a nice-looking doctor.

“Hello, Amethyst,” he greets.

I wave to him softly. “Hi.”

“Well, I’m sure that you’re probably very confused about what’s going on.”

I nod. “Just a little. My vision is like a billion times clearer and I just feel different.”

“Let me start at the beginning. See, when you passed out, a Dom carried you in and we
found out that your appendix had erupted and we saw that your insides didn’t look at all like human insides. So, it turns out that you are actually a fertile with a giant spell on you. The spell made you have the features of a human, and the humans you stayed with all these years gave you the human scent so that no one would get suspicious. But, these days, we found out a way to reverse it and get rid of it, so you have your fertile features and scent back. When you were young, there was a huge kidnapping of fertile and you were one of them. So, now you are a full fertile. We’re completely sure of who your real parents are and they’ve been contacted and will be here as soon as they can,” he says as I just stare at him speechlessly.

I’m… a fertile? How… there’s no way a worthless whore like me could be a glamorous fertile. If you didn’t know, fertile get treated like fucking princesses.

“Wait. A Dom brought me in?” I ask, incredulous.

“Yes. A Dom with bright blue eyes and black teased hair. I know his parents very well—
Andrew is a very nice young man,” he says.

Holy shit. A Dom with blue eyes and black hair? I think I know who it was. But why would--

“So, the pain from taking off the spell would have been so horrible for you, we put you into a drug induced coma until you healed and the spell wore off. You’ve been out for about five days now, but you can go home whenever you want to. Your real parents are supposed to be here in a few minutes, they just arrived downstairs. Your human parents have not been notified—from the bruises on your skin, we could tell that it was best.”

I nod. “Thank you.”

He nods and smiles softly at me. “You’re welcome.”

After a few minutes of lying in my bed and just absorbing everything, two vampires burst into
my room and gasp.

“My baby!” the male fertile (with some of my features and my eyes) shouts and runs towards me, hugging me tightly. I hug him back. I can remember everything about him and daddy now.

“Momma…” I whisper in his ear.

He pulls away and wipes away some tears.

“Oh, God, baby, I missed you so much… I’m so sorry! I turned my back for one second, and
you were gone with a bunch of other fertile babies! It’s my entire fault…” he says.

I shake my head and hug him tighter. “No, momma. It’s not your fault. I love you, momma. It was just a mistake.”

He just sobs into my shoulder and I sob into his. Now that I remember my parents, I can’t believe how much I missed them. He lets go a few minutes later and my daddy grabs my gently, hugging me.

“Daddy…” I say into his ear.

“I missed you, daddy.”

“I missed you, too, baby. I missed you so much. You don’t know how hard it was on your momma and me,” he says, looking me in the eyes.

“It was so horrible, daddy… so horrible,” I say while sniffling still.

“I’m so sorry, baby. But, now you’re back, and we’ll never let you slip through our grasp again. Get dressed and we’ll bring you home,” Daddy says.

I nod. “Okay.”

I look at the eyes that are identical to mine that belong to my momma and bring him back
into a hug. “I love you, momma.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Title - "Business As Usual" by Coma Cinema
THIS SONG IS AMAZING. listen. to. it. right now, right here. please? XD seriously, it's an amazing song. so, yeah. i dunno. enjoy. hopefully. comment. or not. it's all good.
lamps, llamas, and Coma Cinema,
Sarah xo