Sequel: Times Are Changing

Vital

Rides to school, and false dates leading to hard confessions.

Oddly Liam wouldn't get out of my mind that whole night, and even the next day. I swear, I'm walking to school and all I can think about is him. Suddenly there was a honk and I glanced over my shoulder to see him.

"Get in," he hollered with the window down.

"No thanks," I politely declined. Don't get in the car with a stranger, especially male.

"Come on," he cooed. "It's cold outside."

"I can handle it," I assured with a grin. I pulled my bag further up my shoulder and stared straight, unfortunately he's still pacing me in his car.

"Don't be stubborn, Monique." I stopped walking and turned, looking at him.
"You know you want to."

"Fine," I gave in, ignoring everything I was taught as a child. I opened the door, got inside and put my bag in my lap. Idiot, I thought to myself as I buckled my seat belt then glanced at Liam.

"You go to the same high school as Kevin, right?" He asks, continuing to drive now.

"Yeah," I reply. "Do you know where it is?"

"Vaguely," he chuckled.

"Which high school did you go to?" I question, to make conversation.

"Same one," he answered.

"Thanks for the ride," I mutter staring at the swaying trees from the wind and the clouds above.

"No problem." The car started to speed up a little as he drove.
"So you don't talk to Kevin?"

"Barely," I grunt. "I stay away from him as much as possible though."

"Yet you associate with David?" He quirked a brow, a small smile on his face.

"Two completely different people," I remind.

"How can you be so sure?" He rose a brow.
"You barely even talk to Kevin, remember?"

"Yeah but I can tell," I answer.

"What about me, Monique?" He confused me at that point.

"What do you mean?" I turn my attention to him as he stopped at the light, waiting for it to turn green.

"You barely know me, we just met yesterday and yet you got in my car." I grit my teeth. "That obviously means you lack judge of character."

"Excuse you?" I spat, undoing my seat belt.
"I knew it was a mistake."

"Oh stop, you're already in my car." He was laughing now. I opened the car door and immediately he grabbed onto my sweater, yanking me back inside and sped off. The door slammed shut and I looked at him bewildered.

"Stop the car, Liam!" I demand, freaked out now.

"I am just saying, Monique. You give people chances it seems, you got in my car. Do you know how safe that decision right there was? I am your neighbor, but I could also be a killer." Was he seriously lecturing me?

"I get the point," I calmly say.
"It wont happen again."

"I'm not saying that," he replies in the same tone.
"I am saying you don't know Kevin, just like you don't know David."

"I grew up with David, thank you very much. Since we were in diapers," I corrected staring at the school as he pulled into the parking lot. "I know more about him than you."

"Oh so you're the one that took his virginity," he laughed.
"No wonder, you think he's not what he is because of it. Shame."

"Shut up, Liam." I got out and slammed his car door shut.

"Don't be upset at me darling, the fact you don't know what a gentlemen is." At that he drove off. I narrowed my eyes, pulled my bag further up my arm then continued inside the gates.

"Was that Liam?" Anthony asked, watching Liam's car drive off.

"You know him?" I sigh.

"Who doesn't?" He replied. "I thought he was gay, liked it in the bunghole."

"Tony!" Kat scolded, elbowing him.
"Don't mind Ant, he can be an ass. It's just Liam wasn't with any girls in school."

"But he was with boys?" I reply.

"As friends," she clarified.
"No one really knows."

"Rumors," Izzy butted in.
"I don't think Liam was gay at all."

"Okay," I whisper.

"Thought you had a boyfriend though?" She spat, eying me down.

"Not exactly," I groaned, chewing the inside of my lip.
"It's, ugh, complicated."

"Or made up?" What a bitch.

"Totally," I sarcastically agree. Then pulled out my phone, ignored Izzy and showed Kat.
"That's him and I."

"Oh the boy has muscles!" Kat drooled, pushing Anthony away and grabbed my phone. "Shame we can't see his face though, but damn his arms are lovely. How's his body?"

"Pretty good," I wink and we giggle. Izzy glanced over and was shocked.

"My bad," she apologized. I just shrug.

"It doesn't matter, no one understands my odd relationship with him." I frowned and stared at the floor, at which Izzy stared at me.

"I do," she mutters. "If it's anything like mine."

"Hey guys!" As if on cue Aiden comes over with a smile, giving me a hug. I suck my lips into my mouth and nodded with wide eyes, trying to get my phone again. "What are you looking at?"

"Monique's boy toy," Anthony growled. He lifted his shirt up and looked at his little six pack that's showing through with a frown. "He's obviously ah-may-ziiing."

"Look at his style!" Kat continued at which I laughed.

"Your poor boyfriend is getting insecure!" I scolded, snatching my phone back.

"Oh baby, you know I only want you!" She exclaimed, wrapping her arms around him.

"Boy toy aye?" Aiden inquired as Kat and Tony started making out. I shrug as he grabbed my phone and looked at it. "I can't even see his face."

"Yeah and?" I rose a brow.

"How do we know that's even a guy?" Aiden was acting rude, even Izzy caught on.

"If you can't tell, Aiden. Then you have serious issues muh friend," I tease while taking my phone back. Aiden rolled his eyes and let out a deep breath.

"What ever, Monique." I furrowed my brows as he started to walk towards his first class. Izzy stalked off and Kat yanked me to ours while Tony caught up to Aiden.

"Aiden totally has a crush on you, Mo," Kat abruptly informed as we continued our journey.

"We've known each other for too long," I deny any hints of me liking him back.
"Too long."

"That doesn't change a thing, some guys really like that." Why did Kat even care? I let out a deep breath and continued walking with her.

"He and Izzy should be together," I whisper.

"They were for a while, like off and on." I paused when I heard that and quit walking.

"What happened?" I question, not caring about class at this moment.

"Aiden couldn't get his mind off another girl," she giggled with a shake of her head.
"So Izzy said fuck him."

"Literally?" I grin all perverted like.

"And metaphorically," she confirmed with a smile.
"It's a shame but Izzy will never be what Aiden is looking for, she needs to stop."

"Stop what?"

"Trying so hard, guys don't like that. I treated Anthony like a bitch, showed no interest and bam the boy came to me," she reminisced with an evil grin. "That's how it's done."

"Oh nice," I laughed and then we went inside class.

...

I couldn't help but continue to think what Kat had to say. Questioning on if I should help Izzy with her problem so that Aiden could happily be with her and forget about me. I don't like him that way, even though he is a sweet heart.

"Isabel!" I holler, catching up to her at lunch.

"What?" She growled, the group within sight.

"Wait," I plea. "Look, I don't like Aiden."

"I know," she groaned. "It's obvious."

"Well... I mean. Can I help you?" That was the most awkward thing that I have said in a long time as I stood there shifting my balance from one foot to another.

"Help me?" she scoffed. "Like moving the fuck away?"

"That doesn't help anyone, you don't want to be a second choice," I spat. I straightened my posture and let out another breath. "Quit giving him attention, and let me take the lead, alright?"

"Excuse you?" she hissed as we continued walking to the group.

"So yeah, would you be down?" I ask once we get to the group. Izzy furrowed her brows as the others looked at us with raised brows.

"Down for what?" Kat inquired, nosy of course.

"I am trying to set Izzy up with a guy I know," I reply with a smile.

"He's absolutely adorable!" I squealed and Kat laughed.

"You should totally do it!" Kat encouraged.
"Is it the one you were telling me about?"

"Duh," I rolled with the flow that Kat was doing and the guys just stared.

"What do you mean?" Anthony was the first to ask, while Aiden stared at us dumb founded.

"None of the boys business, this is girl talk." Kat put her hand up then turned to Izzy.
"I'll even have Tony and I double if you'd like?"

"She needs to do it on her own," I scold, smiling at Izzy.
"It's better one on one."

"But it's cuter doubling!" Kat whined.

"Fine!" I laugh and Izzy put her hands up.

"Whoa! This is my love life! Not yours!" She laughed, when Aiden straightened up.

"Maybe it should be a group event," Aiden finally spoke. All of us glanced at him with our brows raised. I placed a hand on my hip and shook my head.

"And why is that, Aiden?" I sneer."I don't want this guy getting scared off by too many at once, he should meet Izzy first. Then she can do as she pleases when it comes to him meeting her friends."

"Is it Liam?" Anthony chuckled, at which I glared.

"Liam?" Aiden inquired.

"Yeah Monique got dropped off to school by him, surprise surprise!" Anthony teased. Great the focus was now off of Isabel and her pretend date, to me with stupid Liam.

"It's cold outside," I excused. "I don't want to talk about this right now, Izzy. I'll have you come with me back to my home town this weekend."

"What?" Aiden stopped. "No Izzy isn't going to your home town."

"You don't make decisions for her," I spat.

"I am right now, that's dangerous!" Aiden yelled.

"Oh really?! You think I'll get her into trouble or something?!" I screamed back at him.
"Besides what is it to you? Huh? I don't see Anthony protesting or Kat."

"That's because they're naive." Ouch. "I don't want anything bad happening to Izzy."

"Nothing bad will happen, she'll come with me, possibly double date with me and my man and bam, get things rolling into place. If things work out, maybe after high school her and this guy could move in together." That was a little far but necessary.

"Moving in together?! What the fuck?! No, we're only seventeen, Izzy don't be stupid. You hear me? You don't want to plan crap like this with some guy you don't even know already," Aiden was all dominant when it comes to her. She stared at him with a look that said 'I'm about to cave and say I'm yours' but something switched in her mind and she straightened her posture.

"Aiden, you don't like me. I am not yours anymore, remember? I can do what ever it is I want, now come on Monique. I want to hear more about this guy, in private." Isabel grabbed my arm and yanked me away.

"Wait! I'm coming to!" Kat caught up to us. "Told you we shouldn't talk about this around the guys." As our backs were to the boys, grins were on our faces. "Brilliant, Monique."

"I can't believe I fought with Aiden," Isabel frowned as we continued walking.

"It had to be done," Kat assured.

"What if he wont talk to me anymore?" Isabel sighed, staring at the floor.

"Trust it'll only make him want you more," Kat giggled.
"You must learn the ways of males."

"That's why he got so pissed, Isabel. It brought out what he feels about you, just give it time and now start to ignore him." Kat and I nodded at each other.

"I can't do that ladies," Izzy caught us off guard and we all stopped walking.
"I love Aiden."

"We aren't saying that you don't," Kat hissed. I placed a hand on her shoulder then turned to Izzy.

"If you make yourself too available for a guy, it puts you in the friend zone or even worse back up mode," I explained.

"Back up mode?" Izzy asked, confusion written all over her face.

"Yes, where they know you like them so much that they can try to get others but if that doesn't work they have you as back up, always. It's not fun," I assured. Wow was I speaking from experience with David?

"You think Aiden doesn't want me now because he knows if he hits and misses with you that he has me to fall back on? That's stupid," she declined the idea.

"It's actually the truth," Kat said then quickly covered her mouth.

"What?" Izzy had tears in her eyes.

"I mean," Kat slouched forward and frowned. "I didn't mean to say that."

"Since you did," I persuaded.

"Fine but I swear Izzy, I'll beat your ass!" Kat threatened and Isabel scoffed.
"Aiden talks to Anthony and well yeah."

"Damn," Izzy had tears in her eyes now. I took in a deep breath of air and gave them a hug.

"This is a conversation for you both, I did my part. Ugh, see you tomorrow?" I ask and Kat laughed.

"There is no school tomorrow, Monique. See you like middle of January or last period," Kat informed with a grin.

"Thank you, Monique." Isabel gave me a big hug before her and Kat walked off in deep discussion. I smiled and continued walking when someone grabbed my arm roughly.

"What the hell is your problem?!" Aiden screamed at me. I was taken back by the aggressive move of his.

"What?" I innocently ask.

"With Isabel," he hissed.

"You don't want her, Aiden. Remember? I happen to know a few single guys back home that would treat her amazingly," I lie with a smile. Aiden narrowed his eyes and looked at the floor.

"You should just stay out of my business," he spat. "Unless, you want me and that's why?"

"What?" I scoffed then laughed. "No offense Aiden, but you're like a brother to me."

"Yeah right," he cockily spoke with a bob of his head.
"Don't deny it Monique."

"Stop it, Aiden. I'm just tired of Isabel on my case about you, when you clearly don't even care about her." Oh yes, I went there.

"I do care about her!" He exclaimed.

"Then act like it!" I yelled back and he shoved me.

"Stay the fuck out of it!" He demanded.

"Or how about you quit trying to be like every other guy, trying to get pussy and leaving that one girl behind! That one girl, might I add, that would do anything for you! But instead you want whores, whores that will open their legs! I hate to break it to you Aiden, but life is about fucking reproduction! Finding your soul mate and spending the rest of your life with them! We may be really young, however you don't want to screw up with that right girl! I don't care if we were even in Junior high! And right now, what you're doing is screwing up with Isabel, who might I add is amazing! But if you wont be amazing back, if you wont care about her the way she deserves then fuck it! I'll find her someone that will!" I shrieked as loud as I could on the top of my lungs, causing everyone to stop and stare. Aiden released me and stepped back.

"I didn't want any whores," he whispered. "I only wanted you."

Then he walked off, leaving me there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy fuck Aiden! :O lol sorry I had too.
This "chapter" which is more like a page to me, was pretty intense. From Liam to Aiden hahaa