Status: Just started it.

Hold Your Head High

M79

I wake up to my momma shaking me awake for school and I groan, rubbing my eyes. I look over at the clock. 6:30. It was time to get up anyway. Oh, well. Momma leaves my room and I start to get dressed for school today, mostly throwing random shit on. I look down at my outfit and smile. I look alright.

After having a wonderful breakfast of AB positive and some of my momma’s blood, I get into the car with my brothers and we head to school. At the door, we all link together and smirk as everyone stares at us, but more me. Well, why wouldn’t they be, seeing as I was a human the last time I was here? I walk to my first class successfully and sit down in a chair, surprising the teacher when he looks up and sees my obviously fertile vampire face. He looks at me with a questionable look and I just shrug and send him a small smile. He smiles back slightly and goes back to grading papers. I start to doodle on my page and zone out a few minutes later.

As someone taps on my shoulder, I nearly have a spaz attack and end up falling out of my chair, leaving nearly the whole class laughing as I pick myself up. I look up and playfully glare at Andy because he was the one to snap me out of my reverie. He just chuckles at me and looks back at some of his friends, I guess.

“Hey, Ame,” he greets.

I huff at him playfully, but send him a small smile. “Hey. What’s up?”

He shrugs. “Nothing much. Just wanted to introduce you to my friends. This is Ashley, and
his mate Christian. And there’s Gerard over there in a little puddle of his own self misery because his mate isn’t in this class. His mate is Frank. Then, there’s Jinx and his mate, Sammi. There are some others, too, but they’re not in this class. Guys, this is Amethyst, and she’s really cool,” he says, introducing us to each other. I smile at each other them and they smile back.

“Dude, wasn’t she…” Ashley starts off.

“A human? Yeah. It’s a long story,” I say.

Andy turns to his friends. “I’ll tell you later.”

Then the intercom and says that we’ll be going into the auditorium now for the mating ceremony of this year. We all get up and I can notice Andy’s nervousness. I reach for him and rub his back a little.

“Hey, don’t be nervous. I’m sure that you’ll get a pretty cool mate,” I say in attempt to calm him down. He just shoots me a little half smile.

“Yeah, I guess…”

He goes backstage with a few other Doms and the rest of us go through the doors, sitting on our pre-arranged sides. Vampires on the right, humans on the left. I sit down next to some of the guys in my class that Andy introduced me to and I notice a hyper little fertile run up to Gerard and they share a long, passionate kiss which I inwardly ‘aww’ to. So, this must be Frank. I chuckle a little and they pull apart. Frank takes a seat next to me and we start talking while waiting for this to start.

“So, you’re the famous Amethyst?”

I nod. “I must be. I’m not famous, but I’m Amethyst.”

He giggles. “Oh, from how Andy just fawns over you, you must be pretty amazing.”

I start to blush a little. He fawned over me? I shake my head a little and giggle. The lights dim and all of the Doms walk out onto the stage, standing in the middle. There are a row of six elders sitting in the front of the stage, holding a long list of names, I would guess. One of the elders clears his throat and everyone quiets down. He first calls out the name of the first Dom and the fertile that he’s assigned to.

“Bob Bryar and… Ray Toro!” The first guy—Bob—steps out a little and waits until a guy with a
fucking awesome afro walks up and they stand together, talking for a minute, before holding hands and walking offstage.

The list goes on and on until it finally comes to Andy, who’s in the middle.

“Andrew Biersack and… Amethyst Thunder!”

I freeze in my seat, shocked. I’m mated to… Andy. Well, shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title - "M79" by Vampire Weekend
hey :D woo. decided to post a short chapter today and write a (hopefully) better chapter tomorrow. I'm doing this with this story and my other story. woot. I love you :D comment? listen to this amazing song called A Shrine/An Argument by Fleet Foxes?
Vampire Weekend, Fleet Foxes, and poop,
Sarah xo