Sequel: Times Are Changing

Vital

Three days and three nights.

I didn't expect the next day at school to get so much attention over minor altercations to my uniform. But the shirt didn't go unnoticed as a few of the hormone driven boys stared. I zipped up my jacket and quickly went inside.

"Hey!" Katherin greeted, Tony's arm around her as well. Both of them smiling.

"How was Aiden's?" Tony teased, causing Kat to smack his arm.

"Cool," I answer with a shrug. Isabel narrowed her eyes at me for a moment when Aiden came into the school.

"Yo," he greeted, smiling at me. I returned the smile and we all walked around the school.

"So what did you guys do?" Tony insisted, casually glancing at Isabel with a smug look.

"Ate, and I mainly spent time with his mom," I answered. "I've missed her."

"She's missed you too," Aiden assured. I bit my bottom lip as we walked and let out a deep breath.

"The weekend is coming up! Woot! Party at my place, you down Mo?" Katherin questioned, bouncing around.

"I wont be here," I reminded. Had they forgotten already?

"Why not?" She pouted, answering my unasked question.

"I'm not going to be out here, remember?" I inquire, kind of annoyed.

"Oh yeah, your man," she sighed. "Have him come down here."

"I don't have a choice in the matter," I reply. The bell rang, so we all broke apart. Kat and I making our way to our room.

"So he wont come down here?" She frowned.

"My mom is sending me to him, plus we're in a motel at the moment. Not the best place," I remind yet again. Katherin made an 'O' with her mouth and nodded.

"Forgot," she basically apologized as we went inside and took a seat.

...

Lunch time came around and everyone hung out. I finished my bag of chips and stood.

"See you guys around," I excused myself.

"Leaving us at lunch again?" Aiden pouted, causing Isabel to roll her eyes.

"I already told you," I groan. Clingy people annoy me.

"Fine," he sighed, folding his arms across his chest. I waved to them and made my way to my lunch spot. I passed by Lombardi again, trying to ignore him and continue my way.

"Hey," he called. "I hear you're partners with Whitney and Bridgette?"

"And?" I retort, wondering what the big deal about that was.

"Kind of ironic," he said with a shrug.

"How so?" I groan.

"I didn't think you liked them?" He asked with a raised brow.

"I don't even know them," I correct. He smirked at that answer with a nod.

"I like that," he complimented, looking me over.
"Nice uniform change. Not so baggy now, aye?"

"Ugh," I groaned and pushed past him. He caught my arm and tilted his head to the side.

"It's rude to shove people, you know. I'd be more polite next time," he warned, tightening his grip on my arm.

"I'll keep that in mind," I spat and jerked my arm from him. I narrowed my eyes and continued my journey when Whitney passed by.

Once on the roof I felt better and took a seat. The presence of Lynn was comforting as I made myself comfortable next to her.

"Beautiful day, huh?" She asked, gazing out.

"A little," I reply with a small smile.

"It was said to rain today, of course they were wrong," she giggled.

"Aren't they usually?" I agree, and she nods. We both stared out when she turned her attention to me.

"I don't like that Kevin guy," she whispered.

"Kevin guy?" I repeat.

"Lombardi," she added. I made an 'O' with my lips and lightly nodded.

"Yeah he can be an ass," I thought aloud, only stating what I've noticed.

"Are your friends upset with you?" She mumbled, gazing at the clouds now.

"Who knows," I laugh. Then we both sat in silence, drinking our sodas and staring at the clouds.

...

Finally last period, I was ready to go home.

"Monique did you read any of the assignments that I assigned yesterday?" The teacher snootily questioned, staring at me.

"As a matter of fact I did," I answered, then proceeded to recite it. She narrowed her eyes with a huff before continuing her lecture for the rest of the class. I sat there smugly, leaning back in my chair as I stared at her. She really wanted to get under my skin but it wasn't going to work.

"Are you paying attention?" She snapped, standing before me.

"Yes," I growl.

"Go to detention," she rudely said before walking to the front of the class.

"What the hell for?" I spat.

"For cussing," she replied.

"I didn't cuss!" I exclaim, collecting my things.

"Hell is a cuss word in my class, miss Jensen. You'll do wise to remember that," she advised, then turned her back to me to write on the board. Everyone stared at me with their brows raised as I left the room. I went to detention and slammed the door open.

"What are you here for?" The security guard questioned, writing something down.

"Apparently hell is a cuss word," I reply. "I asked what the hell for, when she told me to go to Detention and then she said that." I didn't make much sense, however I didn't care.

"Got to love her," he chuckled, knowing which teacher I was talking about. I let out a breath and took a seat. I miss my old school more and more.

...

"I can't believe she did that," Katherin said as they found me. I swear they never leave me alone.

"I know right?" I growl, turning the opposite way of them.

"Where are you going?" Tony questioned, all of them stopped and gave me confused looks. Well except Isabel, she personally didn't care.

"I'm so heated, I feel like walking," I explain. They nodded and left me be. Finally. I walked to motel alone.

"I packed your things," my mom stated.

"Huh?" I quirk a brow.

"We have things to prep for this house, so tonight you're going to David's." I was completely shocked.

"I have school tomorrow, it's Friday. Can't I wait til after school?" I ask, taking a seat.

"No," she answered. "I can't have you alone in this motel, it isn't good."

"Fine," I gave in. I looked around the empty motel and let out a deep breath.

"Monique," she sighed.

"Yes?" I reply, glancing up at her.

"Please behave at David's," she begged. I closed my eyes and nodded.

"Three days wont be that bad," I smile. Three days, three nights. Great.

"Good sweetie, now brush your teeth. They'll be here any minute," she cooed. My father just chuckled at my mom's tactics. But that's why we love my mom, she's so overboard but keeps us entertained. She genuinely loves me and if I ever need anything she's there. Just that thought alone warms my heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D