Sequel: Times Are Changing

Vital

Informed of a possible move.

The sound of my dad's engine let us know that he was finally leaving. My mom decided to stay home, for some unknown reason. However, that didn't affect Gabriella and I as we hung out.

"Not to bring it up, but I wonder what everyone is going to say. It kinda is a big thing," she muttered, nervously shifting her eyes to me then away. I took in a deep breath and hung my head low.

"I know," I whispered. "I hate David right now."

"Well, I mean. I'm sure he was smashed too," she admitted, as if that made it any better.

"Come on, Gaby. To him?" I quietly cried out, wiping my eyes. I went to my little radio that has a few busted knobs and the volume cant be turned down so it's always loud, and turned it on.

"Trust, he's foine," she giggled with a wink.

"He's the enemy," I remind, at which she laughed.

"You and your silly denial," she said, shaking her head.

"Denial?" I repeated, then snorted. "You wish."

"It's not wishing when it's the truth," she corrected.

"Oh hush," I hissed, shifting my eyes to the door.
"I just didn't want it to be him."

"Maybe you two will date now?" She suggested, laying back on my bed.
"Maybe you two will have babies."

"Stop right there!" I screamed, darting my head in her direction.
"Don't go jinxing me with your nonsense bullshit."

"Ayo bitch, calm yo ass down it's just wishful thinking," she mused, the biggest grin on her face. I swear she looked so evil right now, and it pissed me off. I could hear my mom calling my name, but I chose to ignore it.

"Besides, you're supposed to get knocked up before me. Like some Maury shit," I teased. The smile immediately faded and her eyes narrowed.

"You have balls," she quietly growled. "Big ones at that."

"Radda, radda," I mocked, her once big grin now on my face.

"Anyways, your mom is calling you," she informed.

"Ugh," I groaned, standing up with a huff.
"I'll be back."

"I shall pray for you," she mused, moving her hands in a cross formation.

"You're so going to hell, Gabriella." I laughed, then left the room. I took in a deep breath and braced myself, before facing her. Not that she couldn't see me of course, considering we live in this SMALL house. "Yeah?"

"Come here," she sighed. I slowly took a seat next to her and stared at her mixed emotions. Her eyes not looking at one set thing as she looked around the floor frantically.

"What's wrong?" I ask, my brows naturally pulling together in confusion.

"Well, I don't know how to tell you this." Taking a deep breath she finally shifted her eyes to mine. "But, we might be moving soon."

"Why?" I calmly reply, letting it settle in.

"Because this house is becoming expensive, your father and I need to move closer to work so that we aren't gone for days at a time. Even if it is with family, I don't want you here alone all the time, and it's just...we need to," she confessed, looking at her hands now.

"Okay," I whisper. I stood up and nodded my head a couple of times.
"Just, ugh. Let me know if it's, um. Going to happen or not."

"I shall sweetie," she promised, a small smile appearing on her lips. She looked tired, and stressed. Her young face getting slight wrinkles that every mother hates. She's only thirty two, she should quit stressing.

"Oh my gosh!" Gabriella basically tackled me in a hug, tears threatening her eyes.
"I can't live without you! You can't leave me!"

"Gaby!" I hollered, trying to pry her off me.
"It's not even official."

"Since when does your mom tell you things that aren't going to happen?" She made a good point. I slowly took a seat, really considering the chances of us having to move. I've basically lived in this little house my whole life.

"Are you going to be alright?" Gabriella questioned, taking a seat next to me. Both of us staring around the room.

"Yeah," I whisper. "I really have nothing to say about it. I mean, a part of me is kind of happy."

"How can you be happy?" She hissed, betrayal written on her face.

"Gabriella, this place isn't good for me. I love you dearly, trust me. You should know this, but David has gotten too much. The people at our school are too much," I sighed, looking at her with sincerity. "I love you like a sister I've always wanted."

"I know, but Monique. Aren't I worth it to stay?" She pouted, tears forming in her eyes.

"I'll still come and visit!" I exclaimed, but she just stood and let out a deep breath.

"I need to think about this. I really don't know what to say," she stated, grabbing her stuff.

"Gaby," I calmly called her name. Bewildered that she would stoop to this level.

"No, Monique! You are my only friend here!" She screamed, tears falling down her cheeks. "We have been best friends for so long! So fucking long! Now I'm going to lose you? I wont have you anymore? I can't handle it."

"Gabs!" I cried out again.

"I'll see you at school." With that she stormed out of my room. I didn't even bother to chase after her, instead I just sat there confused. I closed my eyes tightly and let out a sharp breath. I didn't expect me possibly moving to have affected her so much. It wasn't even set in stone.

"Monique?" My mom quietly knocked on the door and opened it.

"Yeah?" I wiped my tears and smiled up at her.

"I am sorry," she apologized, her lips curving downwards.
"Gaby wont be mad forever, sweetie."

"It's not even official yet," I reminded, at which my mom nodded.
"And I"m sorry you heard that."

"It's a small house, when someone screams, it's bound to echo." She lightly laughed then let out a deep breath afterwords when I didn't join.

"Gabriella is my only friend," I mutter.

"Like you told her, Mojo. You will come and visit, I'll make sure of that," she promised. I furrowed my brows and looked up at her.

"Wait," I choked out. "This is set in stone, huh?"

"Monique," she calmly said my name.

"Mom," I replied, with all seriousness. "Don't beat around the bush, is this an official thing?"

"Not for a couple of months," she reasoned.

"Couple?" I repeat, my breathing slowing down.

"We want you to come with us next weekend or something to look at a few places," she added. "You'll like them dear."

"Yeah," I whisper.

"We'll be renting for a while, until your father's new job picks up." New job?

"Realty isn't doing it for you guys anymore?" I ask, staring at the floor now.

"It's not profitable," she explained. "Not like they make it out to be, you have to have a good economy and such to make reasonable paychecks. You know how we only get paid on commission, and sometimes it's months before we even close an escrow. Then months til we can find another client a place, or even find one. No one wants to go to the small office we work at, Monique. You understand, right?"

"Yeah, of course. I'm not going to be cliche and throw a fit," I assure.
"Though it does suck."

"Language," she scolded.

"Sorry," I apologized, chewing the inside of my lip.
"If I get a job though, and help..."

"Don't suggest that! Your school is your job and once you graduate you can look for one! We will not have you working because of this!" She yelled, bewildered that I would even suggest such a thing.

"But I can help!" I reasoned, having a stare down with my own mom.

"Why would you find a job out here when we're planning on moving? It would be a waste," she rudely stated and walked out. I rolled my eyes and laid back on my bed. This was bull shit. I can help them with the bills, why wouldn't she want that? Then again, I fight within myself on wanting to move and not wanting to.

...

Sunday morning. We don't attend church, I can't even recall ever going to one in my younger days. So, I used today to sleep in. I finally got out of bed at noon, swiftly and slowly making my way to the bathroom and showered. Once I was finished, I walked to our little twenty inch TV and watched a bit to see if anything good was on.

"Why don't you go out today?" My dad suggested, coming into the room with a warm smile.

"Yeah," I scoffed. "Where would I go?"

"Hang out with Gaby?" He suggested, with a shrug.

"If mom didn't tell you, she only wants to see me at school right now. She's upset," I inform, rolling my eyes. My mom tells him everything, so of course he already knew that.

"Then what about Cayden? I haven't seen that boy in a long time, are you two still friends?" He inquired, trying his best not to upset me.

"He's probably busy too, with his mom or something." I shrug.

"That's his mom?" My dad rose his brows. "I thought she was his sister."

"I know, she had him at like twelve or something." I laugh.

"Huh." My dad's head nodded for a second then he let out a deep breath.
"How about Aiden?"

"Aiden, dad, really?" I closed my eyes tightly then let out a deep breath.
"He moved, remember?"

"Oh yeah." He weakly smiled, knowing he keeps striking out.
"And David?"

"I don't even like David," I growl, getting annoyed now.

"I thought you asked him on a date?" He questioned, furrowing his brows.

"He can shove that invitation some where unpleasant," I hiss. Then sweetly looked at my father with a smile. "I'm fine, trust me dad. Watching the History channel is a good way to spend my Sunday. What are your plans?"

"I am meeting a lovely couple to look at this property," he stated.
"You're welcome to come?"

"No thanks," I politely decline. It's rather boring to go look at property, and I'm uninterested at the moment to go look at houses. I have all next weekend or whatever to do that.

"Monique," he sighed, taking a seat. "I know this is hard for you, but please don't sulk."

"Dad, don't worry." I grinned. "Part of me is excited, another part not so much. Can we bring Gabriella with us?"

"Her parents wouldn't like that very much," he laughed, and rustled my hair.
"I'll see you later, I'm already going to be late."

"Have fun!" I holler, watching him leave. My mom was already gone, probably to tell her best friend. I took in a deep breath and released, looking around the room. Usually I am hanging out with Gabriella, or doing drugs. But since neither are available, I really don't know what to do with myself right now. So I went back to bed.

My parents came home later on, at the same time, with Chinese food. I took a seat eating some chow mien and listened to their conversation.

"This one is beautiful," my mom commented, biting her bottom lip and glanced at my father for a sign of his reaction.

"I think it's nice too," he muttered, wiggling his lips together and squishing up his nose.

"What's wrong with this one?" She breathed out heavily, which was a sign she was getting annoyed with every denial my father has made so far.

"I just think it doesn't compare to this one, not so home-y looking." He shrugged, glancing towards me.

"But it's a two story, and has a balcony at both of the rooms," she pointed out, as if that would make a difference. "Not to mention we'd have our own bathroom."

"Honey, I would rather see the places than look at pictures. I'd get a better feel for them, I just don't want to do this right now." He looked down at his food with a sigh. "I am going to miss Henry."

"Oh gosh," she scoffed. "He will be fine without you."

"Hey!" He yelled. "Don't. You got to hang out with your best friend all day, and I had to work, alright?"

"Fine," she caved. Usually my mom is such a head strong person, she never gives in. None the less, their conversation became boring; so I put my dishes away then went to my room. Ignoring them bicker about the next picture of a house she wanted to go see and turned on the radio.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooooh!!! Monique might be moving!!! DUN DUN DUN! :D