Sequel: Times Are Changing

Vital

New school and familiar faces.

Gabriella and Cayden came over, both of them helping me pack.

"I wish you didn't have to move," Connect muttered, eying my now almost empty room down.

"I know," I groaned. It's four in the afternoon and I couldn't go to school because of the fight.

"Did they find a house?" Gabriella sniffled, her eyes filled with tears.

"We're staying at some cheap hotel, and I'll be sleeping on the floor as punishment. Until we can find a place," I sigh, looking at my hands.

"Will we still talk?" Gaby whined, looking away as tears fell down her cheeks.

"Of course!" I exclaimed, embracing her in a hug. "Why would I not talk to you?"

"Expect her down here almost every weekend," my mom said, appearing out of no where.

"What?" I ask. Gabriella was ecstatic as is Cayden.

"Yes, you will be staying at David's almost every weekend. They can visit you there if they wish," she explained, giving a weak smile and walked off. What the hell would I be staying at David's for? I turned back to my friends and let out a sharp breath.

"Looks like you couldn't get rid of David from your life," Connect mused.
"Maybe you can do the humpty dance again."

"Shut up," I demanded. "He knows I dislike him."

"Oh yeah, the whole reason for that fight with Chelsea is proof." They both laughed and I just stared at them.

"You two are outrageous!" I hollered, flabbergasted by their immaturity.
"I am moving, and you two are just joking about my sex life."

"Someone has too," Cayden chuckled. I glared at him then glanced at Gabriella.

"You two better get to David's every Saturday, like afternoon or evening to come see me. Understand?" I demand, they both nod. "Good."

"Who knows, maybe they'll get married." Connect and Gabriella continued their gossip.

"Out, out!" I ordered, lightly pushing them towards the door.
"Go about your business now."

"Yeah, yeah." They both stalked out of the house, howling with laughter and shut the door behind them. Leaving my relatively empty house silent. I stood with tears in my eyes, gulping down a lump in my throat as all the walls were bare; no more family pictures.

"Monique?" My mom muttered, placing her hand comfortingly on my back. I slightly glanced at her then returned my attention to the empty house.

"We literally packed this all up yesterday, late tonight, early this morning and look how empty it is." I choke on my own words, we didn't own that much stuff, however it still made this place home.

"I know darling," she whispered, kissing the top of my head. "I know."

....

The drive was silent, the back of my dad's truck was filled with our luggage. We are renting a storage unit, that has all our big furniture and stuff in it. David's family is helping us out a great deal as well, which was annoying and that's probably why I have to go there every weekend. Amy, David's mom, is in love with me.

"When are we going to get there?" I ask, tapping my fingers against the window. The rain was getting harder the further we went into this new town. We've spent an hour so far on the road.

"We're almost there," he groaned, annoyed at my questions. "It's your fault we're moving so fast, so you shut up back there."

"Yes, dad." I hung my head low, then listened to my iPod. I closed my eyes and suddenly the car stopped. I looked out, squinting my eyes in hopes to see through the rain and saw the faint lit up sign saying 'open' to a Motel.

"Stay close with me," my mom ordered. We all got out and grabbed suit cases, then headed to the inside. My dad went to the counter, smiled at the elder man behind it and got the room. We went inside, and the smell of dead animal filled my nostrils.

"Lovely," I whisper, dropping the luggage on the floor. There's a nice space in the closet that looked good enough for me, so I grabbed my pillows and blankets, then walked over there. I grabbed air freshener and sprayed a lot of it, then made my little bed.

"Tomorrow we go to the school!" My mom hollered, causing me to groan.

"Okay," I whisper. Not really excited to go see the stupid school that I will be attending now, however I should be a little more enthusiastic. There's a little shoe rack that I decided to use for my single pair of shoes that I own, along with my charger for my iPod, and my clothes for tomorrow.

"Good night!" My dad hollered, locking the hotel door and shutting the light off.

"Good night," I reply. The creaking of their bed echoed the room. I fluffed my pillow, rolled over and sharply exhaled. Sleep, sleep. Finally I passed out.

...

"Wake up!" My mom giggled in my ear. I shot up and glared at her, wanting to go back to sleep. "Monique, wake up now. Okay? Get dressed, and take a shower."

"Yes mom," I said, noticing that she has already showered. I went inside the bathroom with my change of clothes, towel and body supplies. I twist the knob to the shower, and listened to the obnoxious creaking noise of it. The thing shook, and the water came out in splurges, not even a steady stream. I felt the water and once it was warm, stripped my clothes and got inside, pulling the plastic curtains over.

The shower sucked. I got dressed and trying to brush my hair was a nightmare, due to the unsteady stream of water. I winced with each brush and glared in the general direction of the bathroom.

"Ready?" My mom was cheerful, bouncing around and sipping on her coffee. I stood up, ran my fingers through my hair one last time. Satisfied with myself, I nodded and we all left. The school we pulled up to was big like my old school. Very nice. But this time, uniforms. I glared at them and looked at my mom with hope.

"Can we leave?" I begged and she laughed.

"No darling," she teased. I closed my eyes tightly, gritted my teeth and followed my parents inside the office. They talked to the Principal alone, while I sat in the waiting room with an irritated expression.

"Hello." I glanced up to see a guy with emo hair.

"Hi?" I replied, turning away.

"You don't look too happy," he chuckled, taking a seat across from me.

"Tell me about it," I whisper.

"New here?" He asked, and I was shocked. At my school we know all the students, who is new and everything about them before they get here.

"Yeah," I answer with a smile. It was nice not worrying about being center of attention.

"Monique?" He questioned, my smile faded into a frown. Never mind.

"Yeah," I groaned, looking down at my hands and chewed my lip.

"It's me, Aiden." Suddenly I stopped what I was doing, and shifted my eyes to his.

"Aiden, Aiden?" I ask, at which he laughs.

"The only Aiden there is," he teased. He's skinny, like he always has been. Tall, and don't get me started on his hair.

"Why the look?" I ask, shifting my attention to his emo cut hair.

"Something new, my mom doesn't like it." He shrugged, touching the spiky-ness of the back. "Plus it's not something you usually see here, I like being different. And you?"

"My hair?" I ask, then snorted. "Common, simple, brush the bangs to the side is the only thing I worry about."

"Sounds laid back." I nodded.

"It is," I confirmed. His bright baby blue eyes stared into my whiskey colored ones.

"I haven't seen you in four years," he thought aloud. "Glad not much has changed personality wise."

"You'd be surprised," I whisper.

"How's David?" He inquired, leaning forward in his chair.

"Popular," I mutter. Aiden's brows raised and he laughed.

"Really? Football or something?" He casually questioned and I nodded.

"Aiden, what are you doing?" The lady behind the desk returned to her spot and glared.

"Noticed an old friend," he was honest in his answer as he stood up.
"Felt I'd give her a nice welcoming to our school."

"I appreciate the gesture, Aiden. But you should get back to class," she advised.

"Yes, ma'am." Aiden turned to me with a weak smile before leaving.
"See you around."

"Yeah," I mutter. The office door opened and my parents returned. I glanced up and they both smiled.

"You start school tomorrow once the paperwork is settled today," my mom explained, then turned to the female principal at this school. "We greatly appreciate it."

"Oh it's truly my honor, Mister Greys spoke highly of her." The new Principal shook my parents hands, smiled at me then disappeared into her office. I followed my parents out to our vehicle and glanced back at the school.

"Maybe it wont be so bad here," I thought aloud.

"And why is that?" My dad questioned, driving back to the hotel. Even though we could have walked.

"Aiden goes here," I answer. My mom stiffened and glanced over her shoulder at me.

"Did they really only move an hour away from us? And not one call?" She spat, disgusted and turned straight ahead. "That is more than beyond rude, Amy and I were so worried about her."

"Mom," I laugh.

"No, shush." I felt it wasn't best to tell my mom how Aiden's mom despises the two. I remember in eighth grade before they moved, Aiden's mom apologized for saying she hates my mom along with David's. I felt it was funny, because those two thought everyone loved them. So instead of busting my mom's bubble, I simply turned my music on and listened to it. Prepared for my first day of school tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmm.... Aiden, aye? Emo hair? Oh gosh....lol anyways hope you liked this chapter, although short. :]