Sequel: Times Are Changing

Vital

Someone like me.

Next day, I hurried to school. My parents didn't drop me off this time, saying it's because they need to hurry up on getting that house or at least being able to move in right now. I don't really know, nor do I care.

"Monique!" Katherin called as I approached the school, huffing and puffing.

"Hey," I greet, leaning forward. "That was a long run."

"Run?" She mused, a grin on her face. She pulled out her keys and smiled.
"Could've just asked me."

"Yeah, well I don't have money to pitch in for gas," I explain.

"I could easily pick you up some where closer at least, where do you live?" She inquired, as we both walked together inside the school. I scratched at the uniform and yanked on the bottom of my shirt.

"Some motel right now til we get this house," I inform. She looked at me with her brows raised and nodded her head.

"Sounds fun," she giggled.

"Yeah well when you get expelled right on the spot, kinda have to make due with what we have," I said with a shrug. She nodded and we joined Anthony. Aiden and Isabel soon appeared, neither of them talking.

"Ready for day two?" Anthony teased me, wrapping his arm around Kat.

"Totally," I reply with an evil grin.

"So where were you guys?" Anthony asked Aiden, shifting his eyes to Isabel.

"Talking," Aiden muttered, letting out a breath.

"Did you finally get what you've always wanted?" Anthony mused, he almost reminded me of a bully with his facial expressions and tone when he talked to Isabel. Kat smacked his arm then weakly smiled at her.

"Ugh!" Isabel exclaimed and stalked off. I stood there with my brows raised, and looked away.

"See you later," I mutter, walking off. I don't like drama, I don't want to be around it and I'd rather be alone. This group was becoming too dramatic, even on day two. Suddenly someone grabbed my arm and I turned to see Aiden. "Yes?"

"Sorry about earlier," he apologized.

"What?" I furrow my brows, confused at what he's talking about.

"Isabel and I are kind of like a thing," he explained. "The others don't know, and well she's jealous of you. It's sad really, because she doesn't know how to cope with it. Since you're single."

"Who said I'm single?" I giggle, with a shake of my head.

"So you have a boyfriend?" He didn't seem enthused by the idea, or even remotely positive; no wonder Isabel was so upset.

"Not exactly," I reply, frowning. "But she doesn't need to know that."

"Oh?" He grinned at the idea.

"I've got this," I assure, pecked his cheek and walked off.

...

Lunch time came around and I found Isabel.

"Hey!" I holler, but of course she ignored me. I grabbed her arm and she jerked around, pushing me; so I put my hands up in defense.

"Don't touch me," she spat, looking me over with disgust.

"Look. Aiden talked to me," I started to explain. Her facial expression softened and she stared at the floor. "I have a boyfriend, I'm visiting him almost every weekend back at home now that I've moved. So you don't have anything to worry about... Aiden is just a childhood friend."

"Really?" She glanced up at me and bit her bottom lip.

"Yeah," I replied with a nod. "So can we start over? I kinda don't like drama, like at all."

"Sure," she stuck her hand out and smiled. "I'm Isabel, call me Izzy."

"Monique, or you can call me anything that makes sense to that." I smiled as we both shook hands. We walked to the cafeteria together and stood in line. "So how come the others don't know?"

"Aiden talks about nothing but you, they're convinced he's going to find you and marry you. Which you found him," she groaned, with a roll of her eyes.

"That's childish," I mumbled, and she nodded.

"I personally think he loves the idea too," she whispered. "And that's why he just hasn't said anything to anyone."

"That's rude," I mutter.

"Tell me about it," she growled. No wonder she was a bitch to me. He's probably her first real boyfriend and she can't bask in the glory of it, because of me. I let out a deep breath and stared straight ahead. "So do you have a picture of your boyfriend?"

"Well," I stammer. I furrowed my brows and stared at the floor, think of something quick Monique. "We went to the same high school and saw each other every day. I didn't need a picture back then, but this weekend I'll try to get one."

"Awe, that'd be cute." She grinned, and grabbed some food. I grabbed a bag of chips, a bottle of soda and paid the lady before walking off with her. It was interesting to see that they had their own little spot much like what Gabriella and I had. I took a seat on the grass and stared at the sky, missing Gabriella so much.

"Are you okay?" Aiden questioned, taking a seat next to me.

"Yeah, I miss Gaby," I answer.

"Who?" He chuckled, taking a bite of an apple.

"My best friend," I explain, shifting my eyes to his. He almost seemed hurt by that statement.

"So we aren't best friends?" He teased, a weak smile on his face.

"I don't like having too many people close, Aiden." I gulped, stared at my hands then returned my eyes to his. "So no."

"Damn!" Anthony howled, receiving a slap from Katherin.

"Stop being a douche," she scolded, before sending me an apologetic look.

"Well that's assuring," Aiden whispered, looking away.

"It's not like that," I mutter. "It's just, ever since you left out of no where. I had no one. I coped with it, and kept only Gabriella around really, and Connect."

"Connect?" He questioned, at which I laughed.

"Don't ask," I advise then opened my bag of chips.

"No we love Connect!" Anthony bounced around, I glanced up and he kissed Katherin with excitement.

"We haven't met him, but Woodstock gives us our shit," Kat explained.

"You do drugs?" I turn my attention to Aiden.

"Sometimes," he whispered, nervously shifting his eyes to mine and then away.

"Well," I stood, brushing my pants off. "I happen to be a good friend of Connects."

"Really?" Isabel inquired, everyone looking at her weirdly.

"Yep," I smile. "He's a nice guy."

"Cool," she muttered, then shifted her eyes around everyone. "Stop fucking staring at me gosh."

"Sorry," Katherin apologized. I laughed and opened my soda.

"Well, I'll see you guys around." I wave and they all stared after me. I started drinking my soda and then caped it.

"Where are you going?" Aiden questioned, standing as well.

"I like being alone," I honestly answer. They stared at me with confused expressions.
"Sounds emo, but yeah. See you around." I wave and continued my journey.

"Hey!" Someone growled as I bumped into them. I rolled my eyes up into the direction of the voice and saw that Lombardi guy.

"Sorry," I whisper.

"It's you," he laughed. "What are you doing?"

"Walking?" I reply with confusion. Why did he ask such a dumb question?

"Yeah but why aren't you with your friends?" He chuckled, until he glanced over his shoulder and saw Whitney.

"I just want to walk, is that a crime?" I hiss when her presence was sensed.

"Why are you with her?" Whitney spat, looking me over.

"I'm asking the same question," I reply with a sharp nod. I look at him one last time then continued my journey to find a secluded area. I went up the stairs and found an empty hall, once there I saw a door that wasn't locked. I opened it and went onto the roof. I'm sure I can get in trouble for coming up here, but I'm going to anyways. I took a seat and stared out at the city.

"Hello?" I jump at the abrupt voice. Damn it, I'm caught.

"Hi?" I reply, glancing over my shoulder to see another girl.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, looking around nervously before sitting down.

"Wanted to be alone," I sigh. About to stand up.

"Same," she answered, her attitude seemed to calm me. We both sat in silence, the only noise was the crunching noise of us eating our chips and the gulps of drinking our sodas. I think I found my Gabriella in this school.

"What's your name?" I broke the silence and glanced at her.

"Lynn, and yours?" She replied, chewing on her sun chip.

"Monique," I answer and she nods. Another silence broke through, until this time she spoke.

"Why aren't you with Aiden and his friends?" She quietly inquired, pure curiosity in the tone of her voice.

"I don't like people," I whisper. She perked up at the answer and a small smile appeared on her face. "I don't like the drama, or any of their issues. I have enough at my house, and yeah."

"Same here," she muttered. Her voice was so quiet that if you weren't literally paying attention you would miss everything she'd say. It was refreshing to be around someone that was a lot like me. "I'm honestly tired of everyone wanting attention, it's pathetic really."

"Amen," I mused, and we both laughed. Even her giggles were silent. You know when you laugh so hard that barely any noise comes out, yeah that's what she sounded like.

"I'm always here at lunch, if you ever want to come back," she informed standing. The bell rang and I looked back at the city one last time before giving her my answer. But when I turned to say 'sure' she was already gone. I tossed my trash away and went to class, wondering who Lynn was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww Lynn. :D I like quiet characters.

Anyways, am I the only one who thinks this story is getting a bit boring? If so, lemme know.
If you're actually really liking it, please tell me. I'm getting discouraged to be honest. And in result will lead to like a week before I update again. >___< Thanks.