Status: Just started it.

Hold Your Head High

Mykonos

As we drive home, my parents start to tell me everything about me. My birthdate was the same and stuff, but my last name is actually Thunder. I was kidnapped when I was two at the park along with a bunch of other fertile babies and toddlers. I also have three brothers—a Dom and two fertiles. Their names are Sparrow (the Dom), Symphony (the fertile), and Felix (Symphony’s twin brother). After hearing about them, I’m pretty excited to meet them.

“Also, we’ll be having a little get-together tonight for the celebration of your homecoming,” Momma says.

I nod and giggle a little. “Who will be there, momma?”

“Just a few close friends from our clan. You’ll see,” he says with a smile. I smile back and
start to look out the window, taking in everything that we pass.

Soon, we pull up to an amazing house and I gasp as I look at it. Holy shit, it’s amazing. We get out of the car, and I see three figures running towards me. I squeak and giggle as they all attack me with hugs and kisses on the cheek and face. We all pull away a minute later and momma puts a hand on each of their shoulders as he introduces them.

“Okay, boys, this is Amethyst. Amethyst, this is Sparrow,” he puts a hand on the shoulder of Sparrow,
“Symphony,” he motions towards Symphony, “and Felix.” He motions towards the remaining fertile, Felix. I smile and wave softly towards each of them.

“They’re all around your age. Sparrow is 16, and Felix and Symphony are 15,” Momma says and I nod.

Daddy and Sparrow start to take my luggage that somehow got into the car and us four
fertiles start to walk toward the house, murmuring and catching up the whole time. Momma shows me to my room—when he heard that I’d been found, he redid it and it looked fucking amazing. It was a deep purple color with a black and white bed and white furniture, then a purple rug.

“Well, you should probably be getting ready for the get together soon.”

I nod and look at Momma with an exasperated look. He giggles.

“You need to dress fancily and when we heard that you were found, I did a little shopping while we were waiting for the plane and it’s in the closet for you.”

I hug him. “Thank you so much, Momma.”

He giggles. “Anything for you, Ame. I missed you so much. I feel like ever since you’ve been
kidnapped, there was a little gap in my heart, and now that you’re back, my heart feels back to normal.”

“Me, too. Even when I was still happy with the humans, I didn’t feel whole. Now I do.”

He smiles and starts to open the door to walk out. “Well, I’ll leave you to start to get ready. Be
ready by seven.”

I nod and he shuts the door softly. I plug my iPod up to my laptop and start to play some music while getting ready. One of my favorite songs comes on, Mykonos by Fleet Foxes, and I start to softly sing it and get in the shower, where I let loose and start to sing it more passionately. I finish my shower soon and dry my hair, putting a towel around my slim body. I pull out some fancy clothes while blow drying my hair and singing along to another song, Belispeak by Purity Ring. I look at the clock; 6:15. I still have plenty of time.
Forty-five minutes later, I look at my reflection in the mirror and smile softly. I looked alright, in my eyes. There’s a knock on my door and I pull it open to see my momma standing there with a smile. He takes a look at me and gasps.

“You look so beautiful in a dress,” he says, tears forming in his eyes. I giggle and hug him.
He sniffles softly and smiles at me. “Okay. Everyone’s ready for you; are you ready for them?”

I nod. “I’m ready.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Title - "Mykonos" by Fleet Foxes
woo. yeah. hi. i don't know. poo. comment. enjoy. hopefully.
Fleet Foxes, foam, and ponchos,
Sarah xo