Sequel: Times Are Changing

Vital

A surprisingly gift that receives rejection.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Gabriella immediately growled when she opened the door and her eyes landed on David. I weakly smiled and he simply chuckled.

"She's staying with me, remember?" He reminded and she rolled her eyes in my direction; staring at me for an answer.

"What he said," I muttered with a shrug.

"He could've easily gone with his friends, and you guys meet up- you know what, what ever. I've missed you!" She squealed and wrapped me in her arms. "So, so much!"

"Same here," I reply. I stayed in the embrace for a while and then we separated.
"So tell me, how's everyone doing?"

"Ugh," Gabriella grumbled then looked at David.

"What? You were doing just fine by acting like I wasn't here," he sarcastically said with a smirk.

"David," I whined and he slouched forward then started walking away. Gabriella went with me to the curb and we sat down. David sat next to me with a grin.

"If you say anything at school about anything," she threatened then turned to me.
"Samantha is driving me nuts!"

"Why?" I furrow my brows.

"Because she's getting all clingy, and she knows how I am! She saw me with John and got all jealous, 'n shit." She rolled her eyes and leaned forward, with her elbows on her knees.

"Do you even want to be with Sam?" I ask, and she turned her head to me, resting her cheek on her hand.

"Not like that," she honestly answered.
"She'd make a perfect girlfriend, I just don't want to be tied down."

"I see," I giggle.

"And how about you? Have you talked to Nathan?" She inquired, ignoring the looks David was giving.

"Nope," I state with a shrug. "I am at school with my old friend Aiden."

"Aiden?" David questioned, almost skeptical.

"Yeah," I turn to him with a smile. "Aiden goes to my new school."

"Oh and who is this Aiden? Huh?" She made a click sound with a wink.

"Shut up," I laughed.
"It's not even like that."

"But?" She quirked a brow.

"But?" I repeat, slightly confused.

"There's always a but, Monique," she said as if it were the most obvious thing ever.

"Like his butt butt? Or like a but he's something something?" We both stared at each other then started laughing.

"Stop, you know what I mean!" She exclaimed, holding her side.

"Fine, yes he is cute. No he doesn't have a butt, he's emo. So he like wears tight skinny jeans, even his uniform is custom made because his mom is a tailor. Like he does have a butt in the school jeans though, not sure. I never really looked," I rambled. Now it was bothering me, whether or not Aiden had a butt.

"Shouldn't even matter," David hissed. I glanced over at him with an amused expression, someone is jealous.

"Oh but it does," I correct.

"And why is that?" He replied, raising his brows.

"Because the hotness depends on the butt too," Gaby cut in with a grin.
"Guys have their rules, we have ours."

"Amen," I agree.

"So you look at Aiden's butt, Monique?" He ignored her and kept his focus on me.

"Did it sound like I do?" I retort, sitting up now.

"Just a little," he hissed.

"Sounds like you two are dating," Gaby snorted.

"Monique wishes I would date her," he rudely spat. I watched him stand up and brush his pants off before staring at us both. "I'm done here, let's go home."

"I don't want to," I decline.

"Monique," he calmly demanded. I rolled my eyes and stood up, then stared at Gabriella.

"See you tomorrow or something?" I ask and she rolled her eyes.

"I can't, family shit. How about the next day?" She replies.

"She can't, David shit," David rudely cut in.

"Nice to know who runs your life," Gaby spat before stalking off.

"No, Gabriella!" I screamed but she ignored me. I turned to David and glared.

"What?" He innocently asks, while heading back in the direction of his house.

"Fuck off," I snarled and shoved past him. He grabbed my arm and yanked me close, tightening his grip.

"Don't talk to me like that," he spat. His face was so close to mine, I could literally smell the spearmint from his gum off his breath.

"Let me go," I demand. He looked me over with a disgusted expression then jerked me before releasing.

"Now come on," he ordered and started walking. I slowly followed behind him, contemplating on going back to Gabriella's and saying fuck David. However, what if his mom gets upset? Then again that would be a favor to me if she sends me home. But I wouldn't get to see Gaby anymore on the weekends. I let out a frustrated growl as I continued to walk.

...

"How was it?" David's mom inquired.

"Good," I answered with a smile.

"Did you tell that Chelsea girl?" She questioned, glancing at David.

"Naw didn't see her," I informed with a shrug.

"Next time," she laughed and went back to her business. I went up to David's room and grabbed my iPod.

"You still have that?" David chuckled, staring at me.

"Yep," I shrug. "It's my life."

"Yeah I'm surprised the yellow cover is still on it, I thought I wasted my money," he confessed. "Cause people's favorite color and stuff change, you know?"

"Wait, waste your money?" I ask, intensely staring at him. His facial expression went blank as he stared at me. I stared back with the same expression and we were silent for a minute. "Thought your mom bought it for me?"

"Heh," he shrugged and walked into the bathroom.

"David," I called, following him. "You bought me the iPod?"

"Don't trip," he mumbled trying to shut the door on me.

"Thank you," I thanked with a smile. He stopped and stared at me again. I walked back to his bed, slipped my shoes and jumped on it. I bit my lip and turned to him. "David?"

"Yes." He entered the room with a weak smile.

"You have a camera?" I ask and he nods.
"Can I get a picture?"

"Maybe," he answered.

"Really?" I frowned and he laughed.

"Yes, really." A grin was on his face now as he reached under his couch and tossed me something.

"What's this?" I ask, glancing up at him.

"I was going to wait til Christmas or something, but I don't think you're coming here. Also you may need it," he explained with a shrug. Must not be anything important, he's acting all what ever about it.

"Why are you buying me things?" I question, placing the wrapped gift down.

"Just open it," he sighed.

"No, answer me," I demand. We both stared at each other again in silence.

"Does it matter?" It were as though he was questioning why I even cared and that he didn't want to tell me.

"Yes," I nod.

"Fine. You're like my best friend, we grew up together. I have extra money and I like how happy you get when you receive stuff. Makes me happy. All my friends get crap all the time, and they don't even care about it. However, you don't have that luxury so yeah," he admitted. I was shocked, and tears threatened to drop. David was a human being. "Can you just open it now?"

"Okay," I whisper. I slowly took the ribbon off it, neatly putting it next to me. David shifted with anticipation as I ripped the carefully ripped the corners. It was a black box, not small neither. I folded the wrapping paper before opening the box. My jaw dropped when I saw a phone. "What?"

"I have my own plan, my mom said I could add you to it. Just don't call people that aren't the same plan and waste my minutes, and we're good." A small smile appeared on his face as he watched me just stare at it. I was completely shocked. I looked up at him and shook my head.

"I can't accept this," I declined. I stood up, leaving everything on his bed before going towards the door. "I can't."

"Monique," David quickly shot up and darted at me. He slammed the door shut right when I was opening it. I glared at him as he leaned against the door and stared at me. "Please?"

"No," I dryly reject. "I can't. It's too much."

"Jesus, Monique. I'm not asking you to marry me," he joked. But I didn't laugh.

"Stop David! I'm not some charity! Okay?! I can make it on my own," I cry out. Tears formed in my eyes as I stared at the floor, not wanting him to see me cry.

"I don't see you as a charity," he quietly explains. "I just want to be able to talk to you more, and stuff. Plus you now have a phone, you can text anyone or even call if you're in trouble. It'll mean more safety for you."

"I can't," I repeated for what felt like the millionth time.

"Damn it, Monique! Just accept it! I know you're not a gold digger okay?! So just accept it! Let me do a fucking good deed finally," He scolded. I tightly closed my eyes. "I'm fucking begging, please."

"Fine." I look at him. "Under one condition."

"What's that?" He retorts.

"We take a picture, together." We both stared at each other in silence.

"Fine." Both of us nodded. We set the phone up to where it'll take a picture in five seconds, I was sitting down and David quickly clicked the OK button and rushed over. Draped his legs over mine, and turned to me...then we kissed as soon as it flashed. Black and white picture. His beanie covered most of his hair but at least I could see the side of his face. With a smile, I saved it and made it my picture.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to update hahaha what do you think? Did you notice something so far? The scene with her and Nathan on his bed, her half naked. The character pic I have for Nathan hahahaa and now with David. Ooh yeah, I'm good. ;D lol

So who is your favorite character?! Male & Female.