Sequel: Times Are Changing

Vital

Promises.

Vivid dream. I slowly awoke and glanced around the room. Most realistic dream of my life. I swear David's mom should walk in that door, instead David opened it.

"You would never have-" I started to tell him about the dream, but he rudely cut me off.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" He screamed, glaring at me. The door slammed shut behind him, and I slouched into the bed. An overwhelming child-like feeling took over as I stared at him.

"What do you mean?" I ask. Praying to myself that it was all just a dream.

"You're fucking crazy, Monique. A white light attacking you? Me being your savior? Do you remember anything that fucking happened, or are you so doped up that you black out?" He spat, his expression of disgust.

"David," I calmly whispered; but he shook his head.

"No, Monique. I am done," he said with a stern expression.

"David wait!" I begged getting up. I'm naked. Self consciously, I walked over to him and wrapped him in my arms. I didn't bother with any clothes.

"You have one more night here, til you go home and I don't have to see you til next weekend. In exactly five minutes, everything that has happened so far this weekend, shall be erased from my mind and you will forever be that stupid bitch my mom wants me with." Uncontrollable tears fell down my cheeks.

"What if I quit doing drugs?" I ask, looking at him with pouty eyes that have tears falling down them. He furrowed his brows and stared at me.

"No one does that, Monique. You just wont quit," he stated.
"Especially with how hard you are with them, no way will you be able to."

"I can do whatever the fuck I plan to, David. Don't tell me I can't do something," I spat. He looked me over with an expression that showed he deliberated. Suddenly he slouched forward and shook his head.

"See you at lunch," he mumbled then left the room. Was that a yes? Was that a no?

...

Lunch time came dreadfully fast. I sat at the table with David and his mom.

"You excited to be going home?" David's mom questioned, smiling at me.

"Yeah," I mumbled.

"Crap!" she cursed, after glancing at the clock. Suddenly she rose and rushed out.
"I forgot my appointment!"

"Great," David thought aloud. I stared at him with my brows furrowed as he stood.
"I'm going out."

"Can I join?" I ask.

"No," he dryly denied.

"David!" I screamed, grabbing his arm.
"Why?"

"Because you're fucking crazy Monique! Last night freaked me out. I almost got you pregnant. Plus, you on drugs... I don't like it," he explained. I frowned and stared at the floor.

"They're the only things that keep me happy," I whisper.

"So I don't make you happy?" He sounded hurt.

"You make me happy, but they keep me happy when you're not around," I answer. He stared into my eyes and shook his head.

"You have a problem, Monique. A problem I can't deal with," he quietly confessed with his eyes closed.

"I'll change," I promised. He simply shrugged and let out a deep breath.

"I'm going out, do whatever you want." With that, he walked off. I watched him close the front door behind him and I glanced around the house. I could go hang with some friends, however I knew what might possibly result in such a poor decision. Instead, I went to David's room and looked around.

"What's this?" I asked aloud, finding some pictures. They were of me? I furrowed my brows, when I saw myself. The ones his mom would take, even some of us when we were really young. I weakly smiled at them and continued flipping through them. Until I saw naked pictures of old peers at my old school, that's when I decided enough snooping. Instead, I laid on his bed and fell asleep.

...

It was about time that David finally returned.

"I have a question," I abruptly brought up. Shock appeared after he saw me in his room and not out.

"Yes?" He replied, taking his shoes off.

"Pete and John know about us, huh?" I mutter.

"No," he dryly answer.

"Don't lie, David. I heard him ask if I was a good fuck," I growl. David simply laughed and turned to me.

"That's because of the party. He assumes the hickey is because of you, I told him otherwise." David was so nonchalant about everything, as he smoothly walked into the bathroom; stripping his clothes in the process. I rolled my eyes and stared out the window.

"I still think he knows!" I screamed, folding my arms across my chest.

"You're paranoid," he replied, turning the shower on.

"Yeah, sure." I got up and went into the bathroom. Pulled my pants down and sat on the toilet. David rose his brows at me, then shrugged as he got inside the shower. I peed and soon had to empty my bowels.

"Monique it wouldn't matter anyway, you don't even live down here anymore," David reminded before engulfing his head under the water. I rolled my eyes and wiped my ass.

"It does matter," I corrected, leaning against the door frame.

"Why because of Chelsea?" He asks, lathering his body of shampoo.

"I suppose," I shrug.

"Well she's an odd one," he chuckled.

"Meaning?" I ask.

"She juggles Nathan and I," he confirmed my suspicions.

"Nathan goes for that?" I snort.

"That's supposed to mean?" David was on defense and was done showering. He came out with the towel around him, hair wet and water dripped down his semi-muscular body.

"Don't worry about it," I scoff. I couldn't help my eyes look him over before retreating to the room. A smile played across David's lips as he entered the room.

"She happens to like Nathan's kind, you know skater and such. Then again, she happens to like my kind as well. Which is a mix, leaning towards greaser and Hollister," he said as if I didn't know his style varied.

"And I care why?" I grin.

"It's obvious you do care, but I'm not sure what you care about more. Nathan, me or Chelsea's whereabouts and actions." Ouch.

"I don't care about Chelsea," I correct.

"Oh, but that you do." He nodded, turning around and took the towel from around his waist to dry his little hair. I stared at his cute little butt, and then shifted my eyes to his face. He slowly turned around, in hopes I was looking at his lower regions but frowned when he noticed I wasn't.

"I honestly could care less," I hissed.

"Well good, means you don't care to know that Nathan might be a father," he stated with a shrug. I almost choked on my own spit and stared at the floor. "So you do care."

"Not about her," I spat.
"But for Nathan to mess his life up."

"Might be an improvement. She's rich, he not so much," David rudely joked.

"David, that was fucking rude," I scolded. His eyes shifted to mine and an unexplainable emotion appeared in his expression. "But didn't you say she juggled you and Nathan?"

"Yeah, and?" He skeptically replied, narrowing his eyes.

"Couldn't it be your child as well?" I point out, causing him to laugh.

"I only fuck you, darlin'," he winked. Oddly I smiled, until I realized the goofy action and looked away. David chuckled and took a seat next to me.

"I just make out with her and feel her breasts," he shrugged. My mouth flew open and I narrowed my eyes.

"What breasts?" I tease and he laughed, wrapping an arm around me. He pulled me back on the bed and cuddled me.

"Monique," he abruptly spoke.

"Yeah?" I ask, turning my head to face him.

"Promise me something, yeah?" He continued.

"Hmm?" I mumble, snuggling into his side.

"Stop with the drugs."

"...Fine."

A small smile appeared on his face as we looked into each other's eyes, right before we kissed.
♠ ♠ ♠
16 people are still reading this story religiously. Thank you guys so much. :]
I thought I took too long to update, so people got bored. <3