Sequel: Times Are Changing

Vital

Monique Jensen.
A name that demands attention, right? Wrong. I do not care for popularity, or to be one of those "cool" people. I just want to get done with High school and do whatever I have to do to find my own happiness. I suppose you could call me a "druggie", "low life" or any other demeaning name if it would help you sleep better at night. I like to consider myself as someone that enjoys a little fun with substances. I pass my classes, and I don't sneak out. I do as my parents ask. Hell they're not even home half the time to even notice if I was on something anyways. So what's the problem? I'm not dead yet. The only thing I am grateful about is the students at my school know which little group not to talk about, because no one likes messing with the wrong crowd. Especially since rumors spread around that a friend of mine "killed" someone and the authorities couldn't find the body. Well, least they aren't always in our business at least. We'll let them believe what they wish.

David Porter.
A name that demands popularity, right? Correct. He is someone that absolutely adores the lime light. He'll take credit for anything good, even bad if it means he's the center of attention. We were raised together, our parents both young and naive when they became pregnant. Every best friend wants their children to be just that, best friends. In our case, more than that.They would control our lives, and arrange our marriage if that were even legal. To their dismay it isn't. His mom wont admit to herself that she raised a bully, a guy that I don't think any woman that has respect for herself will love. That's just something our parents will have to cope with. Considering our father's could really care less.

Nathan Phelps.
A name that well... I'm not even sure. The sickening part about the fact that I already know his name, is the fact everyone knew his name right when he registered, before he even had a chance to step foot in the school. Actually, he hasn't even gone to the stupid school yet! The weekend isn't over. The fact that the popular students and everyone that aspired to be like David and his friends, were so concerned to know all the "hot news" before it even broke out is sickening. I don't think the poor kid can even make a name for himself. I'm sure David's close friend, who's father also happens to work for the school, already got his records and read about him. Pathetic.